C***s in restaurants

Romeo

On 24/12/2018 at 07:11, I'm Brian said:

The biggest c***s in restaurants are the waiters/waitresses who won't leave you alone during the meal.

For the umpteenth time my meal is fine thankyou very much. If it wasn't I would soon tell you. Can I please get back to my conversation that you have just interrupted?

Unless I have had a horrendous experience, these are the only types I won't tip

Larger companies will have as one of their service standards that we have to check back during the meal. Mystery guests will report back if you haven't done this. It leaves waiting staff (especially the younger ones) anxious and leads them to sacrifice the guest experience on the altar of adhesion to rules.

I tend to have the knack of doing this just as a guest has put food in his/her mouth. Marvellous.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/12/2018 at 03:04, coprolite said:

If you have any ideas for getting excited kids to sit down for over an hour i would be delighted to hear them. It must be easy, just tell them to sit down eh?

If you are eating in pizza hut (especially at buffet time) or Toby the normal rules of eating out like civilised adults cease to apply. Tough titties.

I find some of the biggest c***s are snooty b*****ds who fail to appreciate that other people are also entitled to enjoy their meals. Including, unbelievably, children!

The biggest c***s in a restaurant are rugby players though. had the misfortune of waiting on a few in Embra in the 90s. loads of impolite complaints, condecension and no tips.  highlights included a spanish somelier saying he'd snap their fingers off if they snapped them again and a WAG with buyers remorse after a charity auction wailing about not being able to go on holiday. c***s.

It's not the excited kids , or greetin kids or any kind of kids actually , that's what children do.  I have no problem sitting next to families who at least try.It's when their parents are too feckin lazy  to try any sort of control  . You see them getting their dinner in peace not giving a toss while every other poor bugger has to suffer their brood. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I met Limmy once at a charity event.

He was a c**t.

To my dying day I will regret the time I was sat next to Limmy on a train to Central and didn't batter the unfunny c**t.

I feel I must apologise to everyone for my lack of action.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

c***s like that would be the first to sue as soon as their little darling had a scalding hot soup land on them after running directly into a waiter leaving the kitchen. Get them right to f**k. 

Correct, which was why the owner got a fright and also went off her duster.

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

So, the lady in question only took her eyes off the child for a second “to locate her purse” but her husband was present.... what was he doing?

The woman phoned her husband to wade in.

I know the offer of stacking dishes comes from a good place, but as a former waiter, please don't do it.

It actually makes clearing the table more awkward.

You generally hold one plate across your middle 3 fingers, then stack up plates above this on your wrist, scraping leftovers and placing the cutlery on the lower plate as you go.

This allows you to only clear what you can carry in one hand, leaving the other free to push open the kitchen door and also makes it quicker to clear and stack for the KPs at the pot wash.

18 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

I know the offer of stacking dishes comes from a good place, but as a former waiter, please don't do it.

You generally hold one plate across your middle 3 fingers, then stack up plates above this on your wrist, scraping leftovers and placing the cutlery on the lower plate as you go.

This allows you to only clear what you can carry in one hand, leaving the other free to push open the kitchen door and also makes it quicker to clear and stack for the KPs at the pot wash.

Never a good idea to stack plates one on top of the other because when it comes to washing them they have to washed on both sides.

16 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Top man, I never mastered that art in my brief time in a hotel. Nor carrying a big tray of soup bowls over my shoulder for functions without liquids pouring everywhere. If your waiter is shite, stacking the plates is appreciated, cutlery on top please.

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

People that want to go out for Christmas Day dinner/New Year's Day dinner. f**k off and let the staff have a day off you c***s.

Going out for these is just oddball behaviour anyway, regardless of the staffing issue. I used to work for a guy that told be that he always went out for an Indian meal on Christmas Day. I doubt if the staff of the Indian restaurant gave 2 f*cks about Christmas Day, but the proud way he announced this as though it was a genius move annoyed me. Also, he used to wear a jangly gold bracelet, collected military memorabilia, and had an ugly wife.

Archived