A View From The Terrace.

Great to have it back.  Really enjoyed the first episode and the music at the end was excellent. 

Was a wee bit disappointed by the social media bit this time though.  A whole summer of tweets and 2 months of football and all they could do was Hibs/Hearts manager out stuff.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 13:14, 8MileBU said:

What makes you say this? Has something been said?

If it’s to do with being on TV I’ve asked Si Ferry that question. He said OpenGoal and The Terrace had both approached the BBC around the same time and BBC opted for The Terrace boys, but he was pretty much ‘fair play’ and seemed fairly amiable about it all.

Did Kevin Kyle not put out a pretty shitty Tweet slagging off The Terrace show?

Did Kevin Kyle not put out a pretty shitty Tweet slagging off The Terrace show?

I think we could all get behind the escalation of an East Coast/West Coast, Biggie/Tupac style feud.

I am willing to commit to 2 x square goes and participation in 3 x mass brawls on behalf of the Terrace lads. I am available Mon-Fri.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think we could all get behind the escalation of an East Coast/West Coast, Biggie/Tupac style feud.

Going by the numerous height related jokes repeatedly aimed at you, I take it you'll be #Team2pac. 

On 30/09/2019 at 18:20, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

David Gray looked really up for the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup draw.

NH_opqsr6CCTfjLV3RR9MORTrFw=.gif

I was chuckling more at the other guy who constantly looked like he was going to kick in cameraman Duncan's head at any moment.

Draw.JPG.4a60b812afb22b35c9d51850796f9dd1.JPG

I quite liked the item on Cove Rangers tbh. Some have said it was overlong, but it was an introduction - for c***s like me - to the league's newest club.

Since the SC final I've really felt like the podcast has become more OF-friendly, pleased to see the tv version hasn't followed suit. 

57 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Since the SC final I've really felt like the podcast has become more OF-friendly, pleased to see the tv version hasn't followed suit. 

Aye I'm really not a fan of either of the Celtic fans they seem have on as recurring guests now. Quite like all the Rangers fans that have occasionally been on though.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

It very much has.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye I'm really not a fan of either of the Celtic fans they seem have on as recurring guests now. Quite like all the Rangers fans that have occasionally been on though.

Nah me either, I can't take to them. Haven't noticed any rangers fans, musta missed them.

Glad it’s not just me feeling that with the podcast. Found myself changing podcast mid-episode recently which I’d never done before. Shaughan (sp? The guid Fife boy) said on OTB on Saturday there was only 2 clubs not mentioned last time it was on tv and they hope to get all 42 mentioned this time. Elgin was one and he couldn’t mind the other so it’s no looking great for them tbh.

Big team found.

Genuinely though, I don't think the Celtic fans really know much about any club other than their own. I sometimes get the impression they haven't even seen games not involving them.

9 hours ago, Estragon said:

Given that there are only a limited number of Scottish football fans that actually care about our third and fourth tier leagues then It wouldn't surprise me if they've told to be a bit more inclusive in order to attract/keep a higher number of viewers.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Given that there are only a limited number of Scottish football fans that actually care about our third and fourth tier leagues then It wouldn't surprise me if they've told to be a bit more inclusive in order to attract/keep a higher number of viewers.

I would agree if it was the TV show that was more OF-y than the podcast, but it's the opposite way round.  Nary a mention of the ugly sisters on Friday.

The podcast doesn't have anyone telling us to do anything. Obviously having a big TV show running every week stretches the availability of a limited group of people (who do the podcast for free) which means you might get more guests on during this time.

The podcast doesn't have anyone telling us to do anything. Obviously having a big TV show running every week stretches the availability of a limited group of people (who do the podcast for free) which means you might get more guests on during this time.

Accies1874 is very interested in coming on to discuss all things Hamilton. Slide into his DMs to discuss.

I haven't stopped enjoying the podcast. I do feel the sellicky folk didn't add anything until their team was mentioned other than the odd "uh-huh" & "hmmm".

7 hours ago, Estragon said:

"So, woman from Clyde 1....how does it feel to win a treble treble?"

f**k. Off.

Didn't know they were off the Radio tbf.

Edited by Busta Nut

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Big team found.

Genuinely though, I don't think the Celtic fans really know much about any club other than their own. I sometimes get the impression they haven't even seen games not involving them.

Roger that, fellow bear.

I haven't really noticed the show as a whole talking about the OF more than usual and tbh I wouldn't be bothered if they did- obviously I don't like them personally but they're two very interesting teams from a football perspective. The boy from Extreme Polls and the other Clyde 1 Celtic fan just come across as more eloquent Packie Bonners though and don't really offer much insight on the other 41 teams.

But tbf the regular tangents about obscure early 2000s Hearts players are one of my favourite bits about the podcast so maybe I'm just a hypocrite.