A View From The Terrace.

Really don’t understand why LMW gets so much hate on here. Even if it’s not your team, or the type of music you like, it’s some exposure for artists isn’t it? And a chance for people to hear their teams songs being played differently to how they’d normally be heard?

5 minutes ago, matthew1876 said:

Really don’t understand why LMW gets so much hate on here. Even if it’s not your team, or the type of music you like, it’s some exposure for artists isn’t it? And a chance for people to hear their teams songs being played differently to how they’d normally be heard?

The only exposure these weekly diddies deserve is in the stocks, on a town square, with rotten eggs being launched at them.

Tbf this only puts LMW on the same level as the rest of the BBC Scotland channel's horrendous musical output. Get some trad bands from the teuchter channel to have a go instead of some gubbins Cambuslang indie band every week. 

The only exposure these weekly diddies deserve is in the stocks, on a town square, with rotten eggs being launched at them.
Tbf this only puts LMW on the same level as the rest of the BBC Scotland channel's horrendous musical output. Get some trad bands from the teuchter channel to have a go instead of some gubbins Cambuslang indie band every week. 
Id suggest you're not much into music. Sort of guy who loves coldplay and shouts down new music. Probably vote tory.

LMW consistently lets the programme down imo, and that particular effort was utter, utter tripe (absolutely no bias about it).  As the P&Bism goes, get it in the f***ing sea.

Edited by Hedgecutter
typo

1 minute ago, V.Aye.R said:
6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Id suggest you're not much into music. Sort of guy who loves coldplay and shouts down new music. Probably vote tory.

Nah your pet band's just pish mate. Indie music stopped being relevant a decade ago btw in case you haven't noticed. 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nah your pet band's just pish mate. Indie music stopped being relevant a decade ago btw in case you haven't noticed. 

Lol absolute state of this. It’s Friday night mate, have a beer or something. 

I made this point last week, but some of the bands that have been on LMW recently have supported pretty influential bands. Folk coming on a forum to call them pish based on a 2 minute slot covering a football related song seems harsh to say the least. 

1 minute ago, matthew1876 said:

Lol absolute state of this. It’s Friday night mate, have a beer or something. 

I made this point last week, but some of the bands that have been on LMW recently have supported pretty influential bands. Folk coming on a forum to call them pish based on a 2 minute slot covering a football related song seems harsh to say the least. 

Nobody cares about support acts champ, they're the bottom of the landfill of landfill indie. Zero chance of being the next Franz Ferdinand: 100% chance of being the next Dykeenies. 

oG0KX.gif.a8fdc124142d2f27645fb6f1aad0742a.gif

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nobody cares about support acts champ, they're the bottom of the landfill of landfill indie. Zero chance of being the next Franz Ferdinand: 100% chance of being the next Dykeenies. 

oG0KX.gif.a8fdc124142d2f27645fb6f1aad0742a.gif

I’ve been well and truly out-pattered with that gif. Cheers mate. 

I've thought Stevenson has come across pretty well in his ocassional appearances on Sportscene. Has a bit of personality about him compared with some others.

I didn't really see the point in that segment though. Felt more like a Newsbeat piece about how we shouldn't body shame or judge people on their appearances (which I agree with btw). However on a show about football, it seemed a little out of place. Maybe it just didn't do anything for me as I couldn't care less about tattoos.

Felt like the first time they were struggling to find something to fill the time with which is understandable in the circumstances.

I didn't even make it through the guy introducing himself for the LMW before turning it off

Yea, each of the segments seemed to be allowed to linger for a bit longer than the usual fast pace turnaround of the standard over most of the previous episodes.  

It did stirke me that the presenters are becoming far more slick at presenting and are looking loads more comfortable in front of the camera.  

Also, it would be a far superior product if they just didn't mention either of the Glasgow teams, their players, their fans, their certainly on them winning on the Bank of Bust thing, any of it.  Just don't cater for them.  Don't let them have another LMW, that's for sure... Pish. The Glasgow teams get well over 75% of MSM attention.  Leave them alone.  

Oh, and 'Safe Hands Sked', just get it shaved.  Clinging on to the last of it like Gregor Fisher in a Hamlet ad from the 90s is fine if thats your thing... really..?  

That clip of Jackson Irvine rolling Buchter's attempt to wipe him out before setting up Boyle makes me think of better times with him in a County shirt.