A View From The Terrace.

What was the 9 years since Rangers administration all about, if you're going to mention that historical event, then them being liquidated shortly after trumped their administration, and deserves top billing. Otherwise it looks like they've joined in with Sevco's revisionism of history, that liquidation didn't happen.

Yes, indeed, please watch this evening's show. I've been informed the panel are joined by erstwhile Scotland manager Shelley Kerr, so if you're looking for laughter, you know where to go!
(The BBC Scotland channel at 10:30pm this evening, of course.)
_DSF1763.thumb.jpg.5ae19009cabb97837ee7015162c87115.jpg
What's she like, out of interest?
The usually excellent Shaughan not getting why the two part time teams who play in the mostly FULL TIME league whilst teams in the mostly PART TIME leagues aren't.
Disappointing nonsense. Has he been reading the Falkirk thread?
Not sure why you would be disappointed in this? Bit too much of the old tribalism on here regarding the plight of the lower leagues. Seems to me on P&B at least, a fair bit of dislike for Falkirk is leading folk into cheerleading the Scottish lower leagues getting shovelled into the fire.

Most diddy club fans adhere to the mantra that no one wants to see any club go down the tubes, yet here we are.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What's she like, out of interest?Not sure why you would be disappointed in this? Bit too much of the old tribalism on here regarding the plight of the lower leagues. Seems to me on P&B at least, a fair bit of dislike for Falkirk is leading folk into cheerleading the Scottish lower leagues getting shovelled into the fire.

Most diddy club fans adhere to the mantra that no one wants to see any club go down the tubes, yet here we are.

Poor from you. I didn't expect you to be the type to twist things like that.

Nothing wrong with lower league clubs speaking up. My point was that there are folk who genuinely can't seem to work out why the two part time clubs in a mainly full time league get to keep playing whilst the full time clubs in the majority part time leagues can't. It's hardly a mystery yet there seem to be quite a few Falkirk fans who can't grasp it or, worse, seem to want special treatment for Falkirk.

I've never said I want Falkirk to 'go down the tubes'. There are only two teams I'd like to see that happen to, and they aren't in the lower leagues.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Poor from you. I didn't expect you to be the type to twist things like that.

Nothing wrong with lower league clubs speaking up. My point was that there are folk who genuinely can't seem to work out why the two part time clubs in a mainly full time league get to keep playing whilst the full time clubs in the majority part time leagues can't. It's hardly a mystery yet there seem to be quite a few Falkirk fans who can't grasp it or, worse, seem to want special treatment for Falkirk.

I've never said I want Falkirk to 'go down the tubes'. There are only two teams I'd like to see that happen to, and they aren't in the lower leagues.

I just think the tone on P&B in general is a long way from what I'd expect from football fans. Everyone should be questioning why its not appropriate to allow lower league football to start back up, and seeking to protect the integrity of the league system. There is undoubtedly a "f**k them" vibe permeating down from the SPFL and whilst a bit of point and laugh is fine, I dont like the direction of travel. It concerns me and it should concern any right thinking football fan. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just think the tone on P&B in general is a long way from what I'd expect from football fans. Everyone should be questioning why its not appropriate to allow lower league football to start back up, and seeking to protect the integrity of the league system. There is undoubtedly a "f**k them" vibe permeating down from the SPFL and whilst a bit of point and laugh is fine, I dont like the direction of travel. It concerns me and it should concern any right thinking football fan. 

I see what you mean and would agree to an extent in some parts.

Some Falkirk fans don't help themselves though with some of the hysterical pish posted on that thread, including a couple of fannies hoping other clubs go out of business.

I see what you mean and would agree to an extent in some parts.
Some Falkirk fans don't help themselves though with some of the hysterical pish posted on that thread, including a couple of fannies hoping other clubs go out of business.

I know that, every club does. But it's not just about Falkirk and in general I'd expect to see a clamour to get the lower leagues operating again from anyone who seriously considers themselves a fan of Scottish football, instead I see reactions ranging from "meh" to "HAHAHA GIRUY"

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know that, every club does. But it's not just about Falkirk and in general I'd expect to see a clamour to get the lower leagues operating again from anyone who seriously considers themselves a fan of Scottish football, instead I see reactions ranging from "meh" to "HAHAHA GIRUY"

All correct.

Excellent features on Ronnie Marquis at Links Park and Steven Lennon in Iceland. Great interview with Shelley Kerr too (paying towards their own digs when playing for the National side and half a tracksuit each!![emoji15]). Very much look forward to this programme on a Friday night, it’s a really good watch.

The usually excellent Shaughan not getting why the two part time teams who play in the mostly FULL TIME league whilst teams in the mostly PART TIME leagues aren't.
Disappointing nonsense. Has he been reading the Falkirk thread?

At risk of detailing the thread, surely that the league 1 & 2 clubs have agreed to test in line with the other clubs and its seemingly working for the part time teams in the championship, why aren’t leagues 1 & 2 being allowed to resume? I don’t understand it but I’m sure there is reasoning beyond “well f**k them hope they die lolol”

On 13/02/2021 at 09:36, 8MileBU said:

Enjoyable to see another feature of Steven Lennon’s time in Iceland. The place fascinates me and their football set up is impressive. I really want to visit someday.

A truly wonderful place. Incredible for seeing mad stuff like Gulfoss and geysirs, as well as having a healthy, boozy carry on in the evening. Wonderful.

(Don't eat the rotten shark)