Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The ‘people’ of GersTV

The Bristol bar doing roaring trade in helium by the sound of it.

Hopefully Gers TV becomes a weekly addition to threads on here. 

50 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Yes, players have been niggling away and sledging (to use a cricket term) opposition players for decades - the issue here is that most players understand it, and work out a way of dealing with it.

Kris Boyd, for example? Gets called a fat b*****d everywhere he goes, scores and does the "big belly" thing.

Morelos problem is that he seems to be too thick (or hasnt heeded the managers words) about being goaded.

If you are telling me that Stevie G didnt warn them about Brown tactics pre match, then I would call bullshit - Kent and Halliday also lost the plot round Brown - see the pattern?

In around 25 years or so of watching fitba I've never seen any player get the treatment that Morelos gets on and off the pitch.  Raking boots down a players ankles is a bit more than just niggling.

It's interesting that Broonaldo doesn't use these tactics in Europe or when he played internationals, only in domestic games where he seems to be immune from serious sanctions.

I'm not having the race link here.

He gets so much attention because a) he's scored a barrel load of goals, and b) he keeps doing stupid things that get him sent off.

Jason Cummings got loads of attention a few years back too, but he's went quiet (is he injured or something? I don't even know where he is) and so the attention goes away.

Winding up of volatile players happens at every level of football. He's playing for the old firm so it's obviously going to be magnified.

The victim mentality of the rangers fans is the thing that really gets me. It's absolutely bollocks, and yet so many of them fall for it (including, by the looks of it, some of their players).

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

In around 25 years or so of watching fitba I've never seen any player get the treatment that Morelos gets on and off the pitch.  Raking boots down a players ankles is a bit more than just niggling.

It's interesting that Broonaldo doesn't use these tactics in Europe or when he played internationals, only in domestic games where he seems to be immune from serious sanctions.

It's a different game in Europe. Not that The Rangers would know, considering they've barely touched Europe.

15 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Brechin's Andy Jackson gets kicked all over the park every week as has been the case all through his footballing career .................. (a once promising international career cut short by injury

Tbf, it was an illness that fucked Jacko.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Where did you see Broon raking his studs down ankles  today ?    If that had been the case Alfredo would have crumpled in a heap rolling 15 times  like he had been shot by Clint Eastwood. 

Rangers did really well after the sending off. Celtic are at a level above physically and technically. Equaliser was well worked and they could have sneaked a winner. League over now for me.

Brown and Morelos are arseholes.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm not having the race link here.

He gets so much attention because a) he's scored a barrel load of goals, and b) he keeps doing stupid things that get him sent off.

Jason Cummings got loads of attention a few years back too, but he's went quiet (is he injured or something? I don't even know where he is) and so the attention goes away.

Winding up of volatile players happens at every level of football. He's playing for the old firm so it's obviously going to be magnified.
The victim mentality of the rangers fans is the thing that really gets me. It's absolutely bollocks, and yet so many of them fall for it (including, by the looks of it, some of their players).

An article in the daily mail labelled him as a "chimp", not acceptable.

A previous Keith Jackson article had him down as the next Pablo Escobar and various other stereotypes. So yes it's clear that his background is playing a part here.

Is there really any difference between a player taking a dive to win a penalty and a player trying to get another player sent off? 

Most strikers gets kicked, nipped, elbowed, toes studded. Part of the game.

What will it take for Rangers fans to admit the guy is a loose cannon.

29 yellow cards in not even 2 seasons.

An article in the daily mail labelled him as a "chimp", not acceptable.
A previous Keith Jackson article had him down as the next Pablo Escobar and various other stereotypes. So yes it's clear that his background is playing a part here.

Is there really any difference between a player taking a dive to win a penalty and a player trying to get another player sent off? 

Yes there is.

One is trying to get one over on an opponent, the other is trying to get one over on the ref.

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Scott Brown is an utter arsehole on the pitch but imagine getting caught out by him like that, I’d be angry at a Caley player who showed such indiscipline.

Now - I adore witnessing h*n pain and seeing them rattled is practically crack to me 

But Scott Brown is a fucking c**t and nobody else in Scottish Football would get away with what he gets away with 

If he isn’t sanctioned after today the powers that be are shitebags 

Yes, yes there is. One is deceiving the ref by cheating. The other is preying on the mentally weak.

I can see why your support would be offended by the second more than the first tbf.

Now - I adore witnessing h*n pain and seeing them rattled is practically crack to me 

But Scott Brown is a fucking c**t and nobody else in Scottish Football would get away with what he gets away with 

For what exactly?

Eta - my mrs said the same thing. 'He should get into bother for winding them up'

Never seen anyone get into bother for riling the opposition in my life

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

Yes, yes there is. One is deceiving the ref by cheating. The other is preying on the mentally weak.

I can see why your support would be offended by the second more than the first tbf.

Both are deceiving the ref tho....

Just now, Twinkle said:
2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

For what exactly?

Laughing at c***s.

Archived