3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Apologies, Coleraine. First seen the rumour on twitter from an irish account and thought it's nonsense and OK came out after one of the games and rubbished the rumour, but it's just not going away. He has only taken a year out from teaching, maybe its easy to extend that, he did mention his family post match though.

We'll find out this week.

Much as I'd like him back (at the Coleraine Showgrounds) I'd actually be a bit disappointed in him if he did come back. Why go in the first place if he's only staying a year? Anyway, they say you should never go back - just look at Howard Kendall at Everton.

In among my sheer delight at Dundee United's defeat, I find myself a bit jealous of St.Mirren tonight. When we beat Rangers in the playoffs four years ago it was great, but one can only imagine the elation at getting it right up Dundee United and Jim Spence. That would be a pretty special feeling.
Jim Spence will be too busy basking in the treble treble to notice what Dundee United are up to

1 minute ago, chazas_ said:

Would’ve liked to have seen us at least try and win the tie. Neilson fist pumping at full time was embarrassing, and his loyalty to Sow probably cost us any chance we might’ve had.

Sow is hilarious, tbf. I was gutted when he went off on Friday, and delighted when he came on today.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

5ceae9a3b50e3_ScreenShot2019-05-26at20_31_29.thumb.png.ce70cbfe6019e2e067c290f77b341fd2.png

I agree with Tom these players have underperformed all season and narrowly beat a terrible championship side. Not really worth the full champagne spray and winners board kept up by a random chair.

On the other hand it does seem that everything conspired again St Mirren the celebrations would have been better placed on the pitch with the fans who have been amazing, in the referees room with Beaton or in the away dressing room.

OK and the fans are the real winners today and I hope they enjoy their night but the players at the club have woefully underperformed all season 

What an afternoon. Far better than if we'd stayed up last week. Went from not being at all nervous pre-match to shot nerves before the shoot-out. Thankfully United ensured there wasn't too much to worry about on that score.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Maybe they don’t have a decent squad due to lack of money........or it could be Neilson doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Yeah, looked like the wrong subs at the wrong time. Although it could just be coincidental. St Mirren were slightly the better side in the later stages of the first leg, I got a bit of stick on here for saying I thought St Mirren were fitter. There was no question about that today, we were well on top in extra time.