Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Have the entire parliament take cocaine and see what happens for the lols.

Just watch any PMQs. Putting LSD in the water supply would be more fun.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

So Johnson’s big idea is to introduce a tax cut that would benefit less than 10% of the adult population.

If he ends up PM then no one can accuse him of hiding his true intentions.

From the Guardian

And it is worth saying that the group who would benefit the most would be the high-income pensioners who don’t pay national insurance at all. So there’s a particular group who do particularly well - that’s those over the age of state pension age with more than £80,000 a year.

By remarkable coincidence, wealthy pensioners are disproportionately represented amongst the Conservative party membership, the group that will select the next leader. According to a study of party membership published last year (pdf) by academics from the Mile End Institute, the average age of Conservative party members is 57 and 44% of them are above the age of 65. The same study says 86% of members are social class ABC1 (ie, middle class).

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Have the entire parliament take cocaine and see what happens for the lols.

I doubt if we're far away from that as it stands in reality.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

So Johnson’s big idea is to introduce a tax cut that would benefit less than 10% of the adult population.

If he ends up PM then no one can accuse him of hiding his true intentions.

Modern day Sheriff of Nottingham...........

Scum that they are.

Whoever gets the job, I don't think there's any doubt that they will be pursuing as an extreme a right wing capitalist agenda since we've seen since the height of the Thatcher era.

Many of the current electorate have no idea what that means due to their age, however for those of us that lived through it, I think it's safe to say that civil unrest and strike action will be firmly back on the agenda.

The SNP must take advantage of this as this in a roundabout way could be the moment that defines Scotland.................

Johnson is desperate to become PM and will say and do anything he needs to in order to win support from the decrepit, wealthy multitude who comprise the majority of the membership.

It’s bizarre because only a deluded fool would think that this is a good time to become leader of a minority Tory Government.  Particularly a leader who clearly divides the Tory PMs.

She’s absolutely right, of course, but I wonder what a rise to £80k in the 40% band would do to Scotland, currently sitting at £43k for the same band?

Scottish workers would also be paying more tax on earnings between £25k and £43k than anyone in England upto £80k.

No doubt such a cut would be an issue for the Scottish Government.

2 hours ago, Paco said:

She’s absolutely right, of course, but I wonder what a rise to £80k in the 40% band would do to Scotland, currently sitting at £43k for the same band?

Scottish workers would also be paying more tax on earnings between £25k and £43k than anyone in England upto £80k.

No doubt such a cut would be an issue for the Scottish Government.

So do you support Johnson’s proposal?

37 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Those Johnson proposals man :lol:

I always find it unbelievable that people of the lower class will still vote Tory when this is what they and their members ultimately stand for.

The serf gene is strong in certain folk.