Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

His voting record is dodgy to be fair, but his work in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as how he represents his constituency(The odd stupid comment aside) is not what you'd expect of a modern day Tory politician. He seems to be all over the place with his views and what he has actually done.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he (Stewart) flirted with Labour when David Milliband was Foreign Secretary.

Having said that a PM who'd been to Dragon School would surely restore us to our rightful place as world leaders.

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:
4 hours ago, Ross. said:
Hadn't really paid much attention to Rory Stewart before this all kicked off, but he comes across to me as the least worst of the options available. If not for his family background you would never have him pegged as a Tory.

Apart from all the times he has voted to cut disability benefits etc

And he has a name like "Rory"

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

My 4 year old is called Rory and TBF he's not a warmongering xenophobe. 

Rory Stewart isn't exactly either of those things, which immediately moves him towards the better end of the candidate list.

I'd be seriously questioning your parenting skills if your 4 year old had developed a taste for indiscriminate bombing of foreigners...

Edited by Ross.

On 04/06/2019 at 12:30, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It is frightening.  I'm really struggling to think of any other nation which has so prostrated itself before another as the Tories are now preparing to do, with the full connivance of the domestic media.  It's as if some of them will not rest until the UK is firmly positioned in a list between Tennessee and Utah, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Britons are driving on the right side of the road within five years.  Never mind a parcel o' rogues, this is state-sponsored masochism with knobs......well, anywhere you care to put them, Uncle Sam.

Surely even the thickest, most bigoted and racist Brexiteer has to realise what's about to unfold here.

Scotland, circa 1706-7. And again in 2014, that time with the full connivance of the domestic media. ^_^

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:
3 hours ago, DAFC. said:
And he has a name like "Rory"

Roderick is his real name

We all know that Rory is rhyming slang for "Durty Tory".

Edited by DAFC.

The BBC is giving Rory Stewart all the coverage that it can but he remains stuck on five declared supporters. He needs another two or three tomorrow just to get on the ballot paper.  His chances of getting the required 17 MPs to get on the second ballot are extremely slim. 

Stewart's problem is that most of the Remainers (including the May loyalists) are backing Hunt. A few of the hardline rebels going for Matt Hancock, Gideon Osborne's protege. Stewart should withdraw gracefully rather than suffer an embarrassing humiliation.

ETA - The hapless McVey, Leadsom, Harper and the utterly ridiculous Gyimah should withdraw too. No one has declared for Gyimah! :lol:.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

Canny believe that folk would make excuses for Rory Stewart. He's a Tory. Which means he's a c**t, and means he has an ideology which is vile. That's what being a Tory means.

It's an election for Tory Party Leader, a Nelson Mandela or Mahatma Gandhi figure is unlikely to be one of the options. 

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Just seen Hunt on the news saying that we wants "a Brexit which works for people in Culloden and Canary Wharf"

WTF :lol:

H_B right up to the minute with the breaking news, I see. Note the date & time of Hunt's tweet below.

Screenshot 2019-06-05 at 18.50.30.png

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

Canny believe that folk would make excuses for Rory Stewart. He's a Tory. Which means he's a c**t, and means he has an ideology which is vile. That's what being a Tory means.

Yeah every Tory is a c**t.  

Some of these Tory c***s are the only thing that’s stopping us from crashing out of Europe with No Deal.

23 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

H_B right up to the minute with the breaking news, I see. Note the date & time of Hunt's tweet below.

Screenshot 2019-06-05 at 18.50.30.png

I'm not HB and that's a bizarre response. You've really shown me up for not keeping up Jeremy Hunt's pish over the weekend.

It was on Reporting Scotland tonight.