Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

I expect this from other posters.  Coming from you, though, is just nonsense.
Who of Dortmund and Red Star do you think were worse than Braga?

And why are you so upset at me pointing out they were honkin and Rangers should have won 3 or 4 at least in normal time?

That's a compliment to Rangers.

Dortmund are a very good side Rangers made look ordinary. Red Star a decent side Rangers made look ordinary (at Ibrox). Braga Rangers were dire in Portugal and Braga won narrowly. Tonight Rangers made an ordinary team look pish.

What in that is disagreeable?

Well done chaps. I honestly think Frankfurt will win the competition as they looked excellent against Barca in that first leg. If not I hope you beat West Ham in the final in controversial or undeserved fashion. The tears will be delicious.

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Who of Dortmund and Red Star do you think were worse than Braga?

And why are you so upset at me pointing out they were honkin and Rangers should have won 3 or 4 at least in normal time?

That's a compliment to Rangers.

Dortmund are a very good side Rangers made look ordinary. Red Star a decent side Rangers made look ordinary (at Ibrox). Braga Rangers were dire in Portugal and Braga won narrowly. Tonight Rangers made an ordinary team look pish.

What in that is disagreeable?

Simmer doon.  We have two more EL games to go at least.  I'd not want you to have an aneurysm.

Good achievement by rangers, but f**k me the poor folk of Seville must be wondering what on earth they've done.  Two European finals this century and 3 of the 4 clubs potentially are Celtic, rangers and West Ham. "We didn't sign up for this shite" would be a popular t-shirt to sell on the streets of Seville if it does come to pass.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This'll cheer you up!

So many disallowed goals and fake crazy celebrations. Arfield missing two open goals in extra time. Spending the whole of extra time nervous as my dad had already booked our flights to Deutschland at half time. 

Just pure lunacy but we got there.

Haven't read the full thread so apologies if it's been covered. I thought the handball before a goal thing had changed? I thought it had to be the person who scored who handled it? They spoke about this on Football Weekly Podcast after the Chelsea game or is this just a Premier League rule? 

57 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s a great win for Rangers but the way they played tonight is less than convincing. They are missing players and it took extra time to defeat a gubbins Braga side of 9 men.

Rangers and 9 men in the same post - I’m having flashbacks, and they aren’t pleasant. Thanks for that, I’d nearly gotten over it too.

Oh, almost forgot - one step nearer an embarrasing riot / city trashing / Manchester 2 The Sequel. Great, just fcuking great.

15 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Encouraged to see Saltires and Lion Rampants (Lions Rampant?) at the game.  Maybe there's hope yet.... 

This is the correct one. Like Courts Martial, or Attorneys General (and aye, I am a fan of The West Wing). 

I just watched the highlights there and Rangers looked comfortable. As usual VAR ruining the game with that dreadful handball rule. I was absolutely seething at that. The ball brushes Barasic's fingers and after several looks it gets disallowed. f**k it right off. I hate it.

Anyway, Roofe looks in great form. I have no idea why keepers don't save more Tav penalties. He puts it down the middle every time these days. 

32 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Encouraged to see Saltires and Lion Rampants (Lions Rampant?) at the game.  Maybe there's hope yet.... 

'Lion Rampant' is the fleg. More than one of those flags would be 'lion rampants'.  More than one rampant lions on the same fleg would be 'lions rampant'.