Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

• The_Kincardine changed the title to Our Wee Semi Final Spot in Europe - Season 2021/22
Just now, gaz5 said:

Should have been put to bed way earlier, but Rangers certainly deserved to win on the night.

Braga were a poor lot, should have been 5 or 6 easy in normal time. I know the Rangers fans will fill their eyes at that comment, but surely even they can't claim Braga were anywhere near a good side watching that.

Going to need to play better both ties against RB. Very good side. Probably the best on paper since Dortmund.

As is everyone Rangers roll over in Europe. 

Record timing btw. 

Just now, highland_mechanic said:

Shades of 2008? Possible final but lose like they did to Zenit St Petersburg? West Ham have nothing to fear from any of the teams left.

Celtic probably happy it went to extra time as that will surely have taken a lot out of Rangers tonight.

This rangers team is actually scoring and playing in exciting games, the 2008 run was dull as f**k.

7 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Im all for Rangers bashing but thats just not true.

The Rangers pen was a stonewaller. The Braga one was 50/50 at best.

6 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Think you should declare your true allegiance in your profile 

Picking on the wrong poster bud.  Oor Jackie is no fan of Ra Gers

As is everyone Rangers roll over in Europe. 
Record timing btw. 
I guess even you can disagree with the blindingly obvious. I even addressed that point.

Worst team you've played in the knockouts by a distance.

Dortmund - Very Good, Red Star - Decent, Braga - Pish, RBL - Good

That make you feel better. [emoji846]

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Should have been put to bed way earlier, but Rangers certainly deserved to win on the night.

Braga were a poor lot, should have been 5 or 6 easy in normal time. I know the Rangers fans will fill their eyes at that comment, but surely even they can't claim Braga were anywhere near a good side watching that.

We rode our luck in the first leg and Braga rode theirs at Ibrox.  Over the piece the better team won.  Braga ARE a good side.  We just happen to be better.

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I guess even you can disagree with the blindingly obvious. I even addressed that point.

Worst team you've played in the knockouts by a distance.

Dortmund - Very Good, Red Star - Decent, Braga - Pish, RBL - Good

That make you feel better. emoji846.png

It does. Thanks. 

I think you're generally fair. Maybe a tad quick to criticise but that's understandable. 

Braga were poor on a lot of levels but they deserved to make it as far as they did and made it a good contest. 

Rangers smoking Portuguese packs regularly... Certainly that's objectively good for Scottish football?

It would have been done in 90 minutes if Morelos was playing tonight.
I agree. Roofe has many qualities, but I don't think he's anywhere near as good a central striker in a 1 as Morelos.

Better in a 2.

He's good with the ball in and around the box, probably a better goal scorer than Morelos, but Morelos a better overall player, linking things up.

Morelos is to Prso what Roofe is to Novo. Watching that Rangers team, I always thought Prso was more important, but Novo scored more goals (lots of thirds and fourths).