Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Just now, Cheese said:

Imagine when these jobbers actually come up against a decent European side.

Aye, shadow of the side they were in the 90s under Lobanovsky

I thought the red card decision was genuinely one of the worst and most bizarre I can recall seeing. I also thought it was very, very funny so kudos to the Italian ref for brightening up an otherwise dull Tuesday evening. Saluti! 

Edited by ArabGaz

Eleven or ten, they were hopeless either way. So profligate up front. Always shaky at the back. Kyiv always looked like a threat. 

All of which will be lost of course in the midst of such a blatant papist conspiracy. 

Haven't seen any of it but Kenny MacIntyre, Billy Dodds and Derek Ferguson on the radio just now absolutely seething, with Ferguson calling the referee a cheat and the others settling for just an incompetent disgrace. Most I've enjoyed Sportsound for about 18 months.

Edited by Gibby82

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

A heartwarming reminder that the greatest moment in the old club's history was ruined by their own fans.

Was great to hear John Grieg, reading between the lines, calling the fans out as scum as well.

BBC also just said “the fans didn’t turn out in the numbers expected” on the radio so they are doing their job as a national broadcaster tonight.

Edited by Sortmeout

Clemont talks a good game and comes across as a decent person. He did have a good run in the league last year, but I don't think at any point he's had this team playing well. 

Great that he's here for three years  

Just now, Gibby82 said:

Haven't seen any of it but Kenny MacIntyre, Billy Dodds and Derek Ferguson on the radio just now absolutely seething with Ferguson calling the referee a cheat and the others settling for just an incompetent disgrace. Most I've enjoyed Sportsound for about 18 months. 

Exactly the same as me, never saw the game, but listening to this is absolutely glorious.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

When was the last European club match at Hampden featuring a Scottish team? Celtic hadn't qualified the season they played at Hampden. Was it Celtic v Leeds in 1970? 

These two were (slightly) more recent...

6mCzTDRgZyq1EtFaSznhxA27852

vOnCKnCPX9IXoEbb8GzCpQ667285

Edited by Lurkst