Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What, continually winning the league with more money than everyone else put together?

Oh yes - absolutely magnificent.  Incredible in fact.

So essentially the same as what happens in Italy, France and Germany then?

There is absolutely no shame in being successful

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So essentially the same as what happens in Italy, France and Germany then?

There is absolutely no shame in being successful

So Juventus have more money than all other Italian sides combined, while the same can be said of Bayern Munich in a German context?

Is that seriously what you're suggesting?  

I didn't say there was shame in success.  There's not necessarily pride either though, if the circumstances are so skewed in the favour of those 'achieving' it.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So Juventus have more money than all other Italian sides combined, while the same can be said of Bayern Munich in a German context?

Is that seriously what you're suggesting?  

I didn't say there was shame in success.  There's not necessarily pride either though, if the circumstances are so skewed in the favour of those 'achieving' it.

Celtic don't have more money than all other clubs in the SPFL combined. So it would probably help if you had an actual point to begin with

Celtic turnover is around 70 million

Rangers tunrover is around 59 million and Aberdeen 14 million. That would suggest we don't have more money than our nearest 2 competitors never mind the rest of the league

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Celtic don't have more money than all other clubs in the SPFL combined. So it would probably help if you had an actual point to begin with

Celtic turnover is around 70 million

Rangers tunrover is around 59 million and Aberdeen 14 million. That would suggest we don't have more money than our nearest 2 competitors never mind the rest of the league

For much of that nine in a row spell, Rangers' turnover would have been much lower.

Rangers were also physically in no position to win the top division for four of the seasons.

Anyway, all you've illustrated is how hideously imbalanced our game is.  Rangers are the only club with remotely comparable wealth and during the spell referred to, that was not the case, or even relevant to a title challenge.

Any 'achievement' involved in winning stuff in such circumstances is remarkably hollow.

4 Armenians in the Alashkert starting XI.
4 Kazakhs in the Kairat XI... an XI including Vagner Love[emoji50], who won 20 caps for Brazil when at Palmeiras & CSKA Moscow in the Noughties. Oil money goes a long way[emoji35][emoji849]
Sure Vagner Love went to China for a spell aswell, boy loves chasing the cash, fair play.

FT: Alashkert 2, Kairat 2.

So it's extra time.

Kairat down to 10 men. Done well to hold on for 30 minutes. Got to do it for another 30... or maybe just "Do a Malmö" and score a couple😒.

They've only used 2 subs. Alashkert threw on 4 in about 10 minutes.

Doubt it makes a lot of difference where The Famous go. Been unsettled and 27c in Alma-Ata for a few days & that's set for a while yet, but it'll likely be 33c and blazing sun in a week's time, whether it's Alma-Ata or Yerevan.

You'd think Kazakhstan opposition would be stronger than Armenian, but Astana lost at home to Finnish opponents earlier today.

*EDIT*....and there's a 2nd red for Kairat in the opening minute of extra time. That should seal the deal.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

For much of that nine in a row spell, Rangers' turnover would have been much lower.

Rangers were also physically in no position to win the top division for four of the seasons.

Anyway, all you've illustrated is how hideously imbalanced our game is.  Rangers are the only club with remotely comparable wealth and during the spell referred to, that was not the case, or even relevant to a title challenge.

Any 'achievement' involved in winning stuff in such circumstances is remarkably hollow.

So its Celtic fault that Rangers weren't in the top flight? Celtic fans should feel hollow because Rangers decided to f**k themselves over?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's hilarious how touchy OF fans get when you remind them that winning a one, or at most two horse race is really no achievement at all. Rangers last season presented the first decent challenge they've had in years and they folded like a cheap deckchair. 

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's hilarious how touchy OF fans get when you remind them that winning a one, or at most two horse race is really no achievement at all. Rangers last season presented the first decent challenge they've had in years and they folded like a cheap deckchair. 

Not quite as hilarious as thinking that any effort into trying to tear down someone else's achievement or success in some way builds you up.

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So its Celtic fault that Rangers weren't in the top flight? Celtic fans should feel hollow because Rangers decided to f**k themselves over?

Nobldy is saying that.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Not quite as hilarious as thinking that any effort into trying to tear down someone else's achievement or success in some way builds you up.

Nobody is trying to do this.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

:lol: What are you on about?

I'm not suggesting it's Celtic's fault.  Instead, I'm very clearly saying that winning many successive titles in such circumstances is not really much of an achievement at all.  

I'm saying that because, self evidently, it's not.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nobldy is saying that.

Nobody is trying to do this.

Yes they are and Jinky is quite right to call you lot out on it.

Bunch of bigots that you are.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: What are you on about?

I'm not suggesting it's Celtic's fault.  Instead, I'm very clearly saying that winning many successive titles in such circumstances is not really much of an achievement at all.  

I'm saying that because, self evidently, it's not.

Felt like an achievement to me, in fact it felt wonderful all 9 seasons of it. 

It’s a shame you will never have the fortune to experience such a period of sustained success because until you do you can never really know what it’s really like but as the saying goes envy is the art of counting another’s blessings instead of your own 😉

29 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Felt like an achievement to me, in fact it felt wonderful all 9 seasons of it. 

It’s a shame you will never have the fortune to experience such a period of sustained success because until you do you can never really know what it’s really like but as the saying goes envy is the art of counting another’s blessings instead of your own 😉

Oh, I could you know.

I could simply choose to support a club that gets to play with a stacked deck.  I went to the right school and everything.

That I choose not to, would surely suggest I'm not that envious of those who do, wouldn't it?

If I change my mind though, I'll give you a shout.  I'm guessing there's no entrance exam to negotiate?

Edited by Monkey Tennis