• 1st place: €1.1m
  • 2nd place: €550k

Conference League:

• Group Stage: €2,94m
  • Per win: €500k
  • Per draw: €166k
  • 1st place: €650k
  • 2nd place: €325k

You can add the gate revenue on to that M8.

I have literally no idea what point you're striving to make here Willy, but good luck with it.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, you said.

Keep supporting them if you like.

You'll have the sense not to portray the stuff won though, especially when Rangers were out the picture, as representing any achievement to inspire great pride.

Thanks for your blessing, MT.

Means a lot.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

But now we have established your opinion on the matter comes from a place or bitterness and resentment i guess i can now just f**k in the bin where it belongs 😉

Ok, be my guest.

It sounds like an unusual response to establishing such a thing, but what you do in bins is really none of my business.

52 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol:

Ah Sweet Jesus.

You're now going with 'well that's my opinion' as if that lends it validity.  

How embarrassing for you.

I don't need my opinion validated by you or anyone else on here mate, i'm not that insecure and i'm not really trying to convince anyone else that i'm right either. I trust they can make up their own mind assuming anyone but you even cares.

It does seem to have rattled your cage a little though such is your determination to prove otherwise and justifying all the reasons why you aren't. It does now make me wonder if i've got it spot on, saying you would make a choice to go support a team that you admittedly feel bitterness and resentment towards just doesn't feel like something someone would happily do nevermind actually enjoy it. That point alone lends validity to my suggestion

But you vastly over estimate your importance for me to continue debating it though, it's my opinion, you won't change it and i don't require it to be validated to be at peace with it. 

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ok, be my guest.

It sounds like an unusual response to establishing such a thing, but what you do in bins is really none of my business.

We have already established i'm quite prone to a predictive texting gaffe, no biggie and no doubt there will be many more to follow 😉

That one did make me laugh though 😂

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

This is all very interesting. 

Anyway. Rangers surely have too much for Alashkert, ranked 192th?

Never underestimate our ability to make a kunt of it, especially with the Sevstar not being fully operational. 

I know absolutely nothing about this team, I think a few of our players are struggling with confidence right now.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Never underestimate our ability to make a kunt of it, especially with the Sevstar not being fully operational. 

I know absolutely nothing about this team, I think a few of our players are struggling with confidence right now.

They beat Connahs quay so are better than Kilmarnock and Kairat Almaty so they're better than Aberdeen. I think that's how it works. 

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

@The_Kincardine will be turning in his pit at the way this thread has gone. 

Of course, I prefer match (or campaign) threads to be about how well (or badly) one team kicks the ball versus the other team.  However, for many on P&B, the Rangers' threads are simply an excuse for spleen-venting as we see today.

The upside of MT and Jinxy missing each other's points and the hectoring Dundonian sociopath being his usual pointless self is that it keeps them from polluting other threads with their tired old dreck.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Of course, I prefer match (or campaign) threads to be about how well (or badly) one team kicks the ball versus the other team.  However, for many on P&B, the Rangers' threads are simply an excuse for spleen-venting as we see today.

The upside of MT and Jinxy missing each other's points and the hectoring Dundonian sociopath being his usual pointless self is that it keeps them from polluting other threads with their tired old dreck.

Are you implying that 'Jinxy' has a point?

You too think their latest 9 in a row constituted an achievement?  

Fair enough I suppose, if it lets you pretend the earlier Rangers version was one too.

As I said, the clubs are virtually identical.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Give you the prize dosh Monkey 
Europa cup

• Group Stage: €3.63m
  • Per win: €630k
  • Per draw: €210k
  • 1st place: €1.1m
  • 2nd place: €550k

Conference League:

• Group Stage: €2,94m
  • Per win: €500k
  • Per draw: €166k
  • 1st place: €650k
  • 2nd place: €325k

You can add the gate revenue on to that M8.

Wasn't it around £1m for a win and closer to £5m for qualifying previously in the Europa?

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Are you implying that 'Jinxy' has a point?

You too think their latest 9 in a row constituted an achievement?  

Fair enough I suppose, if it lets you pretend the earlier Rangers version was one too.

As I said, the clubs are virtually identical.

You have high hopes if you expect Kinky to give Celtic or indeed me any credit for either 9iar Mk2 or me making anything that can be considered "a point" 😂

Edit : Checking to make sure this one reads correctly, i know how much you love to pick up on those ;) 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, bennett said:

A strong result tonight and even i would have to concede i can't see Rangers not progressing. It would be hilarious however beyond what i imagine possible.

Us on the other hand i think will find it tough however there doesn't seem to be a massive drop in revenue between Europa and Conference prize money so if either do drop into that competition there is potential to still make some decent prize money and decent progress

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

A strong result tonight and even i would have to concede i can't see Rangers not progressing. It would be hilarious however beyond what i imagine possible.

Us on the other hand i think will find it tough however there doesn't seem to be a massive drop in revenue between Europa and Conference prize money so if either do drop into that competition there is potential to still make some decent prize money and decent progress

There is a significant difference in money between the two competitions.

The initial prize money for reaching the groups is about 80% of the Europa League and so is the prize money for winning or drawing group games but it gets lower after that. Any other prize money  is usually about 60% of the EL money for the equivalent stage. 

Coefficient money is 34% of the EL and TV money only 17%.

So ultimately it would be a disaster if we somehow contrived to lose to Alashkert. Especially considering that Alashkert's ELO rating is worse than any Scottish Premiership side.

14 minutes ago, DMCs said:

There is a significant difference in money between the two competitions.

The initial prize money for reaching the groups is about 80% of the Europa League and so is the prize money for winning or drawing group games but it gets lower after that. Any other prize money  is usually about 60% of the EL money for the equivalent stage. 

Coefficient money is 34% of the EL and TV money only 17%.

So ultimately it would be a disaster if we somehow contrived to lose to Alashkert. Especially considering that Alashkert's ELO rating is worse than any Scottish Premiership side.

It’s still 80% more than what was available last season

On 12/08/2021 at 23:00, aarbann CSC said:

And people say old firm fans are bitter 😂holding up the fact you back a diddy team like some badge of honour in the mistaken belief it makes their success more pure or a bigger team's somehow of less value is shitehawk behaviour.

What a small outlook you have.

that's the whole premise of Pie & Bovril, supporters of ''diddy teams'' feeling superior to fans of the ugly sister because they choose to watch the shite that is closest to their house, 'the fact your old man supported them is no excuse, you lived in a wee village called shithole all your life and you're two bus stops from a mid table division two club, supporting anyone else makes you plastic or a glory hunter

43 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

that's the whole premise of Pie & Bovril, supporters of ''diddy teams'' feeling superior to fans of the ugly sister because they choose to watch the shite that is closest to their house, 'the fact your old man supported them is no excuse, you lived in a wee village called shithole all your life and you're two bus stops from a mid table division two club, supporting anyone else makes you plastic or a glory hunter

Scottish football in microcosm tbh.

That and the Monkey Tennis lad doesn't seem all there.