Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Philippe doesn't mind, if he doesn't, make the groups.

He's got a three year year deal, he's doing alright.

They say that Connor Barron

Is all he can afford,

when gets under those lights 

He shits the bed.

16 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

"Champions league nights at Ibrox and teams crumble??"

Wasnt their last champions league group stage run an utter shitshow where they got f**ked 7-1 by Liverpool? Cant be arsed to check but my gut is they've not been great at home in Champions League for a long, long time. Some good/great home results in the Europa League, tbf.

Edit: ah! Cursory google, thanks uefa

Screenshot_20240813_224145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cddb8151c440165d1de2c756f1ab6859.jpg

I think you’ll find their last Champions League campaign was officially the worst by any team, ever. 

Watch Rangers get about 47 penalties and 23 opposition players sent off in their next 10 league games now.

Shocked by the number of empty seats tonight and some Rangers fans felt they should have went o Murryfield for the bigger capacity and off-set this to cover losses associated with bringing steel in from China.

6 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Shocked by the number of empty seats tonight and some Rangers fans felt they should have went o Murryfield for the bigger capacity and off-set this to cover losses associated with bringing steel in from China.

Why do you think that was?

Because it wasnt I brox?

All I heard for the duration of the game were Ukrainians shouting and banging their drum ...periodically interspersed with roars of disapproval (directed at the referee) from Rangers fans.

I think the problem tonight was the refereeing was different to that in the Premier League.

Clement was slow to react, the bbc summarisers on text were already saying Jefte was walking a tightrope at half time.

Clement should have substituted him. 

I wonder if he kept him on because in Scotland a referee would usually only give a second yellow to a top 2 side if absolutely sure? 

I think on a yellow card he was taking a risk jumping for that ball in a European tie with an Italian referee. 

Everyone is constantly out to get them. National Associations, Continental Bodies, local refs, other team, other fans, the lot. That's why they've only won 2 major trophies in their club's history. (the League Cup is not a major trophy).

2 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Utter garbage.

You didn't copy my full quote.

I was trying to say that every decision in Scotland against an old firm side is subject to intense scrutiny in the press etc. It would have been a brave referee to give that second yellow in a league game.

Nevertheless Rangers were Seeded, so would have been expected to progress.

Just watched brief highlights of this. As much as I utterly despise this mob, I thought the 2nd yellow was soft, but when you are on a yellow, it is inevitable that such a challenge will result in an eventual 2nd yellow.

Thought Butland was suspect at both goals. 

But, all in all, it is so fantastic to see them getting papped out.

Spent half my evening in Kathmandu explaining why a Scottish person refuses to support a Scottish team to a French guy. whilst drinking their version of super lager. That's the Rangers effect ami, telle est la vie.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Phillipepee Baldgian putting Propper up front was mental. McCoist got pilloried for doing that a decade ago.

Lovely. More please.

I think the context here is slightly different. We were down to 10 men, getting beat with 10 minutes to go. The ball was just coming back any time it went forward to Dessers. 

2nd yellow was a terrible decision but the first was as blatant a yellow as you'll see. Comes through the back of Yarmolenko and stands on his ankle.

He also had a couple of daft fouls towards the end of the first half.

I had just posted in the group chat that it was a strange decision to sub off Mcausland rather than Jefte for Cerny.

I was about to type 'especially when he's one foul away from a red' when it actually happened.

All of twitter was saying the same thing at half time, Clement can deflect all he wants but he has a lot to answer for. Kyiv were really poor and they barely laid a glove on them across the whole tie

7 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

2nd yellow was a terrible decision but the first was as blatant a yellow as you'll see. Comes through the back of Yarmolenko and stands on his ankle.

He also had a couple of daft fouls towards the end of the first half.

I had just posted in the group chat that it was a strange decision to sub off Mcausland rather than Jefte for Cerny.

I was about to type 'especially when he's one foul away from a red' when it actually happened.

All of twitter was saying the same thing at half time, Clement can deflect all he wants but he has a lot to answer for. Kyiv were really poor and they barely laid a glove on them across the whole tie

I don’t think any of this should excuse the referee from even giving a foul against Jefte, never mind a second yellow. It was a laughable decision.