Dundee United 2019/2020

Which they will also get in League One down South. 
You forgot Shanklands reputation before that one season with Ayr put many clubs off paying what you did. Players proven at higher levels dont have that issue.

Let’s be honest, you are all slightly shitting yourselves at the return of the mighty terrors.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

United may have attracted Shankland, by spunking an Old Firm wage at him.

Shankland's not even the highest paid player at the club.

as for @ArabAuslander's list of targets, it's very... FIFA Career mode for lack of a better analogy. Nisbet's definitely realistic and considering that Sow will (hopefully) be leaving this summer, we need another option upfront (I personally think Appere is better on the wing). Findlay and O'Donnell... well we've linked with them but I'm not gonna believe they're signing for us until Scott Burns is reporting it for the Daily Record.

No chance we're signing Stewart, and honestly I'll be baffled if Rangers sell him but keep the likes of Barker and Jones.

I honestly think United should be trying what we did last season and nick a few of Ayr's best players, namely Luke McCowan. Number 10 mainly but could likely play centre mid as well.

2 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Shankland's not even the highest paid player at the club.

Indeed, its hilarious seeing you all talk about Peter Pawlett as a sub considering the money hes taking from your club.

If that's the profile of player you're spending serious money on, then the next transfer window will be hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Indeed, its hilarious seeing you all talk about Peter Pawlett as a sub considering the money hes taking from your club.

If that's the profile of player you're spending serious money on, then the next transfer window will be hilarious. 

He's also not the highest paid player at the club buddy. Keep trying you'll get there eventually.

1 minute ago, Accent-Unknown said:

He's also not the highest paid player at the club buddy. Keep trying you'll get there eventually.

Then your owner is an absolute moron.

We were after Pawlett when his agent made clubs up here know he was available, so it's common knowledge the obscene wages hes getting (over double what we're paying Stevie May, who is our highest earner on a 6 figure yearly wage).

If you're paying someone more than that, while in the Championship, that's reckless to the extreme, and also utterly pointless.

We were after Pawlett when his agent made clubs up here know he was available, so it's common knowledge the obscene wages hes getting (over double what we're paying Stevie May, who is our highest earner on a 6 figure yearly wage).

If you're paying someone more than that, while in the Championship, that's reckless to the extreme, and also utterly pointless.

You're paying Stevie May more than £2k per week? :lol:

Oft. No wonder Broon is permanently raging.

TBF I'm pretty sure obscene wages by St. Johnstone standards is two mars bars a week instead of one.

Though Pawlett is shite, and the fact he's contracted for another season is more worrying for his playing ability than his contract.

20 hours ago, ArabFC said:

ps - I think Johnny Russell is pocketing £27k a week 

$1,700,000 per annum, making him the the highest paid player at Sporting Kansas City.  Easy to see why he loves life out there, and good luck to him - a wonderful footballer.

17 hours ago, Twinkle said:

2) I fuckin love Johnny Russell. Thats it, thats the statement

Amen! 

I hope that in true American style the Ogrens sign him to a 1-day contract when he decides to retire so that we can book-end his career.  A legend.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We have a wage bill of £4,159,060 - even accounting for backroom staff, I think it is fair to say we have quite a few players making 6 figures...

38 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Hes earning more than Scougall did, just. Scougall was on around £2k/pw. 

May was offered more in the initial talks before his agent started fucking about FWIW.

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

With United? Out that Auslander's arse.

Football Insider is reporting Sevco are looking to sell Stewart, with £500k being the target fee.

I saw someone share it on Facebook so it is probably people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

49 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Sow on £3k or May on £2k per week, which is the worst value for money - Discuss...

EDIT: I see (according to that breathe.DUFC IG page so will probably be pish) we're looking at Drey Wright from Saints. More of the type of signing I would expect, out of contract too, I think?

Edited by ArabAuslander

35 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Sow on £3k or May on £2k per week, which is the worst value for money - Discuss...

EDIT: I see (according to that breathe.DUFC IG page so will probably be pish) we're looking at Drey Wright from Saints. More of the type of signing I would expect, out of contract too, I think?

One has contributed to 10 goals (goals and assists) in 27 games this season, the other...?

Mentioned Wright earlier. He was linked to you around the exact same time a Saints fan on our forum revealed the club had refused to increase their offer any further and had taken it off the table. By all accounts hes desperate to get back down South and is using offers from up here as leverage.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

If Sow was paying us £3k a week he would still be worse value for money.

4 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

imo Next season priorities have to be at least 1 centre half, a creative centre midfielder, 2 wingers and a striker 

wouldn’t give sow, Freeman, wardrop, Watson, Bingham new contracts, and if I’ve missed anyone else them either 

would try and offload king and sporle 

This word for word