Scotland vs England - June 9th, 5pm

As I said before I watched a Sweden v USA game years ago and I thought they are actually quite good. Not watched much women's football since.

But the standard of that game in my opinion was dreadful. Sorry of it offends anybody.(not really) I can't believe England are one of the favourites?

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I would hope that's better than that game. 

Technically, it was awful. No better than schoolboy standard.

Are you the one that hates everything Scottish ?

Because most players can't kick a ball more than 25 yards.  The crossing was a joke.

Not sure if that’s the case or not but either way it’s a better style of football than the utter shite I watch in the Scottish lower league men’s game.

Scotland were poor in the first half but the girl parris was very impressive, and England had some great moves.

But like I said, Scottish football fans can't turn their nose up at the quality of football on show in this tournament.

Parris is a ****.

Should be drug tested immediately after that interview.

Hope they finish in 3rd just to GIRU Gabby Logan’s patronising predictions for qualification post match (3rd being Scotland’s best hope....)

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Are you really that stupid or narrow minded? I was commenting on both sides.

Good for you. 

I just seem to remember that you detest and are ashamed by anything Scottish, therefore it's natural that your first reaction is to have some bizarre criticism of the national side. 

If it's not you, sorry. 

But you still need to take your head out of your arse :thumsup2

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

Good for you. 

I just seem to remember that you detest and are ashamed by anything Scottish, therefore it's natural that your first reaction is to have some bizarre criticism of the national side. 

If it's not you, sorry. 

But you still need to take your head out of your arse :thumsup2

Provide evidence to back up that shite.

I just seem to remember you really are just fucking thick.

:thumbsdown

A particularly graceless display from our ex-goalie as a pundit, when she praised the current one, only by saying her progress had been aided by her own retirement.  I think she regretted saying it immediately.

It was clearly a joke you humourless bore.

Yes, the standard was shite, especially considering that England are one of the favourites. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the standard, and it was a considerably more enjoyable game than some I’ve seen recently. Notably the finals of the Champions League and Europa League, which were both fucking horrendous games.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Not sure if that’s the case or not but either way it’s a better style of football than the utter shite I watch in the Scottish lower league men’s game.

From the Hope Solo thread.

Binos - "The US women's team were beaten 5-2 by fc Dallas (boys) 14 year olds".

Dee Man - "The Australian women's team (ranked 5th in the world) got beat 7-0 by Newcastle Jets under-16s."

That supports my earlier comments that the standard was no better than schoolboy level. I was thinking international schoolboy level but those comments make me think again.

I only saw the 2nd half, but Scotland played well, better than I was expecting.  The goal was excellent. Technically I don't think they were far short of the men's performance yesterday, although the defence was poorly organised and clearly they are nowhere near the men in terms of strength and speed.

Disappointing to lose of course, but the performance was very encouraging and there's every chance of progressing from the group.

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Dee Man - "The Australian women's team (ranked 5th in the world) got beat 7-0 by Newcastle Jets under-16s."

That supports my earlier comments that the standard was no better than schoolboy level. I was thinking international schoolboy level but those comments make me think again.

What an edgelord

4 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the standard, and it was a considerably more enjoyable game than some I’ve seen recently. Notably the finals of the Champions League and Europa League, which were both fucking horrendous games.

The CL and EL finals were poor entertainment but surely you can't believe that technical standards are even remotely comparable.

The fitness levels and quality of passing, crossing and ball control were well below my expectations for a women's World Cup game.

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

And?  A 14 year old boy could run a mile faster than Laura Muir, should we stop watching her?

Missed the first half but 2nd was enjoyable. I won't pretend I know much about ladies' fitba (and it's amazing to see the rapid growth) but you wouldn't think England were favourites let alone 14/1 or whatever it was. Looking forward to catching the full game on Friday.

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I know there are a lot of thick posts on this website but f**k me :lol:

Hard to believe nethanderals are still gauging the standard of women's  football  by comparing it with men's. They'd be shite in the 100 metres mens  final too. Enjoyed the second half.

23 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Not sure anyone can actually believe this.