The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Posted (edited)

Brechin fans elsewhere praising a win, but we're absolutely relying on Keith taking points off Buckie imho.  Can't see us hitting Brora by three goals or more, but I'll be delighted to be proven wrong.

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 14/04/2024 at 14:26, Kev8122 said:

Crowds have not been dwindling at all - average league home crowd is 541 including 713 yesterday.

The club had 180 in their various hospitality offerings which shows that plenty of people are still keen on supporting the club.

Before you post utter garbage,  I would urge you to do a bit of research in an effort to stop embarrassing yourself .

I make the average 523 this season. Down 60 odd on last season but last season had the big crowds of 1,000 and 2,000ish for Fraserburgh and Spartans. However, your point still stands. Compared to previous seasons the crowd is still very favourable, as is the away following.

Edited by Edzellcityfan

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Brechin fans elsewhere praising a win, but we're absolutely relying on Keith taking points off Buckie imho.  Can't see us hitting Brora by three goals or more, but I'll be delighted to be proven wrong.

I was going to say you have a few goals in the bank .... then seen who Buckie are playing ! 

>> @1320LichtieThey've not published the dates yet. 

20 minutes ago, teekasule said:

I was going to say you have a few goals in the bank .... then seen who Buckie are playing ! 

>> @1320LichtieThey've not published the dates yet. 

Thank you Hedgecutter - I hope you pull through and get the job done. Big one the night 👍🏻

eta - Teekasule thank you - just saw Hedgecutters name 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

14 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

27th April

EK v HL Winner

4th May

HL Winner v EK

How do they decide out who's at home first?  Do the league secretaries of both play a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Or does it just alternate every season?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How do they decide out who's at home first?  Do the league secretaries of both play a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors?

I imagine it's this one, although your first suggestion is equally plausible.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

This I'm not sure to be honest. Definitely doesn't alternate as we were away at Spartans first last season.

I think I read somewhere the team that gets more points gets to play away first and second leg at home but don't think that can be true either.

Rock, Paper, Scissors seems the most likely......

Okay lads I know most of you don’t like my comments on here,but looks like another season in the Highland league due to a poor appointment by the board.

Price is useless 

We used to play nice football on the deck and out pass the opponents and score for fun against the lesser teams and hardly concede.We were top goalscorers last season and the meanest defence,since Price has come in it is high balls up to Louden which most teams mop up and we struggle to create and score goals.Also our defence has become really soft and easy to score against.

Buckie have played 5 games in 10 days so far and are scoring for fun and hardly conceding.

We are going to lose 75% of our players next season because they don’t like Price,surely the board should be doing something about this,or are they enjoying the money from Price.

When Simmo was in charge for the 2 games in between managers the attitude of the players was spot on , since Price has come in the players are just going through the motions wanting the season to end.

I know there is one game left with us having the most difficult game I don’t think we will beat Brora as Price doesn’t know how to set up and beat the bigger teams.

Im sure come Saturday night there will be more gripes when we could even finish 3rd.

Hard to see us scoring enough goals against Brora to get past buckie since price has come in we have been dire even struggling against the lesser teams in the league and no where near it against the top teams we shouldn't be having to rely on other teams doing us a favour. I worry another year in the Highland league is going to ruin us 

5 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

we shouldn't be having to rely on other teams doing us a favour.

Or the weather.  Much of the chat for ages has been along the lines of 'hopefully Buckie get tired legs because of their huge fixture backlog'.

We've had every advantage handed to us this season, yet still blown it.

Buckie's team is chock full of ex Aberdeen, The Caley and County youth players, some of whom we're full time.  They aren't not going to hammer the shite, regardless of how much time there is between games.  They won't be getting out of first gear, so their energy reserves won't be taking much of a hit.

A mate's wee brother is good friends with a Brora player who told me their desperate to take something from the Brechin game on Saturday.  So you'll probably win 4-0.

22 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

I make the average 523 this season. Down 60 odd on last season but last season had the big crowds of 1,000 and 2,000ish for Fraserburgh and Spartans. However, your point still stands. Compared to previous seasons the crowd is still very favourable, as is the away following.

I looked at the league games only no cups at all

11 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Okay lads I know most of you don’t like my comments on here,but looks like another season in the Highland league due to a poor appointment by the board.

Price is useless 

We used to play nice football on the deck and out pass the opponents and score for fun against the lesser teams and hardly concede.We were top goalscorers last season and the meanest defence,since Price has come in it is high balls up to Louden which most teams mop up and we struggle to create and score goals.Also our defence has become really soft and easy to score against.

Buckie have played 5 games in 10 days so far and are scoring for fun and hardly conceding.

We are going to lose 75% of our players next season because they don’t like Price,surely the board should be doing something about this,or are they enjoying the money from Price.

When Simmo was in charge for the 2 games in between managers the attitude of the players was spot on , since Price has come in the players are just going through the motions wanting the season to end.

I know there is one game left with us having the most difficult game I don’t think we will beat Brora as Price doesn’t know how to set up and beat the bigger teams.

Im sure come Saturday night there will be more gripes when we could even finish 3rd.

Hard to argue with any of that

Buckie have only taken 3 points on one Saturday since February 17th, and that includes losing against Clach, Lossie and Wick. If any team is capable of crashing into the final hurdle, it's Buckie.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Buckie have only taken 3 points on one Saturday since February 17th, and that includes losing against Clach, Lossie and Wick. If any team is capable of crashing into the final hurdle, it's Buckie.

It doesn't really matter. We'd get lumped by East Kilbride the way we are playing.  We've not been good enough for months.

Winning the league would be meaningless if we don't go up.