FIFA 20

TheGoon

Decided to give WL a go again with it being La Liga week.

As expected, first game a sweaty fucking mess with a continuous stream of balls being papped down the wings.

Got Ramos dropping between the back two with Kimmich & Sandro pushing on. Front three always forward. Leaves things pretty open sometimes and have lost a few goals trying a risky pass but by far the most enjoyable team and set up so far.

20200508_194618.jpg

2-0 in champs so far. First game relatively routine against a boy who actually had a pretty stacked team that featured Zidane and moments Stoichkov. Second game I was 2-0 down nothing going right. Pull two goals out the bag with Neymar to level and noticed my opponent’s players were gassed from playing high pressure so a switch to the 4-2-2-2 and in 90+2 Messi bags the winner.

I also completed Saul so mixed it up slightly and running this currently.

B18895E8-932E-424D-A1F7-D988F8BA44C8.thumb.jpeg.08d0a731c018a65caa719caf73cead64.jpeg

Giving serious thought to that Renan Lodi suggestion now

2-0 down after 15 minutes, win 7-6 in extra time.

Mental.

Kondogbia fucking smashing Kent in the last minute the best moment of my FIFA career.

7-3 and that will do for tonight. Went into the last game 7-2 but the boys team was insane, couldn’t get the ball off him and pumped 3-0. I could of played more but giving myself a break after that defeat.

2 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Yeah, he looks very decent. Quite tempted.

V v good. Really enjoyed last 3 games. Won 1 but other 2 I was competitive. 

btw the one win was against a team with Prme Maradona, Prime R9 and the top Mbappe ... not including bobby Moore, Ronald koeman and EVDS. 

Edited by HEY_SIDNEY

I'm going to skip the WL this weekend, depsite the rewards available, I don't think I can face 2 weeks in a row!

Probably just going to try and concentrate on getting the remaining Icon Swaps that I don't have while combining it with the 2 player objectives.

I'm 5-5, literally been a case of win one, lose one, the whole night.

Hoping to get to 11 wins and then I might try the two La Liga player objectives tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Got Ramos dropping between the back two with Kimmich & Sandro pushing on. Front three always forward. Leaves things pretty open sometimes and have lost a few goals trying a risky pass but by far the most enjoyable team and set up so far.

20200508_194618.jpg

You enjoying Moments Ramos? Definitely an upgrade on base Nesta for me for sure. Shadow on him too I see. Lovely. 

Forgot how much of a chore grinding player objectives are.

Sacked off playing WL to try and get Mariano, as I finally realised the logic behind playing WL and then getting a striker better than anyone I currently have, was pretty stupid.

33 minutes ago, Wardy said:

You enjoying Moments Ramos? Definitely an upgrade on base Nesta for me for sure. Shadow on him too I see. Lovely. 

Wasn't sure about doing him initially but Puyol coming along made it an easier fit & the opportunity to get Leo in, who I've not used until this year, topped it off.

Compliments De Jong well in the middle and must cause some seethe, bodying folk all over the park. Handy being able to switch to a back 3 in game without any issues too!

4 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Wasn't sure about doing him initially but Puyol coming along made it an easier fit & the opportunity to get Leo in, who I've not used until this year, topped it off.

Compliments De Jong well in the middle and must cause some seethe, bodying folk all over the park. Handy being able to switch to a back 3 in game without any issues too!

Aye I like that about him. Seems to be in the right place 8/9 times out of 10 and with the shadow gets back and tackles well. Just a tenacious beast like what he was in real life. Probably one of my favourite defenders so I had to get him in my team. 

It’s really bugging me but the boots situation on this game the now is really annoying. Asensio wearing black and lime green non branded boots that look like diadora’s FFS 😂🙄 

The boot situation in the last couple of Fifa have been majorly glitched. Im not sure it’s the same this year but I’m sure on Fifa19 career mode any youth player you had just had the generic black and white boots and you couldn’t edit them like in previous FIFA’s. Doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme but just really annoying at the same time. 😂

That Mariano is going to do some serious damage in the hands of better players than me. I'm shite but hes playing like a proper elite striker, absolutely rapid and just pings them in.

Screenshot_20200509-021017_Companion.thumb.jpg.46d73b260e5bd846fb60bbb8d7b5580f.jpg

Trying to get the left back now, getting assists with defenders is hard, but managed 1 in the 2 games I was trying it so might be possible.

Guess after that itll be trying to improve on Ramos and Carvajal.

I wont pack anyone decent ever so WL and Objectives only real hope of TOTS players.

Edited by RandomGuy.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That Mariano is going to do some serious damage in the hands of better players than me. I'm shite but hes playing like a proper elite striker, absolutely rapid and just pings them in.

Screenshot_20200509-021017_Companion.thumb.jpg.46d73b260e5bd846fb60bbb8d7b5580f.jpg

Trying to get the left back now, getting assists with defenders is hard, but managed 1 in the 2 games I was trying it so might be possible.

Guess after that itll be trying to improve on Ramos and Carvajal.

I wont pack anyone decent ever so WL and Objectives only real hope of TOTS players.

You maybe moving Alba to CAM in game to get the assists? 

Had enough of champs for the evening. 4 wins 3 losses. saving the rest of my games for Sunday because f**k playing every game against the likes of this shit(last two teams I played)
709D2DBA-5A8F-4A09-BDDB-52181FFA8311.thumb.jpeg.a19488aab27059513c187f6eb36b9da1.jpeg
E6D8347F-83E8-47A3-A67B-DA624CCBEBFC.thumb.jpeg.24ac3ffd777852a334f14c378c2f6d24.jpeg

It’s mental is it. Last guy I came up against last night had this team. Bad picture so apologies.

IMG_3812.jpg

At what level does chemistry come into it, playing someone who has 61 but high quality players and he seems sharper?

To be honest it could be a multitude of factors, from the EA servers to the infamous ‘scripting’ which some argue isn’t real, others swear by. It sometimes is just the case that the game feels a bit sluggish and your players can’t string two passes together then, like magic, a few games later you feel like you are playing like Brazil in the 70s.

Generally players can still function perfectly well on 6+ chemistry, but you obviously want them on a higher number if possible. I’ve seen more people this year ‘ignore’ chemistry and use teams that in previous years might not have quite worked.

I think you asked earlier about tactic switching, it’s a huge part of the game. Most do it using the in-game sliders without having to pause but some still pause at kick-off to change their team. Pausing straight away something I’ve ever done, I do use the sliders a lot though, and regularly switch between about three formations in a game. Some also pause to bring on players if they are doing certain objectives.

Fairly certain, but could be wrong, that subs always have 7 chemistry regardless although someone on here might know better than me for that one.

I’m pleasantly surprised by the LaLiga team, to the point where I am seriously considering making some changes to my Bundesliga heavy squad.

I can get the Saul card for nothing using players in my club so very tempted by that, but also amazed at how cheap the Kroos card is, it looks genuinely amazing (sprint speed and agility apart) and he would be a great link for my team. The new De Jong card is the same as Robertson and Alexander-Arnold, he hasn’t really been given an upgrade from his TOTY card (although this new one has ever so slightly better agility and dribbling)

I sold De Jong for 1.3 and he’s currently around 1 but if I got the Saul card I could go mental with other cards, or I might get Kroos and save the coins for the Bundesliga.

Have a fair number of packs to open later so that could change things.