FIFA 20

TheGoon

5 hours ago, stumigoo said:

From initially being very ‘meh’ about LaLiga I now don’t want anyone to say a bad word about it.

Half a dozen rare mega packs saved from a few weeks ago (and was waiting for Bundesliga) -

IMG_5487.jpg

Be interested to hear how he plays.

I've got his headliner card and it has games where hes incredible.

Trying to decide between going after him or Ocampos.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be interested to hear how he plays.

I've got his headliner card and it has games where hes incredible.

Trying to decide between going after him or Ocampos.

Unfortunately I punted him immediately, he wasn't going to displace Messi and wanted to bank the coins. 

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Unfortunately I punted him immediately, he wasn't going to displace Messi and wanted to bank the coins. 

Fair enough.

I went a bit mad with transfers before trying out the weekend league today. With the De Jong money I bought Ramos, then had enough left over for Sanchez. I bought him to get Messi back to 10 chemistry and I knew he would be an Icon to hold his value if I then wanted to sell him after this weekend. Never used him before but twice came up against him yesterday and he ripped me apart.

My verdict after 10 games today? I think I’m in love. He is superb. An amazing finisher with fantastic agility and balance.

Form was good this afternoon with this new team and the defence is very solid at the moment. Ended up winning a fair few games today, leaving me with 2 wins to get Gold 2 and I have 7 games to get them.

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5491.jpg

Was in Div 5, Rank 2, things going smoothly; proceed to lose around 4/6 games and get punted back to Div 6. Seems like if your CB's don't have 80+ pace you're absolutely fucked in the grand scheme of things. Overall record is 44-0-9 so still doing okay. I can't grind squad battles anymore since I've played 40 so going to finish a bawhair off of Elite 1 which is a pisser but hey ho. Can definitely see where EA makes their money though, some people must spend an absolute fortune and get carried through by the sheer speed of their players. 

44 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Was in Div 5, Rank 2, things going smoothly; proceed to lose around 4/6 games and get punted back to Div 6. Seems like if your CB's don't have 80+ pace you're absolutely fucked in the grand scheme of things. 

Welcome.

Div 5 has been my ceiling this year, now spending almost the whole time in 6, but never near relegation.

The swing in terms of quality of opponent I play is mental, dont know if it's the same for you. One minute it's an incredible player with a god squad, next its complete dross.

Roussillon and Mbabu at fullback, Delaney in the middle. Werner is also a must.

Signed both fullbacks and Delaney and got two wins in rivals, cheers. Will get Werner after the weekend I think. Then will see what keeper I fancy.

23 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Got trolled by that la liga challenge sbc. Walkout, Brazil, LW...400k+ for My tradeable Neymar flashed before my eyes...

...Coutinho 🙄

Im fairly sure Ocampos got a TOTS card purely to troll folk theyve packed Messi.

My slim hope of people realising I was trying the objectives, by pretty much switching my entire defence into the front three after kick off, and helping me out seem to have stupidly naive.

A cruel world UT.

1 minute ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

It will be a lot, lot harder if you have big clumsy CB's up there. Just put Alba at CAM and the rest of the team the same.

Aye that's what I have done now. Tried Kondogbia up there but was a disaster.

Alba behind Aspas got me one, just one more to go.

Two more finesse finishes, than try and slog the goals+assists one.

Managed it in 4 games 😂 Lenglet paps a belter of a through ball after a corner and finesse it in with Aspas.

One finesse goal to go, then concentrate on another 6 goals/assists wins with Mariano.

Glorious.

Edited by RandomGuy.