FIFA 20

TheGoon

Well today is finished as the controller is now in 100 bits, neeed to pick up a replacement tomorrow. 
go again Sunday. Got full weekend. 

players running like they are in treacle. Can’t make a simple 5 yards through ball or a normal ten yard pass. Really struggling 

4 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

I have used every player you have emoji23.png

So hope this helps.

Messi RM and get De Jong toty at 5:59pm tonight. He will drop like mad as he is in so many predictions. Or wait until 6pm and see if he’s there and chance the new one. Best midfielder I’ve used by miles, including toty Kante.

I hated Best. Wasn’t worth the coins and lost about 200k on him. He scored 4 and assisted 5 in 30 weekend league games. Kent scored 14 last weekend in comparison.

Messi links to the right back, Crespo and De Jong. If you’re happy using someone off chem, there is tots Mahrez at LM to link KDB or get Aguero tots at ST if you don’t link Crespo.

I loved Crespo and King Kenny though.

Love the entire backline. I used that same backline previously with toty Robby and normal De Gea.

Obviously try what you have but food for thought if you cannot get it playing as you’d like.

I might try De Jong at some point but not in a rush. Kovacic is likely to drop out soon but I'm gonna see how the next couple of Red Picks/TOTS SBC's go.

I really like Best. Used his loan card for 20 games in the weekend league and thought he was excellent and scored plenty.

If I can motivate myself to do the weekend league I'll see how it goes then probably make some changes.

5 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Stop being a fucking fanny. 

Hundreds of thousands of people have smashed their controllers playing FIFA over the years. It's the most rage inducing game of all time because theirs so many variables to it that you have no control over. 

Those hundreds of thousands are the ones I'm talking about. Frustration goes hand in hand with the game but smashing shit up is wild behaviour. 

I’m 9 out of 13 so far, which I’m happy about but like last week I definitely lost one or two that were completely avoidable. Hopefully still on course for Gold 2.

Not experienced as much sweaty behaviour from opponents like last week, although did finish my games today on a 2-1 last minute win against someone who scored early on (stupid defending from me) then sat deep and narrow the rest of the game. I just can’t break teams down in that scenario, I’ve never been a ‘skiller’, relying much more on trying to actually play ‘football’. Also ha e the habit of forgetting that high crosses and heading are basically useless these days (I still remember my Lewandowski/Mandzukic combo in whatever FIFA it was that heading was ridiculously effective).

Still need to be a bit cuter in the box and master one or two moves that seem to be used constantly (even the wee drag-back is something I always underuse)

Will sell my De Jong before 6pm and then see what is available (before possibly just buying him back at a knock-down price)

Think I'm skipping WL this weekend.  Looking at predictions of the La Liga TOTS, it's basically get Messi or bust, can't see any other players I'd want that I wouldn't have to switch my team around for.  I'll take a break and jump back in next week, or more likely when Ligue 1 starts.  I'm going baws oot for that one.

23 hours ago, forameus said:

I'm heading into dangerous(ly stupid) territory tonight.  After this week, I really want some of those top PL TOTS cards.  So I'm going to be raising 800k by selling off Tevez and Salvio, and then I'm (stupidly) going after SBCs.  Can probably complete a fair few without too much outlay with the players I've got, and hopefully pulling in enough players through packs to keep it rolling.  And I'm going to (stupidly) sink a lot of coins into this.

I'll keep a note of things, because I'm a jakey sad act, and maybe someone will find my quest interesting.

I've been churning through a few today, probably spent around 100k and lost quite a bit of weight from my club.  Didn't get a huge amount from the tradeables, but currently trimming the transfer list and just got Vardy from the upgrades.  Not the ideal, but it'll certainly do.

Managed to pack two more TOTS last night, but of course they were duplicates of TAA and Traore.  Threw a lot into a go of the Mid Icon SBC and got Butragueno, which apparently is quite a win.  Can't really fit him but he'll be worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

6-4 for me so far. Every match been a real slog. Just don't have the coins or team to compete with the full TOTS teams. 

Doing the two final icon swaps to get Maldini for tonight. 

Is the conmebol objective bugged? I tried a team full of black Libertadores players but it hasn't counted it? 

There'll be a player in there that doesn't count - show the team, suspect it's a MOTM or something.  It's amazing how half-arsed the whole CONMEBOL promo was.

6-4 for me so far. Every match been a real slog. Just don't have the coins or team to compete with the full TOTS teams. 

Doing the two final icon swaps to get Maldini for tonight. 
Is the conmebol objective bugged? I tried a team full of black Libertadores players but it hasn't counted it? 

If it’s the Icon objective then I think you need a whole bench of them too, that happened to me and then I did some digging online that seemed to suggest the bench needed to be free of any ‘normal’ players and had to be all Libertadores.

If it’s the Icon objective then I think you need a whole bench of them too, that happened to me and then I did some digging online that seemed to suggest the bench needed to be free of any ‘normal’ players and had to be all Libertadores.

Either that or it’s the other way round and you can’t have any Libertadores players on your bench. I’ve doubted myself and can’t remember which way round it was!

Either that or it’s the other way round and you can’t have any Libertadores players on your bench. I’ve doubted myself and can’t remember which way round it was!

I think the answer is that you can’t have any. That’s me pretty confident now...

Don't think the bench stuff matters, it's just the starting 11.  The MOTM cards are usually the ones that break it, despite being CONMEBOL ones they don't seem to count for this.  The Kick Off players and the Libertadores/Sudamericana ones work fine, I did it yesterday with mostly kick off players, and topping it off with black Argentinian league cards.  Bench had a few ringers in case the AI got pissy.

I wasn’t going to play this weekend league but had time this morning so entered. 4-1 so far, including a comeback from 3-1 down to win 4-3 which was glorious. Got Henderson from that guaranteed pack last week and he’s been class so far, even on 8 chem.

23 minutes ago, forameus said:

Think I'm skipping WL this weekend.  Looking at predictions of the La Liga TOTS, it's basically get Messi or bust, can't see any other players I'd want that I wouldn't have to switch my team around for.  I'll take a break and jump back in next week, or more likely when Ligue 1 starts.  I'm going baws oot for that one.

I've been churning through a few today, probably spent around 100k and lost quite a bit of weight from my club.  Didn't get a huge amount from the tradeables, but currently trimming the transfer list and just got Vardy from the upgrades.  Not the ideal, but it'll certainly do.

Managed to pack two more TOTS last night, but of course they were duplicates of TAA and Traore.  Threw a lot into a go of the Mid Icon SBC and got Butragueno, which apparently is quite a win.  Can't really fit him but he'll be worth a shot.

Better than fucking Ian Wright anyway. The next one I do better be R9 EA. 😂👀

Well today is finished as the controller is now in 100 bits, neeed to pick up a replacement tomorrow. 
go again Sunday. Got full weekend. 

players running like they are in treacle. Can’t make a simple 5 yards through ball or a normal ten yard pass. Really struggling 

State [emoji23]

Only got FIFA 20, and have been on UT. So when playing rivals I am division 9 so fairly shit. But how are other teams in that league with multiple Tots or icons? Or do you get matched up with all divisions.

This year’s ‘thing’ (or one of many things) is to get relegated on purpose to help you complete certain objectives. It’s resulted in the leagues being full of teams in an artificial position. It’s a real shame, it’s ruined that part of the game in some ways.