FIFA 20

TheGoon

At what level does chemistry come into it, playing someone who has 61 but high quality players and he seems sharper?

A good player can make low chem work. I’m certain the game begins to handicap players if their chem is way higher than their opponents, to even it out a bit.

5 hours ago, Wardy said:

You maybe moving Alba to CAM in game to get the assists? 

Had no idea it could be worked like that 😂 hopefully could do it and people would notice and understand what I'm trying.

IMG_1580.thumb.jpg.66d4944d59b6ad21f79df4c767038f13.jpg

I’m running this at the moment and doing well, obviously garbage in comparison to some but I’ve only been playing for like 2/3 days. Trouble is, and someone tell me if I’m speaking shite, you obviously must need some amount of money from the get go to start some of these challenges? For Saul you’ll need a decent squad, 75 chem, 85 (?) rated, and a TOTSSF/team of the week and a Bilbao player. I only have 3000 odd coins, am I going to need to just blindly grind to get the necessary coins for that sort of outlay or is there a secret I’m missing?

Also don’t be fooled, that 76 rated Exposito is surprisingly good. default_tongue.png

IMG_1580.thumb.jpg.66d4944d59b6ad21f79df4c767038f13.jpg

I’m running this at the moment and doing well, obviously garbage in comparison to some but I’ve only been playing for like 2/3 days. Trouble is, and someone tell me if I’m speaking shite, you obviously must need some amount of money from the get go to start some of these challenges? For Saul you’ll need a decent squad, 75 chem, 85 (?) rated, and a TOTSSF/team of the week and a Bilbao player. I only have 3000 odd coins, am I going to need to just blindly grind to get the necessary coins for that sort of outlay or is there a secret I’m missing?

Also don’t be fooled, that 76 rated Exposito is surprisingly good. default_tongue.png

It takes time, and luck. Taking part in weekend league, squad battles and rivals allows you to build but it does take a fair commitment. Also helps if you have the time to play the market a fair bit.

I’d say at the moment though you are in a good position for La Liga objectives. The left-back available through rivals objectives looks outstanding and you can get that Mariano card by just playing squad battles.

16 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Trouble is, and someone tell me if I’m speaking shite, you obviously must need some amount of money from the get go to start some of these challenges? For Saul you’ll need a decent squad, 75 chem, 85 (?) rated, and a TOTSSF/team of the week and a Bilbao player. 

I use futbin to work out rough prices of how much SBCs should cost.

https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges

It also gives you suggested teams, but generally prices are a bit higher due to people being aware you'll be using those teams.

Key to them seems to be playing a lot, always choosing packs, and then just hoarding players. I've played since the game came out pretty much but have no chance of getting Saul as every time I get near 100k coins I just blow the lot, and I just sell players to buy players constantly.

Also helps if you have the time to play the market a fair bit.

Something I’ve never been good at. I don’t have the required patience or nouse to spot rises and drops in player/item value. Best I do is before buying someone, I use the compare prices option to see if there’s the same version but slightly cheaper.

Something I’ve never been good at. I don’t have the required patience or nouse to spot rises and drops in player/item value. Best I do is before buying someone, I use the compare prices option to see if there’s the same version but slightly cheaper.

It isn’t a strength of mine either, I much prefer grinding the game but I know some who make a fortune being able to predict the market and maximise their coins.

A good week of playing all competitions could get you 50-70k and once you’ve got a decent base (and at this time of the year with prices so low) it allows you to start building fairly quickly. I’d try and get those two La Liga objectives done as a start.

I use futbin to work out rough prices of how much SBCs should cost.
https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges
It also gives you suggested teams, but generally prices are a bit higher due to people being aware you'll be using those teams.
Key to them seems to be playing a lot, always choosing packs, and then just hoarding players. I've played since the game came out pretty much but have no chance of getting Saul as every time I get near 100k coins I just blow the lot, and I just sell players to buy players constantly.

You’d say to pick player packs over coin as rewards then?

At the very start of the game absolutely, the prices in the first few weeks are ridiculous. At the moment I think the choosing coins if you are looking to just build a good team. Prices have bottomed out for lots of good mid-range cards.

Dembele for example, he was anywhere between 45k and 65k in the first few weeks -

IMG_5483.jpg

4 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I always choose coins, as I dont bother with SBCs and prefer to just take the coins and sign the player i want, but from the looks of what everyone else does, taking the packs allows you to complete SBCs easily further down the line.

Folk completing the Saul one without spending a single coin for example, while it would cost me 250k as I've no players in my club outwith my playing squad, likely have spent the whole year taking pack rewards, which could see them having 5/6 packs each week to open at a minimum. It soon builds up.

All depends on yourself.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

There’s a La Liga 30k team that you can have with a decent week of playing the game (there’s other variations at similar cost).

IMG_5484.jpg

Dont know if any of those strikers do it, but if @SweeperDee built that side, but added in Diego Costa for like 1k, he could complete the Mariano objective easily.

I used Costa as hes both got over 80 physical, and 4* weak foot, to complete the objectives, and just spammed my way through bronze squad battle games on world class.

W L W L seems to be the blueprint for my weekend league games so far..

I’m either coming up against players I’m nowhere near as good as or I’m much better. No middle ground so far - which I don’t mind to be honest because I hate really really sweaty games.

The rebounds are still a joke - I was three down earlier, three shots three rebounds right to the the oppositions feet, inside the first 11mins. 😂

Also pisses me off when you clearly win a tackle and they constantly still come away with the ball 🤓

1 minute ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

W L W L seems to be the blueprint for my weekend league games so far..

I’m either coming up against players I’m nowhere near as good as or I’m much better. No middle ground so far - which I don’t mind to be honest because I hate really really sweaty games.

The rebounds are still a joke - I was three down earlier, three shots three rebounds right to the the oppositions feet, inside the first 11mins. 😂

Also pisses me off when you clearly win a tackle and they constantly still come away with the ball 🤓

Your last point is something that consistently happens and is infuriating. Reckon I must be hitting the post/bar on average at least once a game if not more.

Currently 9-5. Went on a rotten run where I got pumped a few times but clawed it back to a respectable position. I hate Heung Min Son, his gold card alone still scores past me regularly never mind his TOTS.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont know if any of those strikers do it, but if @SweeperDee built that side, but added in Diego Costa for like 1k, he could complete the Mariano objective easily.

I used Costa as hes both got over 80 physical, and 4* weak foot, to complete the objectives, and just spammed my way through bronze squad battle games on world class.

That’s exactly how I’m on the road to completing it as well. Need 4 more finesse shots or something. Although be only 1 refresh remaining as I made hard work of that Mexican objective!

How does the Weekend League qualification work? I'm stuck in Division 10 either pumping genuine Division 10 level players by 3 or 4 goals or losing by 3 or 4 to guys with 90 rated teams, so it's taking a long time to build up to the 2,000 Champions points I need. I surely don't need to get 2,000 points from scratch every time?

To be honest it could be a multitude of factors, from the EA servers to the infamous ‘scripting’ which some argue isn’t real, others swear by. It sometimes is just the case that the game feels a bit sluggish and your players can’t string two passes together then, like magic, a few games later you feel like you are playing like Brazil in the 70s.

Generally players can still function perfectly well on 6+ chemistry, but you obviously want them on a higher number if possible. I’ve seen more people this year ‘ignore’ chemistry and use teams that in previous years might not have quite worked.

I think you asked earlier about tactic switching, it’s a huge part of the game. Most do it using the in-game sliders without having to pause but some still pause at kick-off to change their team. Pausing straight away something I’ve ever done, I do use the sliders a lot though, and regularly switch between about three formations in a game. Some also pause to bring on players if they are doing certain objectives.

Fairly certain, but could be wrong, that subs always have 7 chemistry regardless although someone on here might know better than me for that one.
Cheers for that, last question is fitness. If I was playing FM I don't start a player with less than 90%, is there a general rule in FIFA?

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How does the Weekend League qualification work? I'm stuck in Division 10 either pumping genuine Division 10 level players by 3 or 4 goals or losing by 3 or 4 to guys with 90 rated teams, so it's taking a long time to build up to the 2,000 Champions points I need. I surely don't need to get 2,000 points from scratch every time?

Yeah you need 2000 points each time, but you can earn them through the WL.

I cant remember exactly how many wins you need, but I think its 11, and that gives you the 2000pts to qualify.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah you need 2000 points each time, but you can earn them through the WL.

I cant remember exactly how many wins you need, but I think its 11, and that gives you the 2000pts to qualify.

I'm gonna be one and done at this rate. 

I've got a rough idea for the sort of team I want to use but focusing on objectives where I can at the moment.