Scotland vs Cyprus saturday match thread

Clarke will prove to be a v good manager

However I am afraid he nearly fked up with Brophy up front. Nepotism at its finest. 

Burke comes on and shows in matter of minutes why he should have started ahead of Brophy. 

Still we won and 3 points is what matters 

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Clarke will prove to be a v good manager

However I am afraid he nearly fked up with Brophy up front. Nepotism at its finest. 

Burke comes on and shows in matter of minutes why he should have started ahead of Brophy. 

Still we won and 3 points is what matters 

Tbf to brophy, he probably isn't good enough but the cross for burke was probably the first one of the night that wasnt either too close to the keeper or miles over hit 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Robertson completely losing his man.

the worrying thing is why is he marking their 6ft plus centre back? he isnt good in teh air should not be marking a guy like that while odonnel doesnt mark

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Wasn't pretty but job done, wouldn't surprise me to see us get a 0-0 against the Belgium's

I'd be surprised if we keep a clean sheet on Tuesday.

They cut us open a couple of times tonight, and Belgium are obviously a far bigger threat.

Knowing that Rangers supporters will be fuming after every single Scotland victory, I have never felt so patriotic. 

Brophy is an absolute nothing player, by the way. He's only a middle-of-the-road striker in the Scottish Premiership FFS. I'd rate him as being marginally better than Chris Kane. He must never don a Scotland shirt again.

1 minute ago, swing_kinker said:

When he media keeplayer banging on about how amazig every Scotland team pre 2000 was it's always worth noting hey had plenty shockers too with all the supposed world class players. 

^^^ a reminder that Scotland wins are scarce and that we should hit the sauce at any given opportunity. 

#seterdynicht 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Job done. I'm glad it happened the way it did. Gives Clarke an insight into the issues we have first hand, gained 3 points and a good wee win.

Yup, as far as first games go, it was alright.

Gives him insight into how certain players react to each other and now he can start to put his own mark on things. A wins a win.

Deserved to win the game but it was a poor performance.

Robertson and Fraser were the only 2 Scottish players who looked capable of making things happen. Service to Brophy wasn't great and very little came from Scotland's right hand side. Burke came on and did well but that's no slight on Brophy.

Robertson and McKenna fucked up for the Cypriot goal. Both trying to mark the same player and when the goalscorer peeled off he had a free header because neither McKenna nor Robertson were taking charge and telling the other what to do.

Biggest disappointment of the game was the midfield. Those 3 just don't work together. The game passed the midfield by and it was easy to forget that McGinn, McGregor and McLean were even on the park. They did nothing at all going forward. They never supported Brophy. They never got involved going forward. They had absolutely no impact on the game. Clarke needs to sort out the midfield because tonight just didnt work at all.