Mark Field MP

ForzaDundee

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

What's acceptable in that situation is standing in front of her and telling her to leave or you'll call the police. Everything else is excessive IMO .

"Right you are sir, you've foiled my attempt to disrupt this event to publicise my cause, I'll quietly make my escape before the rozzers get here. Sorry to have been of any inconvenience." 

How come none of the other men she walked past before she got anywhere near Field thought that she was enough of a threat that she needed to be pinned against the pillar then marched out?

It’s certainly not the vicious assault that it’s being framed as in some circles, but it should also not be brushed under the carpet. Totally over the top reaction from Field, and from people on both sides of the argument.

As I have made it obvious on this forum I have absolutely no time for the tories or any of their policies past and present.

However for me to live in a democracy everyone has the right to a political point of view and for others to have the same right to protest in a proper and safe manner.

For me Field was definitely wrong in the forceful manner he apprehended the woman but he was right to stop her going any further.

He did not know if the woman was armed or a suicide bomber, bear in mind the injuries suffered by tory party members when the  IRA bombed Brighton's Grand Hotel.

Peaceful or noisy protests are part of our society and have been for years but unfortunately in recent times fanatics have went a lot further, Lee Rigby.

Obviously the whole incident begs the question as to why there was such a lack of security to allow her to get as far as she did. 

I was at Holyrood last week just at the end of Extinction Rebellions peaceful protest and the police presence was enormous inside and outside parliament, entry security was large and more intense with any bags having to be checked in and not allowed any further, as I mentioned this was right at the end of a peaceful protest yet it displays how serious the authorities maintain vigilance. 

Having seen it, I do not believe it was excessive at all.  He wasn't punching the women or anything.  She was apprehended and pinned.  

I think he's been hard done by here actually and I'm not one for sympathising with Tories.

He was a guest at an event not the security, he was just being a macho p***k.

This is a valid point, especially given the talk earlier in the thread about door staff (bouncers) & reasonable / excessive force.
If a member of the public took it upon themselves to act like that in a nightclub with no official capacity to do so, I think it would be seen as aggressive & unnecessary force.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

He did not know if the woman was armed or a suicide bomber, bear in mind the injuries suffered by tory party members when the  IRA bombed Brighton's Grand Hotel.

He did know. You can clearly see her hands and that she was not carrying any weapon. You can clearly see by the thin dress she is wearing that she isn't a suicide bomber or concealing any weapons.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I have made it obvious on this forum I have absolutely no time for the tories or any of their policies past and present.

However for me to live in a democracy everyone has the right to a political point of view and for others to have the same right to protest in a proper and safe manner.

For me Field was definitely wrong in the forceful manner he apprehended the woman but he was right to stop her going any further.

Peaceful or noisy protests are part of our society and have been for years but unfortunately in recent times fanatics have went a lot further, Lee Rigby.

Obviously the whole incident begs the question as to why there was such a lack of security to allow her to get as far as she did. 

I was at Holyrood last week just at the end of Extinction Rebellions peaceful protest and the police presence was enormous inside and outside parliament, entry security was large and more intense with any bags having to be checked in and not allowed any further, as I mentioned this was right at the end of a peaceful protest yet it displays how serious the authorities maintain vigilance. 

Get a fucking grip.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Get a fucking grip.

Really?

There are plenty of nutters around, you've been on here for a very long time and you may recall a poster some years back who posted he had enough ammunition now to finish off three primary schools?

I still have the post.