Billy Gilmour

Kuro

18 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I hate bandwagons and people jumping the gun and I'm a miserable bastart. Think it would be good for expectations to be tempered by some crap performances so we don't have tits calling him world class after a game. Bing McCrosby I'm looking at you.

Incredibly weird tbh. You want him to be shite just so you can point score over a guy called Bing McCrosby on the Pie & Bovril Football Forum. 

Seinfeld Leaving GIFs | Tenor

Just now, The Moonster said:

Incredibly weird tbh. You want him to be shite just so you can point score over a guy called Bing McCrosby on the Pie & Bovril Football Forum. 

Seinfeld Leaving GIFs | Tenor

🤣 honestly hes best just ignored

Ill need to actually make the time to watch a Norwich game soon. Pleasing that he's already looking like one of the first names on the teams heat tho.

20 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

🤣 honestly hes best just ignored

Ill need to actually make the time to watch a Norwich game soon. Pleasing that he's already looking like one of the first names on the teams heat tho.

Whilst I think you have made some wild claims on here he is waaaay too small to be a top NBA player  imo

While it is great he is getting game time, concern is he might get dragged down playing in a team that is getting scudded every week. It is a certain type of player than can thrive in a poor side. Hopefully Gilmour can be that type of player.

Maybe he will be able to add a different type of skill set from having to battle most weeks. That's what Chelsea will be hoping and could be good for Scotland too. 

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I hate bandwagons and people jumping the gun and I'm a miserable bastart. Think it would be good for expectations to be tempered by some crap performances so we don't have tits calling him world class after a game. Bing McCrosby I'm looking at you.

You willingly want a Scottish player to be crap. Wow! 

19 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

While it is great he is getting game time, concern is he might get dragged down playing in a team that is getting scudded every week. It is a certain type of player than can thrive in a poor side. Hopefully Gilmour can be that type of player.

Maybe he will be able to add a different type of skill set from having to battle most weeks. That's what Chelsea will be hoping and could be good for Scotland too. 

I think battling and chasing the ball is exactly the reason he’s been sent there. His off the ball work is what he needs to get more practice at for Tuchel to see him as a regular first team player.

But I agree it’s a concern that they get walloped every week and it ends up being a bit of a nothing season. Need to see how they get on against a team that’s closer to their level.

I'm sure he'll be dropped a couple of times over the next year but it's so good seeing someone we've all been raving about come in and automatically become our best player. I wasn't sure how Clarke would take to him but he looks like the midfield is his for God knows how long now.

18 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

To be fair he is earning his place in the Scotland team. He’s been great for us so far, so I’m not surprised Clarke is keeping him in.

I think theres more to come, for me hes under utilised if he doesnt have someone a bit bigger and stronger like McTominay in there. Someone called him feeble in the match thread, and unfortunately thats something iv seen more and more of from him this season having watched Norwich. We all know he is small, he is also pretty slow and easy to lose for opposition midfielders. But, as thats not his strength anyway lets try to minimise how much of it he needs to do. Against England he was everywhere, moving side to side, he was the one taking it off the wing backs if they broke forward into a blind alley and shifting it across the park, lastnight we seen how he can pick passes through the lines. His lack of physicality shines through when theres noone else in there who is a very good, very physical player like McTominay, and clearly better teams than Moldova will punish us for it. But if we can mitigate it ourselves and let him patrol the middle third of the park, he will give us something I cant remember us ever having in terms of ball retention and ability to dictate the game.

Should be the first name on the teamsheet for the foreseeable future. Always looks for the ball, tries to be positive with it and actually has the technical ability to look after it in tight areas.

Thought it was very noticeable the difference when he went off last night.

2 hours ago, munro7 said:

Should be the first name on the teamsheet for the foreseeable future. Always looks for the ball, tries to be positive with it and actually has the technical ability to look after it in tight areas.

Thought it was very noticeable the difference when he went off last night.

He was our best player on the pitch by some distance. A lot can appear different in person versus TV, but one thing was very obvious at the game - Gilmour covers some amount of ground and demands the ball from everyone - all the time. 

He gets it in tight spaces, and moves it on quickly. The speed and range of his passing is far superior to anything we’ve had in a very long time.

The other obvious aspect was the sheer athleticism of Patterson. I’d guess he’s one of our fastest players, looks tall and strong and very attack minded. 

I presume Clarke will use him and SOD interchangeably for the remaining 5 games, but I’d expect Patterson to start every game after these remaining qualifiers.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

6 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

A lot can appear different in person versus TV

So true. I wonder if that contributes to fans and the manager having a different perception of the game.

I also thought big Jack Hendry was stellar.

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

So true. I wonder if that contributes to fans and the manager having a different perception of the game.

I also thought big Jack Hendry was stellar.

Undoubtedly. I thought we were generally quite poor and played in third gear.

Having seen the highlights, the chances created were far more clear cut than thought at the time. So, yes, my view wasn’t quite accurate.

I think Clarke setup to win comfortably and without exerting too much energy given Tuesday which makes sense.

With any sort of finishing, we would have scored 4 or 5. They were certainly one of the poorest teams I’ve seen at Hampden in 25 years. Easily as bad as San Marino and Gibraltar.

Some of those stats are almost expected with the role he plays, but the number of times winning possession, tackling and creating chances is hugely impressive.

Can’t believe I read a post on this website earlier saying we should drop him for Davie Turnbull.

Edited by eez-eh