Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

We'll likely get to see more of him than we did before tbh.

I imagine Norwich will stream their games for a wee fee. I'd be happy to pay a tenner now and again to watch him tbh.

Just now, velo army said:

I imagine Norwich will stream their games for a wee fee. I'd be happy to pay a tenner now and again to watch him tbh.

I'm being a bit simplistic here but he wasn't getting much game time at Chelsea. Chelsea can be on tv over 30 times a year (including cups etc) but if he only plays 10 games then they aren't guaranteed to always be on the tv when he plays.

I imagine he'll play almost all of Norwich's games. If they are on tv 8 -10 times then we're likely to see him more, jsut not against Chelsea obviously.

On 24/06/2021 at 18:06, Miguel Sanchez said:

Loan move to Norwich imminent.

Confirmed. I'd hoped that he would have gone to a club, possibly abroad, with better players.

On 24/06/2021 at 18:36, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Chelsea should trim their squad if Liverpool, City and Utd agree to trim theirs.

Chelsea will be trimming their massive squad anyway. There's a large number of players who have returned from loan. 

Zappacosta, Sarr, Miazga, Rahaman, Drinkwater (£100k a week!), Ampadu, Bakayoko, Gallagher, Barkley Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy and Batshuayi are on first-team wages.

I can't see Tuchel wanting any of them next season.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

32 minutes ago, velo army said:

English clubs didn't live stream their games last season, I doubt they're going to be able to do so now if they're back to full houses either.

On 23/06/2021 at 16:11, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Rice is just another Barkley.

They're nothing alike and Rice is genuinely talented. 

Not sure this is a good move for Gilmour but it gets him game time at that level so will soon find out. 

I am a bit surprised that Chelsea haven’t made more of an effort to put him more regularly into the first team tbh, it seems stupid to buy in someone new like Rice, to back up Jorginho, Kovacevic, Kante etc when they could have been bringing Billy in. I don’t think the starts he’s had for them have gone badly at all, so it’s a bit strange they have issues with starting him more regularly when they need to rotate.

I do think he is at the point where he needs to be playing and in that respect I think Norwich is a great option for him, a premier  league side who play good football, Tuchel knows Farke and his style and that’s why they were picked, so I don’t think it’s a bad move at all. 

That’s a good move for him.
For a player his age he has played remarkably little senior football.
He is 20 and he has played 22 times for Chelsea and three Scotland, 25 top level matches.
As a lazy comparison Mason Greenwood is 19 - younger than Gilmour. He has over 100 appearances for Man Utd.
18 year old Jude Bellingham has 90 senior appearances and six England caps.
When our very own John McGinn was 20 he had over 80 Scottish top flight appearances and had started a cup final and won it.
What Gilmour needs is a season where he can stay injury free and where he starts 30+ games at the top level. He wouldn’t get that at Chelsea - it’s clear Tuchel doesn’t fancy him at the moment - he will get that at Norwich.

We're going to see new levels of tears and snotters in this thread when he starts the first two games on the bench.
I'll be sure not to disappoint but it'll be a different kind of tears when he partners McLean with Hanley strolling it behind them.

Norwich are pish and will go straight back down.
Some on here would have you think he’s Xavi. If he was that good he’d have a pick of clubs. 
So what if they do? Playing next to shiter players won't be the worst thing imaginable given he'll have to do that when playing for Scotland.

Xavi had played about ten senior games by the time he was the same age as Gilmour is now. People seem to think Football Manager = real life and you're a busted flush if you're not pushing 100 appearances by 21.

We only need him to be better than Kenny McLean and Callum McGregor to improve our first team, and he already is. He will improve with a full season playing for a weaker team in a strong league, and then he will be at Chelsea or a level not too far off that the following season. If we're hoping for him to be a world class option or close, he's well on the right track.

Xavi had played about ten senior games by the time he was the same age as Gilmour is now.

Not sure where you’re getting this from. Xavi made his Barca debut as an 18 year old and had over 50 games for them by the time he was 20.
It’s not necessarily a bad thing that Gilmour has so little game time, could help him later in his career with conditioning. Now is the time for him to become a first team regular though.