The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Seeing 'Boris Johnson' and 'ethics adviser' in the same sentence is some laugh. 

I'm imagining an "IT crowd" style recorded message saying "hi boris, your ethics adviser here. Your proposal is immoral and potentially illegal. Please ditch it and try another one" 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I'm imagining an "IT crowd" style recorded message saying "hi boris, your ethics adviser here. Your proposal is immoral and potentially illegal. Please ditch it and try another one" 

😂 Although it should probably be 'As usual your proposal is immoral and potentially illegal.'

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The resignation letter.

Any other PM in history would be in serious trouble as a result of something like that. 

The Talking Haystack will of course suffer absolutely no consequences and will completely ignore this. 

What a country. 

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Any other PM in history would be in serious trouble as a result of something like that. 

The Talking Haystack will of course suffer absolutely no consequences and will completely ignore this. 

What a country. 

I did think I might amend your final sentence to clarify the point, but it was too obvious even for me..... I'm sure we were all thinking it. 

I don’t think an independent ethics adviser is much use to Johnson.  Ashtray on a motorbike springs to mind.
I suspect that statement has been made on the back of a few people Cunto thought might be suitable being sounded out only for them to laugh heartily in his face before extending their barge pole.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I don’t think an independent ethics adviser is much use to Johnson.  Ashtray on a motorbike springs to mind.

I suspect that statement has been made on the back of a few people Cunto thought might be suitable being sounded out only for them to laugh heartily in his face before extending their barge pole.

I can see a certain Mr R. Giuliani being interested.  It would be a match made in heaven.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I can see a certain Mr R. Giuliani being interested.  It would be a match made in heaven.

They should definitely get Giuliani in as their Downing St spokesman. Bring back the glory days of Bernard Ingham, for those old enough to remember.

image.png.0c823a43c78ce4e0aecaacf63548325a.png

I know we're having a laugh at Johnson and the Geidt resignation but it seems to me we're in a really dangerous place just now. No substantial media or opposition attacks on a PM who, if I read it right, was deliberately breaking his own Ministerial code where, as Geidt says 'deliberately breaching his own code is an affront. A deliberate breach, or even an intention to do so, would be to suspend the provisions of the code to suit a political end.'

That has to mean this administration, without any noticeable checks/outrage at its behaviour, sees itself as above the rule of law and willing to break any/all rulings they don't like, does it not? I know the ECHR has stopped (for now) the barbaric Rwanda deportations but ffs, where is this all going to end up?

33 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I know we're having a laugh at Johnson and the Geidt resignation but it seems to me we're in a really dangerous place just now. No substantial media or opposition attacks on a PM who, if I read it right, was deliberately breaking his own Ministerial code where, as Geidt says 'deliberately breaching his own code is an affront. A deliberate breach, or even an intention to do so, would be to suspend the provisions of the code to suit a political end.'

That has to mean this administration, without any noticeable checks/outrage at its behaviour, sees itself as above the rule of law and willing to break any/all rulings they don't like, does it not? I know the ECHR has stopped (for now) the barbaric Rwanda deportations but ffs, where is this all going to end up?

Yes we are in a very dangerous place just now.  It has been evident for a while for those of us who choose to see.

It’s maybe a stretch to compare it to Germany in the 1920s and 1930s but some people saw that coming and were ignored.

Also, let’s not forget in the USA the people elected a black President then eight years later elected a populist, egotistical, right wing nut job who would have been happy to hold on to power through a coup.  He might be re-elected in two years.

Dangerous times indeed.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Everything he is doing is right out the Trump playbook.

Perhaps those opposing him should stop playing by the rules as well?

Starmer might get an FPN if that's what you mean.