The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Predictably they'll soon be claiming that part of this new military spending will mean ships being built in Scotland but only if we vote to remain a vassal state of England.

They have committed to the 8 in Glasgow and the 5 at Rosyth. There was mention of a new frigate class that in all probability is a follow on to the ones in Rosyth, which would leave them well placed to get those contracts.

The thing that gets me about that argument is that it'd be up to the private companies as to where they were allocating work for their bids. Would be extremely expensive to rip up those contracts and relocate facilities and staff south of the border half way through.

And what if there were no takers for spending the money placing the jobs down south? Then the rUK would have to accept at least majority production of it's naval fleet in another country, whether that was Scotland, Germany, the US or Korea

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Listened to the war nerd breakdown of the recent Azeri-Armenian war (cheers for the rec @NotThePars) and I'd imagine are brave boys will be getting  a bunch of these kamikaze drones for blasting buses full of conscripts to bits in the next forever war

Aye I found that discussion really interesting especially in how apparently the Armenians were just completely unprepared for the drone onslaught. I dunno if I said before but I wrote my dissertation on them and one of the big discussion points was what would happen when they proliferated and spread to more diverse actors. Israeli drones having such an effective demonstration here is gonna help them find even more buyers. Another big speculation was how would America's cavalier use of them impact future usage from other actors. The one they gave was Putin deploying them in the West to eliminate domestic critics in exile.

It's weird that the Armenians were so unprepared for it. Can only imagine from base speculation that they didn't expect such heavy outside involvement. There are multiple low-tech ways to combat drones, I remember reading about the Iranians bringing down a drone with some tech that costs like 30 quid off Amazon. 

The facial recognition drone was horrifying to listen about. Given how patchy facial recognition software is and given how loads of my mates insisted I looked like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, if he ever escapes from prison I will be on house arrest.

7 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Leaked report shows Priti Patel guilty of breaking ministerial code. Femysogony is apparently alright. Boris covering it up so nothing to see here

Hmm, article by Tory mouthpiece no 1 on beeb speculating that Johnson won't sack her.

This coming hot on the heels of regime change. No reason for this to come out now other than for the eton mess to sack her to show "strong leadership". 

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

f**k off with your defence shite.
Kids are starving and we are buying things that kill people.
Dont care if it creates jobs, create jobs in hospitals.

The armed forces have been ill equipped for years, constant cutbacks have left us with overstretched and outdated equipment. 

This is long overdue but probably won't be enough. 

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

The armed forces have been ill equipped for years, constant cutbacks have left us with overstretched and outdated equipment. 

This is long overdue but probably won't be enough. 

Who out of our likely enemies do you think we could take on in a battle, even if we doubled our defence budget? The last conflicts we got stupidly involved in led to us getting kicked unceremoniously out of Basra and Helmand, forcing the Americans to bail us out. I think we should adopt a more Irish posture, keep our heads down and offer peace keeping assistance to the UN. The days of the UK being a global power are over, it's time to stop pretending.

Edited by welshbairn

Prime Minister Robert Peston has announced that Patel won’t be sacked because she broke the ministerial code ‘unintentionally’.

Does absolutely nothing matter to these c***s?
Of course not. Bevan didn't consider them lower than vermin for nothing. It's a constant. Conservatives are, with very, very few exceptions, complete and utter scum.

58 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Hmm, article by Tory mouthpiece no 1 on beeb speculating that Johnson won't sack her.

This coming hot on the heels of regime change. No reason for this to come out now other than for the eton mess to sack her to show "strong leadership". 

No chance she's getting binned - she's a Johnson loyalist. 

Quite why she ended up in this position anyway after resigning before May fired her for having undisclosed meetings is another matter, but that takes us back to the first point. 

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

She admitted shouting and swearing, how does one shout and swear unintentionally emoji1781.png

By accident, of course!

20 minutes ago, Paco said:

Prime Minister Robert Peston has announced that Patel won’t be sacked because she broke the ministerial code ‘unintentionally’.

Does absolutely nothing matter to these c***s?

Patel really would pull the plug on a life support machine to charge her mobile phone and then send the deceased next of kin a bill for the electricity