The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

34 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Yip we have a "clarification " coming on Monday following a software suppliers meeting earlier today.

ETA....If it's the WTC temp uplift that's being replaced by a 500 one off payment my original point remains true though. The temp uplift was disregarded for HB and CTR purposes so it will be interesting to see the regs to see how this one off payment is to be treated. It's pretty unusual for "one off" payments to be disregarded as we saw recently with the Scottish NHS one off payment

No your original point was quite clearly that the Chancellor was "a devious little fucker" with a hidden agenda in relation to UC.  

The reality is that it is exactly what he announced in the HoC and you have jumped the gun with your baseless accusations.

I am sure if you want to lambast the government then there are plenty of genuine areas where this could be aimed rather than at one area where they are doing exactly what they said they would.

Personally I would have liked to have seen them make the £20 uplift permanent but I suppose that would be looking for some compassion from those that couldn't find the word in a dictionary.

In regards to the WTC which by definition is aimed at those that are working, then I think it is understandable that as things return to normal then temporary measures to help people deal with COVID are also rolled back.

10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He's tried to get the Tories to cover up the £200k bill that Carrie racked up decorating their flat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvvwU8MWEAIkpCm?format=jpg&name=medium

As fucking outrageous as that is, the fact the Mail are running it on their front page suggests to me that there is something far fucking worse that they aren't covering at all.

No your original point was quite clearly that the Chancellor was "a devious little fucker" with a hidden agenda in relation to UC.  
The reality is that it is exactly what he announced in the HoC and you have jumped the gun with your baseless accusations.
I am sure if you want to lambast the government then there are plenty of genuine areas where this could be aimed rather than at one area where they are doing exactly what they said they would.
Personally I would have liked to have seen them make the £20 uplift permanent but I suppose that would be looking for some compassion from those that couldn't find the word in a dictionary.
In regards to the WTC which by definition is aimed at those that are working, then I think it is understandable that as things return to normal then temporary measures to help people deal with COVID are also rolled back.
I thought my second post made it clear the original incorrect DWP circular lead to my original post. Apologies if it wasn't clear enough. My other point does still stand though, those on WTC are not getting the same level of support for the additional six months. Headline is 500 one off payment but that will be eaten into by the rise in Council Tax and Housing costs due to (it appears, will confirm Monday) the additional payment not being disregarded.

I reckon the Tories will double the offer to NHS staff in England.  2% is still derisory but they will claim that they’re listening and it will allow their supporters to buy into the bullshit.

It’s an old ploy.

No doubt the Tories' popularity in the polls will plummet, consider the millions of moist-eyed Facebookers who spent months highlighting how much they love the workers of 'are NHS'.

Alternatively, they're all a bunch of virtue signalling c***s who couldn't give a f**k what health professionals are earning, so long as it doesn't cost them a penny more in tax.

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
I reckon the Tories will double the offer to NHS staff in England.  2% is still derisory but they will claim that they’re listening and it will allow their supporters to buy into the bullshit.
It’s an old ploy.

Is 2% what the Scottish Government are offering?

I thought that there is a uk wide collective bargaining basis to this and any divergence means money has to be found from other budgets.

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

We have separate bargaining rights.

Here is a part of committee received by members today.   Bottom bit is first part, sorry my uploading was back to front

Screenshot_20210306-210117_Outlook.thumb.jpg.3774efaf4b6e30d1ae57bf158d162358.jpgScreenshot_20210306-210101_Outlook.thumb.jpg.75218e0bce6ee47f825ba30ae04b036f.jpg

Aye but where does the 1% come from?

Is it part of the block grant?

If so, where does any uplift come from?

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The SG decided to announce a,1pct lift backdated to December as a thankyou to staff for their efforts in the pandemic.

This is due to not being in a position to negotiate the new multi year pay deal until late in the summer.  Nhs rises are traditionally in April.

Anyhow the unions are furious as this is not what was agreed with them and STAC which is the partnership group with unions and government hadn't agreed on any pay announcements, negotiations, figures etc.

Didn't that also come with a £500 cash bonus?

52 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Pathetic, that should have been tax free.

Is it not the case that Scottish government's devolved income tax powers doesn't allow it to exempt income tax on the bonus, only Westminster could?

Still crap, though.