The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Rishi getting a swipe at Boris while also repeating the Saville smear against Keir, two birds one stone - nice work!

Sunak: 'I wouldn't have said' PM's false Jimmy Savile smear

Sunak is asked to respond to the breaking news we have brought you this afternoon about Boris Johnson’s policy chief Munira Mirza resigning over the prime minister’s attempt to smear Keir Starmer in the House of Commons.

Johnson made a false accusation that Starmer had failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile during his time running the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

“With regard to the comments, being honest, I wouldn’t have said it and I’m glad that the prime minister clarified what he meant,” Sunak says.

He also paid tribute to Mirza and said he will miss working with her.

Edited by btb

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Johnson’s former adviser Dominic Cummings claimed Mirza’s departure was, “an unmistakeable signal the bunker is collapsing and this PM is finished”. He urged ministers to show a similar “flicker of moral courage,” and resign."

Couldn't mark his neck with a blowtorch.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

This, more than partygate, might be what kills the Tories this year. Huge hike in energy bills, followed by a loan that doesn't even touch the sides and has to be repaid. 

I think Partygate has absolutely fucked the Tories and they won't win the next election now, whatever happens. I think the real question is whether Labout get a majority or not. Tories might have had a chance if people had more money in their pocket at election time in 2024, but that's obviously not going to happen.

59 minutes ago, btb said:

Rishi getting a swipe at Boris while also repeating the Saville smear against Keir, two birds one stone - nice work!

Sunak has mastered the art of appearing honest and direct without answering a single question.

10 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I think Partygate has absolutely fucked the Tories and they won't win the next election now, whatever happens. I think the real question is whether Labout get a majority or not. Tories might have had a chance if people had more money in their pocket at election time in 2024, but that's obviously not going to happen.

I disagree about Partygate, it'll be forgotten about soon enough, who really cares if they had a few glasses of wine in the garden of No 10? Cummings got away with Barnard Castle after all. It will be the lies Johnson told about it and the fact that nobody wants to take over from him while the economy is plunging into bedlam with the combined consequences of Brexit and Covid that will f**k them.

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sunak has mastered the art of appearing honest and direct without answering a single question.

Sunak is arguable much much more dangerous than Johnson. Multiple times smarter, but much more polished. He, however is as Tory as it comes. Folk thinking he is some sort of Mr nice guy and even a bit alof have fallen for a cleverly (and expensively) created persona. 

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

Sunak is arguable much much more dangerous than Johnson. Multiple times smarter, but much more polished. He, however is as Tory as it comes. Folk thinking he is some sort of Mr nice guy and even a bit alof have fallen for a cleverly (and expensively) created persona. 

Sunak is a rabid Thatcherite.  Nothing more needs said.

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I'm sure Sunak the hedgefunder is the reason for all the party leaks, and against Truss. His backers on the right want a true believer in charge, the buffoon was just to get them through Brexit and Truss clearly isn't up to the job.

Edited by welshbairn

If you were following the enquiry into historic child abuse by the Scots Professor lady it’s quite apparent that the police and local authority agencies were turning a blind eye to the systematic abuse of young white girls by Pakistani/Asian men in the northern and midland towns of England. Surely that’s a case where central government needs to intervene and force the police and local agencies to take these matters seriously. It turns out that the police were not even recording the ethnicity of the perpetrators. The enquiry has been quite scathing on these matters.
Spaffing it against a wall looking into that sort of historic sex crimes according to your glorious leader.

This, more than partygate, might be what kills the Tories this year. Huge hike in energy bills, followed by a loan that doesn't even touch the sides and has to be repaid. 

I certainly hope so. Today has left me absolutely raging, that tonight, I've written to my MP for the first time ever.

The price cap rising is in itself absolutely ridiculous, but the enforcement of a loan on all of us is beyond a joke. The sum total of the help from the UK Government is to put us all into more debt.

And I'm probably as middle class as it gets circumstance wise. For the most vulnerable in society, it is going to cripple them to the point of destitution and death due to abject poverty.

All the parties angered me but this has hit home even more just what a shower of c***s this UK Government is and left me absolutely in heads gone territory.

4 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

According the the headline at the DM, 2 of them were axed as part of a Partygate purge by Johnson, as he cleans the house up!

Might be partly true, worried about pictures of them photocopying their arses while swigging pints of Prosecco coming out, and wanting it to look like they're resigning out of principle.