The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

A Yougov poll seems to suggest while a lot of people are against it, the Tories are all for it. I guess that's all they want.

image.png.1a87c6e84099f7596622f83d6ff201e4.png

image.png.d873fa15439778a2325d943b37e6a894.png

Whilst FPTP exists for Westminster elections then this level of support for such a controversial policy is all that is required.

47 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's still a safe haven, imo.

A lot of posters on this part of the board do nothing but castigate and run down the UK, justified in some/many instances, but then in the next breath admit that it's not as bad as a lot of other places.

In order to get to France they will have had to pass through Italy/Spain if coming from Africa (maybe even through Greece and then westwards, or if coming from the Middle East through Turkey, Greece, The Balkans, Czech Republic/Austria, Germany, Belgium/Luxembourg/The Netherlands.

Are all these places less welcoming than the UK?

A lot of people trying to reach the UK have got family or friends already in the UK.

Just watching Newsnight from last night. The Tory they had on to justify this decision was talking about stopping smugglers and you could just tell he barely believed the words he was saying. 

He was talking about smugglers thinking twice when their customers don't have the outcome they desire. Acting like the smugglers are going to be review bombed on trip advisor or something. These smugglers don't care one bit if the people make it over or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they just increased their prices. 

"For an extra £500 we can sneak you in properly, the other guys they go to Rwanda but if you pay me more I can guarantee you arrive"

57 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

In order to get to France they will have had to pass through Italy/Spain if coming from Africa (maybe even through Greece and then westwards, or if coming from the Middle East through Turkey, Greece, The Balkans, Czech Republic/Austria, Germany, Belgium/Luxembourg/The Netherlands.
Are all these places less welcoming than the UK?

All these countries do take in refugees, probably a higher percentage than the UK.

Also, many of the refugees making their way to the UK have already a reason to try to get there, family (remember you can't claim for status unless you are IN the UK).   Hearing that many can speak English as a second language, another reason they would try to get here rather than France etc.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The accident of UK geography, being further north west and with a moat doesn't remove our responsibility to provide asylum or participate in solving the global refugee crisis. 

I know you're not making it, but this is a fucking shit argument. 

If Iceland ever starts sinking into the sea, obviously we'll be taking in all 300,000 refugees as the closest port of call in Europe  <_<

This is all pure racist NIMBY shit designed to distract from where all the money's going, and it'll work marvellously.

12 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

In the light of the most Tory of Tory plans so far this week, have the cruel, heartless b*****ds decided which of their pals have got the contract for human removal to Rwanda?

I honestly think this is just a distraction exercise, and the whole thing will be quietly shelved as soon as they can get away with it. I mean, it seems to have grown arms and legs for something that HO officials were completely oblivious to just last week. Stick Priti Patel on a plane to Rwanda and suddenly the thing has credibility? Nah. As much as the Tories are thoroughly inhumane c***s, I think this is nothing more than a 'don't look at that, look at this!' dead cat.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

I honestly think this is just a distraction exercise, and the whole thing will be quietly shelved as soon as they can get away with it. I mean, it seems to have grown arms and legs for something that HO officials were completely oblivious to just last week. Stick Priti Patel on a plane to Rwanda and suddenly the thing has credibility? Nah. As much as the Tories are thoroughly inhumane c***s, I think this is nothing more than a 'don't look at that, look at this!' dead cat.

I think you're underestimating how popular this will be with their voter base.

This could be the difference between a win and a majority at the next election.

Just now, BFTD said:

I think you're underestimating how popular this will be with their voter base.

This could be the difference between a win and a majority at the next election.

No, I recognise that Tories are getting erect at the thought, but they've been fed a pile of shite by their heroes before, and they don't seem to be able to see it for what it is, and nor does it stop them voting Cuntservative either.

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

No, I recognise that Tories are getting erect at the thought, but they've been fed a pile of shite by their heroes before, and they don't seem to be able to see it for what it is, and nor does it stop them voting Cuntservative either.

Wonder if we'll see a wee snap election next year, once this has kicked in and Rishi brings in his paltry income tax bribe.

22 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

honestly think this is just a distraction exercise, and the whole thing will be quietly shelved as soon as they can get away with it. 

If it does get shelved I'd imagine it would be because of behind the scenes 'discussions' with the legal fraternity as to the legality of this move. I doubt the £50 fine even figures in their current thinking. Patel, Johnson and many others in Toryland are probably at a loss to understand the rammy caused by what they'll see as a perfectly sensible solution to the 'problem'.

Yip. If they pushed this it would inevitably result in no end of legal challenges, and as much as the government are a load of contemptuous twats with no integrity, I don't believe even they would want to stomach the humiliation of a Government policy being struck because of illegality. The optics of it aren't good when you consider that the looniest of right-wingers in the voting public will have considered it a pledge and a promise, and if BJ starts to lose the swivel-eyed lot, then he's toast. No doubt the seethe would just be directed at the 'loony left' law courts, rather than asking themselves why they have elected a government that is so incompetent they can't even legislate.

It's self-evident the government are coming up with this shit on the fly considering how nonplussed the HO is and even their own junior ministers, so I highly doubt this has been run past the Attorney General and given the legal green light.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

A lot of people trying to reach the UK have got family or friends already in the UK.

They know this,

I’ve mentioned it on here before, they’re not interested in good faith arguments 

When I hear them talk I’m always reminded of this quote from Jean-Paul Sartine 

They know they’re talking nonsense.

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies.

They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play.

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors.

They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert.

If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.“