The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

5 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I wouldn't bet on that!!!

He seems to have a type and it isn't older working-class women, from whom he probably believes he might catch poverty.

She might have had a chance if she wasn't originally a Scouser, and everyone knows what he thinks of them.

On 13/07/2023 at 11:45, Salt n Vinegar said:

Just heard on LBC that the reason why BoJo's phone hasn't been handed over to the COVID inquiry is that he can't remember the pass code.

"Aye, right."

Stolen from someone else.

He is struggling with the facial recognition feature, as he can't remember which face he used to set it up.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Stolen from someone else.

He is struggling with the facial recognition feature, as he can't remember which face he used to set it up.

James O'Brien originally had an alternative theory, which was that BoJo opened the phone with his fingerprints but that he has no idea where he has left his fingers.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

Please tell me we are not in a place where this catastrophic mugwump will get away with this because he is pretending to not remember a PIN, at least have the decency to "accidentally" throw it off a boat.

I understand that the police can serve a notice on an accused requiring them to provide a password to access equipment and that if the accused won't or can't, that in itself is a separate offence punishable by jail time. Particularly helpful in child abuse and drugs cases, apparently.  

I don't know if the COVID inquiry has such powers (please, oh please) but can you imagine the tears, outrage and snotters from the right wing media if it did. Joyous scenes from others but the seethe from the BoJo fan club would be a wonder to behold.

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

James O'Brien originally had an alternative theory, which was that BoJo opened the phone with his fingerprints but that he has no idea where he has left his fingers.

Maybe Nadine can help with that…

12 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I understand that the police can serve a notice on an accused requiring them to provide a password to access equipment and that if the accused won't or can't, that in itself is a separate offence punishable by jail time. Particularly helpful in child abuse and drugs cases, apparently.  

I don't know if the COVID inquiry has such powers (please, oh please) but can you imagine the tears, outrage and snotters from the right wing media if it did. Joyous scenes from others but the seethe from the BoJo fan club would be a wonder to behold.

6 months for drugs, upto 5 years for child abuse and national security...

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

I mean, she's not wrong about Sunak and the government tbf. 

No one can say Sunak hasn’t done anything, he’s managed to line his own pockets via his wife’s childcare.  That’s not nothing.  And there’s more on the way.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/aug/26/rishi-sunak-faces-fresh-conflict-of-interest-row-over-india-trade-talks

Edited by Granny Danger

9 hours ago, orfc said:

Apparently she waited till her daughter had secured a new job, as she was employed as her assistant (both daughters have worked for her in the past)

https://members.parliament.uk/member/1481/registeredinterests.

£480 for writing a column for the Daily Depress, which took her an hour?

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

MPs and MSPs being able to employ family utilising public funds is a total grift and should be banned.

It was banned for new hires in 2017 (at Westminster anyway) so should become less of an issue.