Partick Thistle vs Ayr United

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully. we will be back to our best after an indifferent performance against QoS.

We looked great away to Livvy and Dundee and at home to Morton. It will be interesting to see if Jordan Houston starts at Right back.

I would stick with the team that beat QoS if Jamie is fit. The Moff has been outstanding so far so I would keep Doolan on the bench to begin with.

Looking for big performances from Forrest and McCowen who was poor last week but he is a big player for us. I would imagine McGuffie and Doolan will both get game time.

7 minutes ago, Stan Quinn said:

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully. we will be back to our best after an indifferent performance against QoS.

We looked great away to Livvy and Dundee and at home to Morton. It will be interesting to see if Jordan Houston starts at Right back.

I would stick with the team that beat QoS if Jamie is fit. The Moff has been outstanding so far so I would keep Doolan on the bench to begin with.

Looking for big performances from Forrest and McCowen who was poor last week but he is a big player for us. I would imagine McGuffie and Doolan will both get game time.

He was very poor on Saturday and I can't actually recall him touching the ball, prior to that he had been excellent right enough.  Forrest was the only forward who got pass marks from me and that was more due to his performance in the final 20 mins.

Like you though, I'd probably stick with Moffat, Forrest and McCowan from the start and see how we're doing.

Can see McCall changing things up a bit this week, Moff, McCowan and Murdoch didn't have the best of games last week, Doolan will be gagging to show Caldwell he is not done and looks like he's wanting that late runner into the box that neither Doc or Murdoch are, hoping the big farmers fit if not Bell would playIMG_20190830_170738.jpeg

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We likely to sign someone between now and 3 o’clock tomorrow?

Not sign , but a new player on loan from a Premier league club as named above , will he start ? Answer IMO is no 

Edited by Robbo63

27 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Can see McCall changing things up a bit this week, Moff, McCowan and Murdoch didn't have the best of games last week, Doolan will be gagging to show Caldwell he is not done and looks like he's wanting that late runner into the box that neither Doc or Murdoch are, hoping the big farmers fit if not Bell would playIMG_20190830_170738.jpeg

4 of that team will not start tomorrow IMO , those being McGuffie, Doolan, Muirhead and Houston 

8 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

14/5 Doolan anytime scorer according to oddschecker... if he starts im tempted by that tbh

If he starts (don't think he will) i'll 100% be backing him to score first / anytime, based simply on the circumstances of the game rather than anything else.  Reckon it will be same team as last game tbh.  We weren't good but it was a 1-0 win and don't see any obvious changes unless its a total formation change. 

The Morton result looks even worse after last night. We *have* to win this afternoon. And I don't mean that to be disparaging to Ayr; our support simply won't settle for anything else.

As a neutral observer, I hope Partick get something from the game today.
Nah surely the bigger story would be a top of the table clash against your bogey team of last season, can you banish those demons after taking two of our best players or has McCall still got Neilsons number and will Jamie Adams have Shankland in his back pocket who knows, obviously we need a result today before any of this becomes an issue.

The Morton result looks even worse after last night. We *have* to win this afternoon. And I don't mean that to be disparaging to Ayr; our support simply won't settle for anything else.

Yeah I’d say Caldwell will be under huge pressure if we win this afternoon.

I don’t necessarily think him getting sacked is great news for us if the board plan on bringing McCall back in.