The Big Relegation Thread

10 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Saints’ away form has been what’s kept them ticking this season and they travel to a flat-looking Livi so I’d expect them to pick up points Saturday.

I didn't think Livi were that bad between the two boxes on Saturday.  The problem was their defence had a shocker and we played straight through them a dozen times in the first half hour.  And Guthrie in particular was a waste of a shirt up front.

They've changed from there usual back 4 to 3 at the back in the last two games and conceded 6 first half goals.  I'd bet my bottom dollar they go back to a back 4 and bring Anderson back in for the rotten Guthrie.

I'm enjoying this race for the Bottom Six between Hibs and Livi. Both are just focusing week to week, losing each game as it comes, not getting ahead of themselves. Impressive how they've both gone from being stuck in the Top Six for most of the season to now having the Bottom Six well within their grasps. Probably both have left it too late for a relegation push, though.

35 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I'm enjoying this race for the Bottom Six between Hibs and Livi. Both are just focusing week to week, losing each game as it comes, not getting ahead of themselves. Impressive how they've both gone from being stuck in the Top Six for most of the season to now having the Bottom Six well within their grasps. Probably both have left it too late for a relegation push, though.

Motherwell's last game being at Parkhead is unfortunate for them. A kinder final fixture could have seen them make a dramatic late push for 6th if Livi and Hibs keep losing.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Motherwell's last game being at Parkhead is unfortunate for them. A kinder final fixture could have seen them make a dramatic late push for 6th if Livi and Hibs keep losing.

Stuart Kettlewell's Motherwell are certainly a better side than Livi, as they just showed. Hibs are very good when they're good but have these slump periods like they're in just now. So, aye, Motherwell could definitely have done it with any other fixture but away to Celtic probably fucks it. 

3 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Stuart Kettlewell's Motherwell are certainly a better side than Livi, as they just showed. Hibs are very good when they're good but have these slump periods like they're in just now. So, aye, Motherwell could definitely have done it with any other fixture but away to Celtic probably fucks it. 

Challenge accepted 

Lets be honest, everyone want the bigger teams to go down and the smaller teams to come up. That way next season should be a bit easier. 

So Ross county and St Johnstone to go down, Morton and Dundee to come up. Two big teams replaced by two diddies 

The form guide from the turn of the year.

Celtic - 34 pts

Rangers - 31 pts

Aberdeen - 22 pts

St Mirren - 19 pts

Motherwell - 18 pts

Hearts - 17 pts

Hibs - 17 pts

Livingston - 15 pts

Ross County - 12 pts

Dundee Utd - 9 pts

Kilmarnock - 9 pts

St. Johnstone - 8 pts

That suggests while St Johnstone are the worst team in the league right now they have enough of a gap to cling on to Premiership survival.  Also suggests Ross County are performing a wee bit better than the other candidates.

Looks like it's between Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd to decide who gets automatic relegation or a play off.  Kilmarnock have the tougher fixtures before the league splits.

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The form guide from the turn of the year.

Celtic - 34 pts

Rangers - 31 pts

Aberdeen - 22 pts

St Mirren - 19 pts

Motherwell - 18 pts

Hearts - 17 pts

Hibs - 17 pts

Livingston - 15 pts

Ross County - 12 pts

Dundee Utd - 9 pts

Kilmarnock - 9 pts

St. Johnstone - 8 pts

That suggests while St Johnstone are the worst team in the league right now they have enough of a gap to cling on to Premiership survival.  Also suggests Ross County are performing a wee bit better than the other candidates.

Looks like it's between Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd to decide who gets automatic relegation or a play off.  Kilmarnock have the tougher fixtures before the league splits.

Worth remembering our points tally includes 2pts gained from Uniteds goalkeeper allowing us a tap in, and 1pt from VAR missing Considine literally punching a ball away in our own box.

The luck we've had this season is massively in our favour and that worm is due to turn too.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering our points tally includes 2pts gained from Uniteds goalkeeper allowing us a tap in

Everyone's had 2pts gained from Uniteds goalkeeper this season.

Probably evens out.  

13 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Everyone's had 2pts gained from Uniteds goalkeeper this season.

Probably evens out.  

Yes and no. This was the only reason we beat Liam Foxs United side, at a time when our squad had confidence.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That Kieran Maguire who does football finances predicted around £7m/8m, due to the amount of land etc., youre getting alongside a club with a £5m turnover last season and over £3m in the bank.

Quite simply its too much for anyone to buy unless you plan to asset strip and get your money back.

Turnover was over 7.5M with 4M in the bank. You then have all the land at Mcdiarmid as well as some property to factor in. Geoff says any profit from the sale will go into the foundation as well. Any potential new owners will be vetted, it won't just be sold to some rich twat to asset strip, unless Geoff dies and Wee Broon has to deal with it, then anything could happen. 

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

unless Geoff dies and Wee Broon has to deal with it, then anything could happen. 

This is my fear.

The sale rumbles on for years then Steve Brown gets free reign to just get rid of it.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes and no. This was the only reason we beat Liam Foxs United side, at a time when our squad had confidence.

Somehow I had missed this.  It’s the fact that he still has time to clear it once he realised he’s in a spot of bother that makes that so bad.  

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Folk saying we're nothing like Fenlons Hibs are just saying that because theyre used to Tommy Wrights St Johnstone, not because of whats actually happening.

It was Butcher’s Hibs. Fenlon is a lovely man.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It was Butcher’s Hibs. Fenlon is a lovely man.

All i remember from that era is seeing "FenLOL" all over this site, tbh, so i guess I just automatically link him to your relegation. 

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I still think United are favourites, but yesterday's win could be a turning point. We're still within striking distance 

That would be lovely but I still saw enough yesterday, particularly in defence, that leads me to belive losing all remaining games is achievable.

On 10/04/2023 at 01:56, RandomGuy. said:

Whats it being looked at as then?

Hobby. Fun project.

If you have tens of millions of dollars and have always wanted to own your sports team, this is an opportunity, because there aren't any other better options here that would be anywhere close enough price-wise.

The owners aren't going to be giving up the businesses that made them their fortunes, and anyone with common sense knows you aren't going to make a ton of cash owning SJ.