The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

I beg to differ. 

Nobody wants the Fermers mate.

I hate crowd wanking but I'd  imagine most clubs would want our away support a couple times a season, for what that is worth.

Last week I thought we were doomed, looking at the table and fixtures now, I feel a bit more confident. Kinda mental and shows how shite everyone else is that we can jump St Johnstone next week if we win. Long way to go though 

7 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

I hate crowd wanking but I'd  imagine most clubs would want our away support a couple times a season, for what that is worth.

Last week I thought we were doomed, looking at the table and fixtures now, I feel a bit more confident. Kinda mental and shows how shite everyone else is that we can jump St Johnstone next week if we win. Long way to go though 

Killie are probably the most welcome away support in Paisley this season and most. 

In an ideal world- The Fermers doon, Utd doon, Ayr or Thistle up.

All the very best next week. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20230513_185002_Chrome.thumb.jpg.58544552ed9bf0a53472d2c1022b119b.jpg

County looked a bit doomed not that long ago, but a huge win today blows everything wide open.

Screenshot_20230513_185019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.903c83b37f823cdf6d977be20874e25b.jpg

Almost definitely going to the final day now.

You've got one of these to use for your final game,  US Supreme Court Shockingly Gives Hillary Clinton “Get Out Of Jail Free ... a home game against Livi.

Well we're now mathematically safe, somehow :D You'd think of the last three games, if someone loses to us they deserve to be relegated. Motherwell included via a points deduction if we somehow win that one 

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You've got one of these to use for your final game,  US Supreme Court Shockingly Gives Hillary Clinton “Get Out Of Jail Free ... a home game against Livi.

Livi in the first half hour of that game yesterday were really not living down to some of the prematch rhetoric from you guys. Although from about 35 minutes on they seemed to fade badly.

You look worryingly like us on the road now, one or two moments of adversity and there's no visible belief. Hope it picks up again next season.

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Well we're now mathematically safe, somehow :D You'd think of the last three games, if someone loses to us they deserve to be relegated. Motherwell included via a points deduction if we somehow win that one 

Do you think there is anything to worry about going into next season or is it just a case of tools were downed when top 6 was missed and most of the squad will be gone in the summer?

I think it's normal form if you've been an actual part of the relegation battle and escape - you can lounge about the thread until the end of the season making magnanimous sounding comments that actually contain snide digs at the team in question.

Unrelated to the above, United look like a decent team going forward to me, but I *really* worry about the fact their defence has actually regressed further under Goodwin (who has no track record in a relegation fight lets not forget).

47 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Livi in the first half hour of that game yesterday were really not living down to some of the prematch rhetoric from you guys. Although from about 35 minutes on they seemed to fade badly.

You look worryingly like us on the road now, one or two moments of adversity and there's no visible belief. Hope it picks up again next season.

Yeah i said in one of my posts we start off ok, but then concede a goal and it all goes downhill from there, been the same for weeks. We can't score, and we can't keep clean sheets, if we want to change our away results we have to at least score a goal when we start off on the front foot, that'll at least give the players a lift and something to build on, just isn't happening for us in these away games though. We'll see if it's spread to our home games next week.

20 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think it's normal form if you've been an actual part of the relegation battle and escape - you can lounge about the thread until the end of the season making magnanimous sounding comments that actually contain snide digs at the team in question.

Unrelated to the above, United look like a decent team going forward to me, but I *really* worry about the fact their defence has actually regressed further under Goodwin (who has no track record in a relegation fight lets not forget).

I wouldn't worry about that. Aberdeen fans may be able to remind me of the exact wording but what was it Goodwin said about a defence? That it was the easiest thing to fix?

I'm sure they'll be fine...

53 minutes ago, GAD said:

Do you think there is anything to worry about going into next season or is it just a case of tools were downed when top 6 was missed and most of the squad will be gone in the summer?

It was tools down a few games before top 6 was missed, when we were sitting 4th it looked harder not to get into the top 6 than to achieve it, no goals in 7 away games is a worrying trend too. Have no idea if this carries on into next season, we'll have a few new players coming in, but you do worry if it is something deeper than just changing the squad a bit. I'll be a bit more upbeat if our home form is still ok and we can actually score some goals.

Martindale doing his best Calimero impersonation, doing interviews with a wee sad face telling us our playing budget will have to be cut next season, banging on about how much he'd love crowds the size of opposition clubs, and how Championship players haven't got back in touch when he showed interest in signing them, doesn't inspire confidence either.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

For the neutral it must be the most entertaining relegation battle for a while.  It changes by the week.

10 games ago Motherwell looked done.

Then Utd looked done until Goodwin got three wins in a row and they looked to be on their way out of it. Two weeks later they’re bottom. County looked a hopeless cause two weeks ago, back to back victories and they look like they could easily overtake Saints.

As for us, our form looked like we were guaranteed to slide down into the bottom two, we get a draw and a win and are within a result of safety. We mess up badly yesterday and with two away games against relegation rivals next, we could go into the last game 11th or 12th.

Biggest issue for is whos going to score. 

Since the end of February we've had a May overhead kick that any competent keeper saves, a Gordon sclaff after a long throw, and Wright scoring from 25 yards.

Even setting up more attacking isnt helping as the players are just shit in front of goal.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I wouldn't worry about that. Aberdeen fans may be able to remind me of the exact wording but what was it Goodwin said about a defence? That it was the easiest thing to fix?

I'm sure they'll be fine...

https://redtv.afc.co.uk/video/6767

around 2:10 here, at fir park no less. 

How many clubs down south are sniffing around Jim this week? 

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Don't think it's regressed it's just always been terrible.

1 clean sheet in the last 16 league matches can't all be put on Goodwin.

Hard to see Dundee Utd not finishing in the bottom 2 now.

I'd go as far as to say if Kilmarnock beat St Johnstone next week they won't finish in the bottom 2, while St Johnstone travel away to Ross County the week after.  

St Johnstone have only scored 3 goals in their last 8 matches and every other team in that area is in the 9/10 goals region.  That can't be good for your survival prospects.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

9 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Don't think it's regressed it's just always been terrible.

1 clean sheet in the last 16 league matches can't all be put on Goodwin.

Hard to see Dundee Utd not finishing in the bottom 2 now.

I'd go as far as to say if Kilmarnock beat St Johnstone next week they won't finish in the bottom 2, while St Johnstone travel away to Ross County the week after.  

St Johnstone have only scored 3 goals in their last 8 matches and every other team in that area is in the 9/10 goals region.  That can't be good for your survival prospects.

We're almost definitely getting beat by a Jordan White goal v County, as i can already picture his dad coming on here to laugh at people who said our £100k bid for him was stupid.

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Hope it picks up again next season.

I don’t. If we are still in the league then Livingston, along with a few others, I would love to see lose 90%+ of their games. The more teams that struggle then hopefully the safer we will be (if we survive).