The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

You can spin it either way. The Championship team has just won at least one play-off match and is going into the final with momentum and on a bit of a high. The Premiership side are likely shiting themselves and have spent the season getting pumped.

Thistle certainly seemed to be riding the momentum wave last year in the play offs. They were 18-3 up in all the play off games until 20 mins to go in Dingwall. Inexplicable that they never made it through. The bottom 6 in the SPL look poor too me would expect this seasons final to go to the wire again.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Nobody at St Johnstone FC has said they're confident they are safe. A few fans on here think they won't take bottom spot. Saints have arguably the hardest next 6 games out of the bottom half sides. It's anyone's guess who'll finish in the play off spot, it could be anyone from Killie down to County. 

And to say a bad mistake was the difference is bollocks. Kimpioka still had to beat a defender and the keeper, which he did and in some style I may add 

Killie are already on 33 points and are 14 clear of County in 11th. I reckon we would more or less have to lose all of our remaining 14 matches to finish in the bottom two. I can be a pessimist at times, but I do not think there is any chance whatsoever we will be going into the play-offs.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Killie are already on 33 points and are 14 clear of County in 11th. I reckon we would more or less have to lose all of our remaining 14 matches to finish in the bottom two. I can be a pessimist at times, but I do not think there is any chance whatsoever we will be going into the play-offs.

Theres no chance.

Its from Dundee down IMO, nobody above that will be anywhere near the bottom. 

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I should've worded that everyone below Killie. I've no doubts you will be nowhere near 11th.

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

@RandomGuy. is trying really, really hard to say Dundee can get into a relegation scrap.

After spending the vast majority of the season saying they'll be nowhere near it.

Im saying you arent out of it, not that i think youll be finishing 11th.

I said on a previous page that of all the teams still infolved, you look the most likely to be safe.

You need ~10pts to be considered completely safe mathematically, IMO.

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

@RandomGuy. is trying really, really hard to say Dundee can get into a relegation scrap.

After spending the vast majority of the season saying they'll be nowhere near it.

I suppose if Saints are in the scrap, then so are Dundee. Only 2 points apart. I'd go with the view that as it stands, Dundee down are currently at risk of 11th, but probably 3 wins for any team, coupled with County not picking up much and they are safe.

The curveball is if/when County get rid of Adams. 

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Form table is hilarious reading right now. The bottom seven clubs have amassed four wins between them in the last five fixture rounds.

200w.gif ?cid=82a1493bdsdn1b8abmsp45eslk0qefkij6gwflxbl8ghxfmm&ep=v1_gifs_related&rid=200w. gif&ct=g

image.thumb.png.ba97a3f8292bf9d29cc8038a743afff7.png

Entire bottom half of the table is much of a muchness gash this year, moreso than I can remember for a long time

Screenshot_20240208_063329_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1bb6dd7318f3a95f76dd1a53d660c712.jpg

Motherwell the big winners, nothing else really changes apart from another game ticking by.

Screenshot_20240208_063403_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cdcda0b5b92ec035facc4a438c3e8956.jpg

Dundee v St Johnstone on Sunday the only weekend fixture.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20240208_063329_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1bb6dd7318f3a95f76dd1a53d660c712.jpg

Motherwell the big winners, nothing else really changes apart from another game ticking by.

Screenshot_20240208_063403_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cdcda0b5b92ec035facc4a438c3e8956.jpg

Dundee v St Johnstone on Sunday the only weekend fixture.

It’s a pretty ridiculous situation that the team in tenth could jump to sixth with one win this far into the season.

27 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The lowest points total a team has made the top six with after 33 games has been 40 points. That's surely under threat this season.

If any team in that group can put together 3 wins in the next six games they’ll probably claim the place.

Weve got a fairly bogging run of fixtures coming up, so for us it would probably require a win against Dundee this weekend, Livi at home at the end of the month and a surprise win at either St Mirren/Aberdeen or something against one half of the OF. That seems unlikely right now. Focus is very much on keeping a gap ahead of County for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If any team in that group can put together 3 wins in the next six games they’ll probably claim the place.

Weve got a fairly bogging run of fixtures coming up, so for us it would probably require a win against Dundee this weekend, Livi at home at the end of the month and a surprise win at either St Mirren/Aberdeen or something against one half of the OF. That seems unlikely right now. Focus is very much on keeping a gap ahead of County for the foreseeable future.

Correct.  Tenth place should be the aim for Saints.  No way will we get top six.  Stay above 11th and then build for next season.