Traits That Make You Wary

That Weegie one definitely grinds my gears, as it did on the radio earlier today.  There's a reason that despite a swathe of Scottish news reporters / commentators being present outside of Scotland, all of them are from the East Coast or north of Scotland.  In contrast, anyone with a Weegie accent gets put into quarantine at Pacific Quay.  Storm Huntley, who is the exception, will be out the studio door with a one-way ticket to Bishopbriggs at the first sign of a wrinkle.  Anyway...

Oven:  Awe-ven vs Uvvin

correct answer

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

If you can’t get involved in a right hearty BOOO then I don’t see the point in going tbqhwy

BOOOOOOO is just simply a ridiculous noise to make and should be acceptable only at the Christmas panto.

At the fitba your displeasure should be expressed using proper words. eg when the half time whistle blew a few weeks ago and we were 4 nil down to Celtic I told my team loudly that they were f@ckin pish , f@ckin shite and f@ckin pathetic.

When it’s the ref that’s the target , my preference is to shout that he’s a f@ckin cheat

Shouting “BOOOOOOOOOOO” at a fitba match.  
Going radge at a fitba match when one team voluntarily gives possession back to the opponents , after the ball’s been booted out so that an apparently injured player can get treatment.  Additional wariness if the lad’s going radge at one of his team’s players for giving the ball back to the other team.
Similar to the giving back possession (and more a calling card of morons tbh) but when Team A have the ball and a player down but continue to play on then lose possession and the fans start having a go at Team B for not kicking the ball out.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

That Weegie one definitely grinds my gears, as it did on the radio earlier today.  There's a reason that despite a swathe of Scottish news reporters / commentators being present outside of Scotland, all of them are from the East Coast or north of Scotland.  In contrast, anyone with a Weegie accent gets put into quarantine at Pacific Quay.  Storm Huntley, who is the exception, will be out the studio door with a one-way ticket to Bishopbriggs at the first sign of a wrinkle.  Anyway...

correct answer

Who the f*** says Awe-ven?

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

correct answer

I raise you a work colleague: Oh-ven.

She also calls a vase a v-awe-z (rhymes with paws).

Thats the Northern Irish for you though.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I raise you a work colleague: Oh-ven.

She also calls a vase a v-awe-z (rhymes with paws).

Thats the Northern Irish for you though.

My wife most certainly does not call it an oh-ven. Although she does say vawse.

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

My mum pronounces breakfast as brakefast which always sounds ridiculous, despite it probably being correct as it is the breaking of a fast.

Her mum was from Aberdeen, which probably explains matters...

Cumbernauld ovvin lady also says this.

They call it Ready Brek for good reason.

Weegies can't pronounce sausage properly. It should be "sossidge" although "sassidge" is also perfectly acceptable for folk from the north-east.

The weegie pronunciation is something like " sawaseej".  And to think  the f@ckin p***ks get worked up about whether it's square or not. Canna even say the main word properly.

BOOOOOOO is just simply a ridiculous noise to make and should be acceptable only at the Christmas panto.
At the fitba your displeasure should be expressed using proper words. eg when the half time whistle blew a few weeks ago and we were 4 nil down to Celtic I told my team loudly that they were f@ckin pish , f@ckin shite and f@ckin pathetic.
When it’s the ref that’s the target , my preference is to shout that he’s a f@ckin cheat

BOOOO

Weegies can't pronounce sausage properly. It should be "sossidge" although "sassidge" is also perfectly acceptable for folk from the north-east.
The weegie pronunciation is something like " sawaseej".  And to think  the f@ckin p***ks get worked up about whether it's square or not. Canna even say the main word properly.

This is utter nonsense.

47 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Only the educated ones. The lower classes rhyme it with "high".

Is NI actually divided along socio-economic lines in addition to religious ones in terms of accent? 

What a fucking place to belong to... 😞