Traits That Make You Wary

22 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There's 18 years between my oldest stepchild and my youngest one. There's 24 years between the oldest grandchild and the youngest. The oldest grandchild is closer in age to 4 of her aunts than her youngest cousin.

There was 16 years between my mother's oldest brother and her youngest sister. There's 24 years between my oldest cousin and the youngest.

images (4).jpeg

2 hours ago, A96 said:

Giving your son the same first name as your own

Being usually  known by your middle name rather than your first name

I get called by my middle name. 

I've had problems cashing cheques and even had 999 hang up on me when I was trying to report my car getting broken into (because I gave them the wrong name for the householder). Now I find out it makes people wary too. Great, thanks. 

19 hours ago, coprolite said:

I get called by my middle name. 

I've had problems cashing cheques and even had 999 hang up on me when I was trying to report my car getting broken into (because I gave them the wrong name for the householder). Now I find out it makes people wary too. Great, thanks. 

Nae bother Torquil.

19 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

People who are eager to slag someone off or claim that someone (usually a professional of some kind) doesn't know what they're talking about. People who will badmouth their kids' teachers are maybe the most common example of this. Healthcare workers and people from the council too. Massive alarm bells when someone starts self-righteously pontificating about how someone with infinitely more knowledge and experience who is there to help them 'doesnt know what they're talking about' or suchlike.

Can you add match officials to that list.....?! 

19 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

People who are eager to slag someone off or claim that someone (usually a professional of some kind) doesn't know what they're talking about. People who will badmouth their kids' teachers are maybe the most common example of this. Healthcare workers and people from the council too. Massive alarm bells when someone starts self-righteously pontificating about how someone with infinitely more knowledge and experience who is there to help them 'doesnt know what they're talking about' or suchlike.

Related behaviour is prioritising anecdote or experience over statistics as evidence. Eg:

There can't be global warming because it doesn't seem any hotter

Smoking can't be bad for you because granny smoked a pipe for 75 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2019 at 00:33, coprolite said:

Related behaviour is prioritising anecdote or experience over statistics as evidence. Eg:

There can't be global warming because it doesn't seem any hotter

Smoking can't be bad for you because granny smoked a pipe for 75 years. 

I think I'll be taking Donald Trump's word on climate change over 11000 scientists, thank you very much.