Traits That Make You Wary

7 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Is NI actually divided along socio-economic lines in addition to religious ones in terms of accent? 

What a fucking place to belong to... 😞

In any part of the British Isles the people are divided by accent.

No scots speak with a plummy accent?

Edited by Jacksgranda

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

In any part of the British Isles the people are divided by accent.

No scots speak with a plummy accent?

Yes, but Scots are not divided by accent according to their religion that I'm aware of. So this a new one on me.

Edited by Angusfifer

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Yes, but Scots are not divided by accent according to their religion that I'm aware of. So this a new one on me.

I'm not aware of a protestant accent or a Roman Catholic one here either.

Women with dirt under their fingernails are always durty.
Always a treat when some lassie with ridiculous fake talons comes in, and you notice one of them has peeled off, exposing the hideous manky nightmare hiding underneath...

Giving your son the same first name as your own

Catching up on this thread. This is definitely weird AF. There is a family living round the corner who have carried the name ‘Alec’ on through four generations. The tiny grandad who can now barely walk is still referred to as ‘Big Alec’, His son still gets called ‘Wee Alec’ by them even though he’s now taller than his dad and has had his own son and grandson both called ‘Alec’.

People at work who I barely know slating other colleagues to me. To me it suggests:
1) you're probably a c**t and
2) you would not hesitate in slating me to others should you deem me to have wronged you

I just change the subject forcibly if someone talks ill of someone who’s not there, it’s shitwhawk behaviour.

People at work who I barely know slating other colleagues to me. To me it suggests:
1) you're probably a c**t and
2) you would not hesitate in slating me to others should you deem me to have wronged you
The second one is the most pertinent point and one that must never be forgotten at work.

• 2 months later...