Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Can't argue with the basis of his argument in that article to be fair. We were robbed.....and generations of Scots have been gullible enough to allow it to happen.

"Idiots"

Well to be honest.... yes.

If he is back, let's hope he sticks to targeting the economic illiterate and UKgov apologists.

He is never going to tone down the personal insults though...it is just who he is.. Unfortunate because it demeans otherwise very good journalism. 

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He bans anyone but fanboys from his own social media platform, and says whatever he likes. And he sued Kezia Dugdale for saying what she thought, he's hardly a poster boy for freedom of speech. 

And these are bad things when he does it, but good when someone else does it?

26 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Is the reason he keeps getting banned not that he's circumventing previous bans, with the first being for running harassing sock puppet accounts? Seems perfectly fair to me. He should try and be more subtle next time

I don’t think there was anything justifying his initial ban, other than shrill mopery from a group of extremists. 

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

And these are bad things when he does it, but good when someone else does it?

He can hardly complain about being banned from another platform for breaking the rules when he does it on his own platform just for disagreeing. Do you think Div should be allowed to ban people from here?

It takes some going in a very crowded field to be the biggest VL in Scottish politics, but fair play to the creepy wee bigot.

Wonder who he will compare himself to this time. Last time it was Muhammad Ali, who next, MLK, Mandela, Ghandi ?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

He can hardly complain about being banned from another platform for breaking the rules when he does it on his own platform just for disagreeing. Do you think Div should be allowed to ban people from here?

I don’t think people should be banned from anywhere unless they break the terms of service and I think banning people when they don’t break the terms of service is itself breaking the terms of service.

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ahh so hate speech then?

None of that from Campbell to my knowledge. People post actual hate speech every day with no consequence so I don’t really see how special treatment for Campbell is justified.

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I don’t think people should be banned from anywhere unless they break the terms of service and I think banning people when they don’t break the terms of service is itself breaking the terms of service.

Struggling to find anything on here that he didn't do at one time or another tbh.

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/hateful-conduct-policy

7 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

None of that from Campbell to my knowledge. People post actual hate speech every day with no consequence so I don’t really see how special treatment for Campbell is justified.

As a unionist I followed Campbell quite a bit and his passion for Scottish independence was undeniable.

His big problem was with the new SNP under Sturgeon which he began to believe was more interested in maintaining power and control in Scotland under the UK rather than Fight for independence.

He was also a social conservative and hated all things ‘woke’ which, inevitably, led him to clash with the SNP.

He was a brilliant journalist and led the charge against the missing £600k in the SNP Accounts amongst many other interesting crusades.

I just enjoyed reading his stuff and never thought he had done anything which could be classified as hateful.

Anyway, just my take on him and Wings.

Also came across lots of friendly people who put up with  my unionism with great tolerance.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I just enjoyed reading his stuff and never thought he had done anything which could be classified as hateful.

Anyway, just my take on him and Wings.

Also came across lots of friendly people who put up with  my unionism with great tolerance.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

You were embarrassed on this claim before. Let’s not see it happen again.

What?

Edit: no, seriously; what?

Edited by BFTD