Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

:lol:

We need a thread for DPB to provide the contrarian view on any given topic of the time.

"I've always found Pol Pot's supposed intolerance towards intellectuals to be overblown, and was personally given a warm welcome during my stay in Kampuchea, although we obviously didn't see eye-to-eye on economic policy"

Just now, welshbairn said:

Team: Celtic. Username: A Ranger from Lord of the Rings.

Don't expect sense from this one.

I take it he's getting mixed up with something he did on his last account.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

We need a thread for DPB to provide the contrarian view on any given topic of the time.

"I've always found Pol Pot's supposed intolerance towards intellectuals to be overblown, and was personally given a warm welcome during my stay in Kampuchea, although we obviously didn't see eye-to-eye on economic policy"

I take it he's getting mixed up with something he did on his last account.

Was it not you accusing me of being “Pep” or whoever before you were put right by the mods?

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

Was it not you accusing me of being “Pep” or whoever before you were put right by the mods?

Not that I remember, although I'm getting old. How would the mods know you weren't Pepp?

I'd have guessed Banana personally, but there's no doubt this isn't your first account.

11 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I'd like to know why you chose a Ranger in the Lord of the Rings as your username and Celtic as your team, this time around?

None of my business of course, just curious..

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

I'd like to know why you chose a Ranger in the Lord of the Rings as your username and Celtic as your team, this time around?

I don’t know what you mean by “this time around” but I am a Celtic fan who enjoys the writings of JRR Tolkien. 

what did you imagine the reason to be?

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Not that I remember, although I'm getting old. How would the mods know you weren't Pepp?

I'd have guessed Banana personally, but there's no doubt this isn't your first account.

Well, the mods did opine that I am in fact a completely new poster. I guess they must have looked into it after some of your howling.

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I don’t know what you mean by “this time around” but I am a Celtic fan who enjoys the writings of JRR Tolkien. 

what did you imagine the reason to be?

I don't know, maybe to make Celtic fans look like idiots while giving a wink to Rangers fans that you're a true bear taking the pish?

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

Well, the mods did opine that I am in fact a completely new poster. I guess they must have looked into it after some of your howling.

I can't imagine any forum moderator claiming to know that anybody is a completely new poster!  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

It's not Pepp or banana btw.

Intriguing.

It's you, isn't it?

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't know, maybe to make Celtic fans look like idiots while giving a wink to Rangers fans that you're a true bear taking the pish?

That would be a very sad thing for a 41 year old adult male with children to be spending his time doing. 

Only now am I even seeing the association you are making with the word “Ranger”. 

8 hours ago, Thorongil said:

It did happen.

Well no. What almost certainly happened is a mod noticed your IP didn't match that of any previously banned poster. Not quite the same thing. 

Perhaps there's a reason we think every whiny wee transphobic AlbaDa loser is an alias, which of course is that every AlbaDa is a whiny wee transphobic loser. I don't think we should discount the possibility. 

41 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Well no. What almost certainly happened is a mod noticed your IP didn't match that of any previously banned poster. Not quite the same thing. 

Perhaps there's a reason we think every whiny wee transphobic AlbaDa loser is an alias, which of course is that every AlbaDa is a whiny wee transphobic loser. I don't think we should discount the possibility. 

Well yes. A mod literally stated that I am not a banned alias but a completely new poster. Got it?

You are being quite abusive and robust in your language towards me. Let me guess; it’s bad when Stuart Campbell does it but ok when you do it.

What I will also say is this. Craig Murray has been found guilty and rightfully so IMO. I read his blog that morning and thought “jeezo”. He did commit the offence. Is prison justified? Yes, I think it probably is. 

I say this as a fan of Salmond generally and someone who believes he was appalling treated and set up by Sturgeon’s familiars. But Murray DID overstep the mark. deliberately. 

Other journalists have done similar and gotten away with it. I don’t honestly think there was intent from them though to reveal identities of complainants.

10 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Well yes. A mod literally stated that I am not a banned alias but a completely new poster. Got it?

You are being quite abusive and robust in your language towards me. Let me guess; it’s bad when Stuart Campbell does it but ok when you do it.

I didn't specifically name you there, but if you feel the description applies to you, crack on 😂