Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There were 2 or 3 Best/Most/Influential poster awards in the space of a few years and they were all absolutley carnage.  It's maybe just me looking back nostalgically on a time in my life where I was able to follow every single post on a 50 page P&B thread but I genuinely look back on them as the funniest things I've ever been involved in on the internet. @craigkillie "announcing" Big Gus as winner and the subsequent acceptance speech, halcyon days man.

Edited by HibsFan

A lot of the Simpsons gifs aren’t working anymore on the Tony thread. A Particular highlight being [mention=38203]williemillersmoustache[/mention] version of the See My Vest song which was a work of art. 
Great thread.  

I posted quite a few of them on an old account and lost them :(. Some of my best work.

My favourite not mentioned yet is the one from the boys posting the dating advice about going to pizza hut at 10am and the cinema, spraying aftershave in your mouth and just moving up and down to have sex or something. It was as if someone was testing out the inbetweeners online.

I have 3 questions/requests.

1. Can someone please explain, in detail, the mumsnet war?

2. Wasn't there a poster who admitted committing incest? I think something to do with his daughter?

3. On a serious note, regarding posters that have passed away. How did anyone on here find out since this is a mostly anonymous forum?

This thread is outstanding, thank you.

I think we got gubbed in a game the day of Tony’s thread, I got in, started reading and completely forgot about the result. Page after page of absolute gold. 

I too would like clarification of the Mumsnet war.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My favourite not mentioned yet is the one from the boys posting the dating advice about going to pizza hut at 10am and the cinema, spraying aftershave in your mouth and just moving up and down to have sex or something. It was as if someone was testing out the inbetweeners online.

*bookmarks*

The Mumsnet "war" involved folk from here going onto Mumsnet and doing low level trolling which was pretty poor barring one rather amusing Bel Air parody.

Things escalated to the point when they were coming across here and responding. Some girl claimed to post her tits but then it turned out they weren't her beasts, they were another girls.

The Daily Record posted a story that was, paraphrased, forum full of mums owns Scottish football forum.

While it isn't something I came up with I said the phrase "minter" in the thread and it has become part of the P&B vernacular.

This thread is outstanding, thank you.
I think we got gubbed in a game the day of Tony’s thread, I got in, started reading and completely forgot about the result. Page after page of absolute gold. 
I too would like clarification of the Mumsnet war.

Outstanding thread. Easily the best thread in my time on here was the Tony thread. Pishing myself laughing all the way through.

Whilst not a specific thread, Sundays deserve a mention in here. Theres just something about a Sunday on here.....

XBL was some character. "the grey ghost" [emoji3]. When I was in montrose in August, one of the pubs had bouncers on the door, and one of them looked exactly how XBL was described on here. And he looked very rapey.