Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

NDD's headsgones threads on the Premiership forum were great craic for a while. Think they were a weekly thing?

Hide contents

[/ spoiler]

I'm defintley going to activate some sort of spam filter on this thread by remembering something new every 20 seconds.

His annual "relegation threads", which inevitably ended with every club named finishing above Dundee, were just incredible really. 

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm defintley going to activate some sort of spam filter on this thread by remembering something new every 20 seconds.

NDD's headsgones threads on the Premiership forum were great craic for a while. Think they were a weekly thing?

Hide contents

[/ spoiler]

Then ironically he would (and probably still does) have a heads gone on a pretty regular basis.

Beautiful. 

On 06/07/2013 at 09:44, Reynard said:

When we left Love Street and moved to the new ground they got some utter w**k on a set of bagpipes and the full tartan regalia that Sir Walter Scott had invented as national dress and we took a tray that the groundsman had obviously prepared earlier which had a sod of turf in it with a white dot representing the centre spot.

Then a crowd of us followed the w****r of a piper and his shitty bagpipe screeching down the street to the new ground where the chairman or a lucky dip programme winner then proceeded to put the old centre spot onto the new centre spot.

It was fucking shit. I only went on it because the bloke I go to games with had to be in Paisley early to see some auntie of his that had fallen and broken her hip or something. So I went to the march thing and met him at the game.

The auntie died a few weeks later, probably from a morphine overdose, which is how most old folk snuff it in hospital.

Bed blocking old b*****ds.

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Was there not some sort of prank played by this 'Laura" character with a bogus meeting arranged in George Square to prank someone or am I imagining things here?

A poster had his bank details stole and used so made up an alias and arranged for the fraudster to meet young Laura at George Square while everyone watched on the webcam that covers the area.

5 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Seamus banned 3 times a day for about 3 years.

Dryhorce - Mubtumbo 

I particularly enjoyed the Mubtumbo stuff because it was about a no-mark West Brom midfielder at the time then had an unexpected rennaisance about 3 years later when the bold Youssuf pitched up in Scotland. 

My favourite dryhorce moment will always be the world being wiped out "on about 8 seperate occasions" though. It's the word "about" especially that kills me every time :lol:

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

I hated dryhorce at the time but looking back it was hilarious. 

I HAVE A RARE EYE CONDITION YOU TRUMPET in about size 50 font out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, Fredd said:

This will be the perfect thread for me to get to know the background of, what appears to be, a fantastic website.

Thanks to the OP, I can’t wait to see what characters appear during my time here. Hope it is long and plentiful.

Hiya Dindy, Hiya pal.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Believe me, bigger c***s than you showed up to these things and there was never any shite at them. :lol:  There was never any danger of him getting hassle...KeithGY even said to him to come over and have a pint (but not share a pint, that's another thing altogether) with a few of us and he sort of kept his head low and mumbled 'no, it's OK'.

Half of Fife (Kirkcaldy, mainly - no harm Zen) even turned up one year for a big day out to the big lights and no-one even bothered their arse as they marvelled at such delights as electricity and running water and revelled in the wonderous haven of the upstairs bit of Walkabout. Was like watching a live action, en-masse rendition of California Man. Then Philpy did the slug.

Did they not have printed t shirts or something too, for the night out as opposed to the football? No righters. And what about the size of that Kilgour’s ears. Ooft. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Did they not have printed t shirts or something too, for the night out as opposed to the football? No righters. And what about the size of that Kilgour’s ears. Ooft. 

Aye, they had them all printed up for their big day. :lol:

I thought Kilgour was the trophy at one point...

Guest Moomintroll
Only thing I remember that hasnt been mentioned is the boy who had about 80,000 posts, and every single one was in Word Association. I'm sure he was banned somehow and I have to wonder how he now spends his days.
Theres always a chance he was an incredibly determined, and pointlessly single minded, bot I suppose.
Who could forget booitsme9 & his incredible selection of bouncy gifs that chewed up Divs entire bandwidth whenever he appeared.

25 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Worst job - worked in a slaughterhouse in Guildford when I was a teenager.

I was given a sledgehammer and told to crack the cow's skulls with it. When I asked about bolt guns they laughed and said they didn't have anything so modern.

All morning I killed cows.

If you didn't swing the sledgehammer hard enough, the cow went fuckin' nuts and tried to break the crush. Hit the thing too hard and the sledgehammer smashed the skull and you got covered in brains. By lunchtime I was knackered, but when I got to the canteen everybody stood up and applauded.

Turned out they were having a laugh with the new guy and I could have been using a bolt gun. I walked out and never went back. 

Didn't even ask for wages.  

Aye that was just another one of those jobs about crap jobs and, probably because it was so long ago, in my mind it ranked alongside tailing prawns in a fish factory. Didn't expect the reaction.