General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Amateur. 

I've turned 3 notorious non voters into Conservative and Unionist Votes. 

Keep up.

I've managed to turn 4 previous SNP/Yes voters/didn't vote in 2017 back to voting SNP too.

I have 104 friends.

I’m generally of the opinion that 99% of anti-semitism chat in British politics is absolute shite, aimed at silencing anyone who might challenge the idea of America and Israel doing whatever it likes.

The choice of Soros as the go-to bogeyman/shadowy global overlord of choice clearly is steeped in anti-semitism. This is an almost Wayne Hennessey type situation, where I’d rather actually be a raging bigot than stupid enough to not understand what I was doing.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Postal votes complete in the Monkman household. The other half doesn’t particularly care for politics and comes from a “staunch” family but she’s unknowingly voting for the only show in town.

IMG_4352.jpg

Captured and reported to the Electoral Commission. Stealing someone elses vote is electoral fraud. 

12 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Love to rank the different types of racism in my column for a national broadsheet newspaper.

IMG_20191129_001114.thumb.jpg.bfa27eafbce3c51a59fc66226388b4f2.jpg

Muslims are fair game, everyone knows that. Nobody has gassed 6 million of them yet.

When people who have political parties as their avatar say they've converted people to vote for their party, always consider that the people who say "aw yeah I'll definitely vote for you now" are highly likely to be saying that so that you stop talking to them about the election.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Entire election becoming 'which party is the most bigoted'?

Absolute farce.

On a side, without opining on the SNP guys tweet, I will never understand why people in that position share/retweet things without thinking about it. I reckon I'd be fucking terrified every time I posted to social media in a position like that.

Agreed entirely. 10 years from now, after another decade of relentless social media and relentless, efficient trawling by political opponents, there will be no adults left with a clean enough history to be safely selected for any party without causing foaming outrage in some. We’ve all said stuff that we would cringe at now but there wasn’t a permanent record to be dredged up. I think it’s okay to point out a trend in what people have said - particularly if they now profess something completely different. But people change their views and mature and shouldn’t be ditched willy-nilly for the odd thing they have said years ago, particularly if they were young at the time. Even criminals get to have their record forgotten after a while!

20 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Captured and reported to the Electoral Commission. Stealing someone elses vote is electoral fraud. 

Don't  worry.

I'm  sure those postal votes will be "sampled" straight into the nearest bin. Just like Ruth did in 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29569585

Edited by speckled tangerine

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Agreed entirely. 10 years from now, after another decade of relentless social media and relentless, efficient trawling by political opponents, there will be no adults left with a clean enough history to be safely selected for any party without causing foaming outrage in some. We’ve all said stuff that we would cringe at now but there wasn’t a permanent record to be dredged up. I think it’s okay to point out a trend in what people have said - particularly if they now profess something completely different. But people change their views and mature and shouldn’t be ditched willy-nilly for the odd thing they have said years ago, particularly if they were young at the time. Even criminals get to have their record forgotten after a while!

Neale Hanvey was an elected official when he made these posts, I don't know how old he is but he's clearly not young.  Shouldn't people, especially those in elected office, have to account for the things they say?

I just tried to see if I could find his age and found this article which made me chuckle - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/708296/calls-for-fife-by-election-candidate-to-stand-down-over-inappropriate-comments/

SNP candidate, Neale Hanvey, added: “These offensive Facebook posts by the Scottish Tory candidate are totally unacceptable and not befitting of someone seeking public office.

“Dave Coleman should stand down from the contest at once – if not then Ruth Davidson must remove him.”