General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Don't  worry.

I'm  sure those postal votes will be "sampled" straight into the nearest bin. Just like Ruth did in 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29569585

Really? The article you've quoted expressly states she wasn't guilty of any wrong doing, and the article doesn't say anywhere that the sample votes were thrown in the bin. 

9 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Really? The article you've quoted expressly states she wasn't guilty of any wrong doing, and the article doesn't say anywhere that the sample votes were thrown in the bin. 

Hi Malky,

Where specifically in the article does it state "She wasn't guilty of any wrong doing"?

Thanks.

A few of the guys in my WhatsApp betting group have stuck a few quid on Labour in Kirkcaldey and Cowdenbeath following this scandal.  Be interesting how it turns out.  Most betting companies have pulled the market for the consitutency now.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

The Times have changed the lede to this now, presumably because they think this is somehow less offensive?

emoji848.pngEKihqAgWkAAyKsA.thumb.jpeg.955bee69f871e744b19731a06e14f58b.jpeg

They seem to think that the way to go is to follow the example of Trump, Morrison in Oz and Bolsonaro and be abrasive as possible.

I'm slightly optimistic that it will be looked upon as an almighty f**k up after the election. 

Incident on London Bridge, seems someone has been shot by the polis. Ideal timing for the papers to tell us which party is best placed to protect the public. I wonder who they will tell us that is...

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Incident on London Bridge, seems someone has been shot by the polis. Ideal timing for the papers to tell us which party is best placed to protect the public. I wonder who they will tell us that is...

Hope you are not suggesting a conspiracy. Let's hope no deaths.

btw the 2017 Borough Market attack politically damaged Theresa May because people  quite reasonably pointed out that the reduction in police numbers was surely no help.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Hope you are not suggesting a conspiracy. Let's hope no deaths.

btw the 2017 Borough Market attack politically damaged Theresa May because people  quite reasonably pointed out that the reduction in police numbers was surely no help.

Not suggesting a conspiracy in the slightest, but you can be certain there will be many trying to gain political capital from it.

16 minutes ago, Ross. said:

This looks well dodgy. Passers by grab the guy and seem to have him under control, cops take over and shoot him. 

Only excuse could be if they spotted a suicide belt.

Edited by welshbairn

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This looks well dodgy. Passers by grab the guy and seem to have him under control, cops take over and shoot him. 

Only excuse could be if they spotted a suicide belt.

Either that or he was trying to swipe at the police with the weapon he had, but you'd think they'd be able to restrain him and get it off him without too much hassle; like you say if he said he had a bomb on him or something they're quite right to shoot. 

ETA: Spotted the member of the public who got the knife off him backing well away from the whole thing, so either he had ANOTHER weapon, or a suicide vest on. Say what you want about the Met but they don't go about shooting people without reasonable cause (in the vast majority of cases, before anyone points me to a select few that garnered a lot of media attention)

Edited by SweeperDee

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

First impression, over the top reaction from a trigger happy policeman.

Seen one witness quoted as saying that the guy who was shot appeared to be wearing some kind of explosive looking device.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I heard Jeremy Corbyn has previously shaken hands with the guy that got shot.

Expect nothing less from that terrorist sympathiser*

*I have no idea if this counts as terrorism or not yet.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Seen one witness quoted as saying that the guy who was shot appeared to be wearing some kind of explosive looking device.

Expect nothing less from that terrorist sympathiser*

*I have no idea if this counts as terrorism or not yet.

I presume we are waiting for confirmation of the person's ethnicity...

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Have you forgotten who the Prime Minister is

If only.

Stabby man's dead. A witness talking to the BBC:

I was on the bus coming southbound over London Bridge. We had just pulled away from the bus stop when the bus came to a sudden stop, because there were people running across the bridge into the road, sort of looking over their shoulders and filming behind them.

It looked like there was a fight going on ... people tussling with each other. And then you realise it was police wrestling with one tall bearded man.

I had my baby with me, so I moved her behind the stairwell to be safe. Then there was two shots or two loud pops, I think they were gunshots. And I also saw a spent Taser.

And then the guy was lying on the floor. He then pulled his coat back, which showed that he had some sort of vest underneath – [I don’t know] whether it was a stab vest or some sort of explosive vest. The police then really quickly moved backwards.

On the bus we were panicking because at this point we were almost as close as the police to him. And he was sort of lying there pulling his coat backwards and the police were shouting at him and staying back from him.