General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

It didn't go very well for Nicola Sturgeon.

I don't like Neil's style but he will treat the other leaders exactly the same, it's how he interviews everyone.

He made some fair points/asked fair and relevant questions but think half an hour simply isn't enough time to address some meaty issues, plus he really does talk over people's answers which is unhelpful. I think he treats it like an argument he's trying to win as opposed to just getting information from people. As I say, that isn't anything personal towards Sturgeon, it's just what he does.

I would be interested to hear the long form answers to some of those questions.

She also had this in the last election as well.

I think she's got a particular style of articulating herself and it doesn't quite fit with how Neil sets up, I think she will probably not be happy with herself but no one is perfect.

I don't really think it's that good a style of interviewing as people think it is tbh. If you are bold enough to throw shite at the wall, Neil tries his contrarian thing at everything and will get sidetracked. The Boris interview will involve him not answering a single question but getting in the line about Corbyn and his two referendums a dozen times and that's all his team will really want.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Agree with this. I’d be very interested to hear a proper answer from Sturgeon on the NHS question, for too long ‘better than England’ has been the stock answer to any criticism at all. Scotland doesn’t have the population of England, hasn’t had the growth of England, hasn’t had Tory b*****ds deliberately driving it into the ground like England. Despite funding challenges it should be better than England.

That doesn’t mean it’s performing well and Neil in his self-interested rant raised some reasonable points that fundamentally matter day-to-day. Would be nice to hear some proper answers, which Sturgeon wasn’t really allowed to give.

The NHS in Scotland just like the NHS everywhere else in the UK has suffered plummeting standards since 2016.

I wonder how that could be.

I find it quite annoying when people say that the NHS not meeting targets means it is failing. The NHS is the only thing in Britain worthy of the description "Great", outside of the geographical meaning.

It is, but happening both way tbf. Certainly in Stirling I know there a huge tactical voting campaign particularly among the students to vote SNP even if they are Labour voters, just to keep the Tories out.

The difference being, I would argue, is that Labours policies are more in line with the SNP’s and thre are similarities there. So although they know they won’t get a Labour MP, they know they might get an SNP one who is willing to work with Labour in Westminster.

Compare that to a Tory who is planning on voting Lib Dem’s or Labour simply to keep the SNP out. Not interested in any of the policies they are voting for, probably doesn’t agree with the policies, doesn’t like the party - all just to say no to Indy ref 2 and keep the SNP out. A vote fuelled by hatred. A totally tragic mindset to have and these people should be ashamed of themselves.

The difference being, I would argue, is that Labours policies are more in line with the SNP’s and thre are similarities there. So although they know they won’t get a Labour MP, they know they might get an SNP one who is willing to work with Labour in Westminster.

Compare that to a Tory who is planning on voting Lib Dem’s or Labour simply to keep the SNP out. Not interested in any of the policies they are voting for, probably doesn’t agree with the policies, doesn’t like the party - all just to say no to Indy ref 2 and keep the SNP out. A vote fuelled by hatred. A totally tragic mindset to have and these people should be ashamed of themselves.

It’s not a mindset I would have, but it’s understandable for a Tory that opposes indyref2 to tactically vote where they have no chance to get in. A Tory who tactically votes Labour is more than a bit weird, but voting tactically voting Lib Dem probably is to their benefit if it keeps out the SNP, given their lesser threat.

Has there ever been a single shred of evidence that Corbyn is an anti-semite?

I literally haven't seen one, but I presume I've missed something as the MSM constantly treat him like Goebbels.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Has there ever been a single shred of evidence that Corbyn is an anti-semite?

I literally haven't seen one, but I presume I've missed something as the MSM constantly treat him like Goebbels.

Only thing I've seen is his backing for this undeniably antisemitic mural in the East End of London. Maybe he didn't look at it properly.

5120.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

Mear One said on his Facebook page: “Tomorrow they want to buff my mural Freedom of Expression. London Calling, Public art.”

Corbyn replied: “Why? You are in good company. Rockerfeller [sic] destroyed Diego Viera’s [sic] mural because it includes a picture of Lenin.”

99% of the criticism of him and others in the Labour party has been down to their criticism of the Israeli Government and support for the Palestinians.