Coronavirus (COVID-19)

They were going on about playing golf on the radio this morning. 

As said seems good exercise but club house will be a risk.

I doubt you could okay a round in France at the moment 🤷‍♂️

Serious question for a moment about potential lock-down and the like - Mrs Montalbano is pregnant and is due at the end of June. Are shops selling baby equipment like prams, buggies, car seats and the like going to be open? We've bought a few things but had been saving to get the more expensive items but are we going to be able to get those anywhere? Even if its online, will courier firms see these as essential products to send out?

Just wait until this shit hits Africa in a big way.
As the casually racist in the North say: Sicily already has it.

The panic buying is starting here, the Veneto government has said that they will be enforcing a 200m maximum from your house and restricting opening hours of supermarkets.

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Serious question for a moment about potential lock-down and the like - Mrs Montalbano is pregnant and is due at the end of June. Are shops selling baby equipment like prams, buggies, car seats and the like going to be open? We've bought a few things but had been saving to get the more expensive items but are we going to be able to get those anywhere? Even if its online, will courier firms see these as essential products to send out?

Fortunately we managed to get everything we need in. She is due in around 10 days. Worry at the moment is that some of the hospitals here are talking about putting the newborns into isolation for the first 2 weeks. Would mean zero contact from me or the missus during that time. As much as I understand the reasoning, I can genuinely see myself being deported for my actions if they try that.

They were talking about that on Radio Scotland this morning. Just advising the auld yins not to bother raking the bunkers or addressing the flag and not to shake hands or go to the bar after. 
Saw this on Twitter the other day.IMG_20200320_133207.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Contact a local independent retailer, they'll need the business more than one of the large chains.  I'm sure they'll accommodate.

Edited by MONKMAN

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I slept in an old drawer. 

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

You'll mebbe be reconsidering after your first night at home 😆

Aye, the thought crossed my mind. For the most part it is the wife that I am worried about. I can only imagine being immediately separated and then having no contact for that sort of time period would have horrendous consequences mentally. The hormones will being doing enough damage on their own without that on top.

Supermarkets could help out for time being. Tesco sell majority of things you would need....

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Any answer is going to be guesswork but I'm hoping things will be calming down a bit by then. Been ordering loads of useless stuff from Amazon recently with no problem, it's just grocery deliveries from supermarkets that isn't happening at the moment. Sure you want everything new anyway? My niece just gave birth last night and got most things barely used from Gumtree and Facebook for a fraction of the price.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s an applicable term for anyone who doesn’t know the “President of Iceland and the pineapple pizza” scandal.

Given a choice between pickled shark fin or ham and pineapple pizza I would probably go for the pizza but I hope I never have to make that choice.

Humans are fucking idiots.
The queuing system people seem to not understand or are just idiots.
Stop coughing in my work and being a dick.
Stop moaning like a little c**t because their is no toilet roll.

Few more rules to change next week regarding old c***s and nurses etc.

Staff now going off for 12 weeks as it seems majority have some sort of underlying health issue. Now we are employing more people for a period of time.

Please dont bring kids into work and let them run about like little brats.

Cheers

I'll let you know tomorrow, we've got an appointment booked to go in and get all our stuff tomorrow morning and so far not had anything to advise this has been changed. Mrs P due early July, our worry is that this pregnancy is showing signs of some complications and may point towards a c-section but needs additional scans to determine this, yet all scan appointments have reportedly been indefinitely scrapped. Also very strict rules in place for labour ward/delivery room protocol.