Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe you should raise this with the guy, though I think he would tell you to reread what he says.  Pretty easy to understand IMO.

Cycling was specified by mr Johnson as a permissible exercise. This guy's saying not to go mountain biking. 

If your hobby is running, should you stop doing it because it is your hobby? 

What he has done is muddy the waters with a false dichotomy between hobby and exercise. 

Police being arseholes and overstepping their bounds. Would never have guessed.

What so three cops in England, one of whom, Nick Adderly is an outstanding leader who misspoke at a press conference (at a time of unprecedented stress and pressure) and all of a sudden thats the police everywhere arseholes abs overstepping their bounds aye?

Dick heads coughing on cops to try give them corona virus, cops who are carers and cant see their loved ones for fear of giving them corona virus because front line cops still dont have ppe. Cops offering to come back from annual leave to help out instead of staying safe at home. Aye but just you concentrate on a couple of examples of it in a different country.

With the numbers rising the way they are I think they should stop outdoor exercise for at least a couple of weeks.
People aren't just exercising. It's worse than italy or Spain.

It's all getting a bit weird for me tbh.

The number of deaths each day aren't really registering with me anymore, I think I'm becoming a bit numb to it all. I don't know anyone as yet who has been directly affected by the virus but I know it's out there.

Life is very much on hold and although I'm being paid to work from home there's very little for me to do, so much so that I'm losing track of what day it is.

The only direct contact I have with anyone is with the kids who I have for 3/4 days of the week. Living through some very strange times!

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Cycling was specified by mr Johnson as a permissible exercise. This guy's saying not to go mountain biking. 

If your hobby is running, should you stop doing it because it is your hobby? 

What he has done is muddy the waters with a false dichotomy between hobby and exercise. 

He's saying don't go off cycling in the mountains ffs. It's not difficult.

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

If you're not back within the hour, we'll send in a search party.

Dont bother. If I died, I'd have died happy

1 minute ago, supermik said:

You would need a team of Sherpas at each base camp to help you scale her..

Book the damn flights. 

3 hours ago, madwullie said:

I used to bang a lassie (massive (massive) chebs, nurse, wouldn't be out of place in this thread actually) that grew up near limmy and she always said he was an absolute tosser from a young age. 

1st rule of P&B: pics or...

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What so three cops in England, one of whom, Nick Adderly is an outstanding leader who misspoke at a press conference (at a time of unprecedented stress and pressure) and all of a sudden thats the police everywhere arseholes abs overstepping their bounds aye?

Dick heads coughing on cops to try give them corona virus, cops who are carers and cant see their loved ones for fear of giving them corona virus because front line cops still dont have ppe. Cops offering to come back from annual leave to help out instead of staying safe at home. Aye but just you concentrate on a couple of examples of it in a different country.

When top cops in the country are being admonished by Priti Patel's home office for being a bit too fash then there is clearly a problem.

Guest Moomintroll
Oh Christ no, don't come off your holiday to help your mates out, folk on here don't like that sort of thing.......