Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone know when the first furlough payment is going to be paid? 

People will get paid 'as normal', so whenever you're normally due.  Businesses will start to get reimbursed as of the end of this month (that's what Scottish Enterprise have been telling me).

23 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

People will get paid 'as normal', so whenever you're normally due.  Businesses will start to get reimbursed as of the end of this month (that's what Scottish Enterprise have been telling me).

What if the business hasn't got the cash reserves to pay up front?

In an almost bottomless pit of c***s Priti Patel is the c**t's c**t.
That what she said tonight. That's a pathological need to never apologise. That's a window into her mind and folk should be taking note of that. She might just be worst tory of all.

What if the business hasn't got the cash reserves to pay up front?

Then they have to let employees go. The unemployment rate, even with the furlough system, is going to be enormous sooner rather than later.

Plus what was said before.

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Quite an epitaph that 'Here lies the c**t's c**t'.

I had a work mate who referred to a mutual acquaintance as a "c***". "In a competition for c**** he'd come second. Why? Because he's a c***."

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Horrid creature, she really is.  I'd like to see her and Katie Hopkins in a fight to the death.   The winner also dies.

It makes my skin crawl to imagine what's going through her fucking head, that she feels she needs to, and can get away with, such a massive and public f**k you to the same NHS staff that have been getting publicly lauded (albeit we all know the truth) by all the other tories who remain on message. 

How fucking vindictive must you be that you simply cannot bear to swallow it to stay on message, in the biggest national crisis in living memory. 

She shouldn't even be a political footnote after that, instead it will be swept away like her previous indiscretions. Any of the high horse brigade in here who wonder why folk call tories scum, vermin and whatever else, take it up with the home secretary. 

Just now, Fife Saint said:
6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
They have had about 4 weeks now to apply for an emergency loan to cover this scenario.

The banks have only been geared up for 2 weeks and the process is onerous. It's a ticking time bomb.

I admit I didn't pay too much attention to the details, but my understanding was it was a loan from the Government, offset against tax contributions later in the year.

You seem to be better informed so I'll leave it to you 😂