Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'd have thought meeting up outside would be safer? Indoors definitely more spreadable at the moment.

I was meaning more that if family / friends gathered outside it could turn into a 'mass gathering' of sorts even if you're still in your own wee groups but if everyone did it the overall numbers that were 'together' would rise.  Sorry i wasn't too clear in my original post.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'd have thought meeting up outside would be safer? Indoors definitely more spreadable at the moment.
There's clearly some level of immunity to this virus - and so I'm fucking delighted he's had it and got through the other end.

Only a fool would come on and say that there's no chance of getting it again but it's clearly unlikely.

Why is it unlikely? If you get the flu virus you're only temporarily immune to it. 

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Calmac is still preventing holidaymakers from using ferries so I wish them the best of luck getting to Lewis by other means.

We know that but how newsworthy would that have been down South? So they don't know folk can't get there and they don't know Scotland is still under lockdown. Or they don't give a f**k and would rather fill column inches that be a little bit sensible.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Traffic jams on the M25 and busy tube trains this morning. And then there's Raab saying it would be Wednesday before anyone goes back. Shambles. 

Also can't quite understand how anyone can be ready to go back to work again when they're told they can at 7pm the night before. How many of them turned up to find that work is still shut? 

Neither can I. How does that work? Boris appears on telly on Sunday night and tells them they can go back to work if they like. Place is mobbed. Must be a shit load of self-employed folk just champing at the bit, but still, are they just turning up in expectation?

Dutch have the holiday solution.  To be honest it is too so hot and the facilities are so good in these All Inclusives in Antalya that you really do not need to leave the complex.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/corendon-airlines/corendon-is-offering-corona-free-holidays-from-26-june-with-turkey-as-first-destination-from-amsterdam/

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

I honestly don't think she's been as cynical as that. She's just being firm, consistent and open - leading like a leader should. The tories' spin, obfuscation, lies and lack of coherency have done her job from her. She's not made herself look good - the tories' awfulness has made her look good. 

Totally agree with this. Not that I think Sturgeon has been anything but consistent, adult and responsible throughout. Not Jacinta Arden levels of competence, but the best in these islands.

All the leaders making a rip-roaring cúnt of this - Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro,Lukashenko, add your own favourite here - were identifiable as dangerous fools well before this pandemic. It's Humanity's misfortune to have so many knobheads in positions of power simultaneously.

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

Dutch have the holiday solution.  To be honest it is too so hot and the facilities are so good in these All Inclusives in Antalya that you really do not need to leave the complex.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/corendon-airlines/corendon-is-offering-corona-free-holidays-from-26-june-with-turkey-as-first-destination-from-amsterdam/

I was hoping somebody would start something like that, there are already scheduled flights to Amsterdam from Edinburgh. It will probably be horrendously expensive though.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I was hoping somebody would start something like that, there are already scheduled flights to Amsterdam from Edinburgh. It will probably be horrendously expensive though.

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

You'd think that someone like TUI will be looking at something similar

Mild amusement for today is the University of life brigade on Facebook/Twitter shouting about how the new advice is simple and snowflake lefties are pretending not to understand; then each producing their own unique and wildly varying interpretations of the rules.

ETA: along with the cabinet ministers each producing their own unique and wildly varying interpretations of the rules.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

Mild amusement for today is the University of life brigade on Facebook/Twitter shouting about how the new advice is simple and snowflake lefties are pretending not to understand; then each producing their own unique and wildly varying interpretations of the rules.
It always makes for horrifically tedious discourse when folk completely fail to consider how things might be taken wrongly or misinterpreted and instead just shout about how they personally get it therefore nothing can possibly go wrong.

Totally agree with this. Not that I think Sturgeon has been anything but consistent, adult and responsible throughout. Not Jacinta Arden levels of competence, but the best in these islands.
All the leaders making a rip-roaring cúnt of this - Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro,Lukashenko, add your own favourite here - were identifiable as dangerous fools well before this pandemic. It's Humanity's misfortune to have so many knobheads in positions of power simultaneously.

Humanity’s stupidity playing a key role too.