Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Dee Man said:
Is this supposed to be aux fait?

Well lah di dah Mr French c**t

Do not be jel of my multi-linguistics. 

And it's 'le French c**t' to you. 

Ayr Advertiser actually [emoji57]
i haven’t actually watched the news in days. Social Media is bombarded with it. It’s  hard to avoid it. Just felt it was crazy that people (Ayrshire folk but so be it) would be so open to another lockdown knowing the implications the first one had
Implications wise BBC now reporting that retail sales gave returned to pre lockdown levels already. I find that mighty hard to believe up here.

Absolutely, he now thinks we should delay the return of schools as they are only being "rushed" back (after 5 month off) to provide their parents with free child care. The guys a grade 1 fruit loop. You say black he will say white. If another post made the point they shouldn't be going back so soon he would be all over it with lazy teachers blah blah blah. Schools back = freeloading parents. Schools out = freeloading teachers. Thoroughly contrary c**t.
c**t would have done.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Ayr Advertiser actually emoji57.png
i haven’t actually watched the news in days. Social Media is bombarded with it. It’s  hard to avoid it. Just felt it was crazy that people (Ayrshire folk but so be it) would be so open to another lockdown knowing the implications the first one had

Implications wise BBC now reporting that retail sales gave returned to pre lockdown levels already. I find that mighty hard to believe up here.

Depends over how long, though.

No doubt there will have been an initial rush, but no guarantee it will be sustained.

Just FYI as well, the two biggest teaching unions in Scotland - the EIS and the SSTA - report feedback from their members of an average of 9 hours (EIS) and 10 hours (SSTA) unpaid overtime each week for their members, which ties in roughly with what I do.
Nowhere near this mythical 30-hours extra that apparently every single teacher is doing.
That's about right I would say - an hour or 2 a day - sometimes more with a deadline like getting prelim marking done for reports.

1) Again we ask the teacher because the teacher cannot answer a basic question ( which in itself is poor teaching).   Do you think Mr teacher that teachers that spend their free time to help others and go above the call of duty are in your words "shite teachers"?   

2)   You fail to comprehend that some teachers can - for reasons of technological  skills  -  get the job done quicker.   

3)  What's the paperwork to talk about.  Most dedicated teachers are preparing lessons.    
You are digging a hole here.

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Jesus f**k, it was class when Tony Macaroni were doing free pizzas for NHS staff but they were offering this.  

Demanding it from somewhere that isn't is a total riddy. 

Particularly now, when the stress & workload is probably at the lowest it has been in their entire career.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Particularly now, when the stress & workload is probably at the lowest it has been in their entire career.

Depends how long they've been there, student nurses are (mostly) all working as nurses on a paid placement just now so it's the opposite for them. 

I jokingly said a month or two back telling people you work for the NHS will become the equivalent of the 'telling someone you're  in the armed forces within a minute of meeting them'. It's probably now true.

NHS loveheart flag is flying next to the union jack and the red hand of ulster at redding & westquarter unity club in falkirk, our local bigot hall. No joke

58 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think all government policy should be based on Facebook and polls in local rags IMO.

Law and Order in Inverclyde is handled via social media. Suspected beasts are usually subjected to quick judicial punishment with homes and cars getting bricked. The murder detective curtain twitchers on twitter usually have the perp identified and photos of them the weans the granny the motor the workplace and the bird on the side are plastered for quick reference before the polis or press are even out of bed.

20 cases today from 16,000 tests.

Obviously it would be more ideal if these numbers were going down, but over the last 3 Fridays now they have at least been stable which probably highlights that whatever is being done to isolate and contain is working.

Asking for discounts because of your job is cuntish behaviour of the highest order. However, if it's on offer then why not take it.

My issue with all the clapping, discount giving, fundraising etc. is that it's been normalised, as if all these virtue signalling gestures somehow make up for chronic underfunding and austerity.

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Gaz is a teacher and he's right.

Teachers regularly put in time in the evening to prep for the coming days but 6 hours is a huge exaggeration.

If you're doing half of that then you're doing much more than most, in my experience.

New teachers do have to put in more time, but it's not as much as you claimed, and this kind of thing only gives more ammunition to those who like to think we've got an easy ride.

It's really not.

My subject is one which sees classes daily and requires daily lessons, rather than the one-per-week subjects which can assign a week long task.

During lockdown my mornings were spent getting my own kids to do their assigned work for that day (or previous days' work if their mother hadn't put any pressure on them). During this I'd be dealing with questions sent by my own pupils, many of which would need a written solution which had to be scanned and uploaded. By the afternoon I'd be fielding more questions and starting to mark the work which had been submitted. Given that some households may only have one PC, I set a submit time of 5pm, although would send apologetic messages saying it would be handed in later. The evening would be spent reviewing how each class had coped and using this to prepare the following days lessons. This would mean typing out the full lesson. adding in diagrams or scanned scribblings (and trying to anticipate the kind of questions that might be asked) and then uploading all the pdf versions with a Google Doc for them to put their work onto - and set it all to be posted at 9am the following day. Add in the compiling lists of non-engaging pupils and communicating this to SMT, there were a number of days where a midnight finish was not unknown.
My only real free time was Friday evening and Saturday (where I refused to look at anything related to education).

Despite being in the Sheilding category, I am absolutely prepared to start back in a full school. Really not wanting to work from home again - and the pupils will be of the same opinion.

Edited by AyrshireTon